User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: No Free Tuna at RCSS Oct 19-25

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We all interpret things differently and there is no right or wrong, so let's just get along and if the sale is for this awesome and if stores pricematch the flyer bonus and if not well another sale will come along!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Rushed up to RCSS West earlier this week to get this awesome deal....and very quickly found out that the gourmet line was not, in fact, on sale. My Superstore generously allows a CZ coupon to be stacked with mfr, given that I had $2 off coupon stacks I was able to get them for $.47 a tin rather than $2.47. I was happy to pay .47 rather than to price-match to a different product. However, that said...check the fat content on the gourmet tuna, folks. It's packed in oil and one tiny little tin has 9 grams of fat compared to water-packed tuna that has 1 gram of fat in a larger tin. My tins of 'gourmet' tuna are going to a needy family with a hungry teenager. I do not need all of that fat, delicious though it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by manzervite View Post
    The RCSS ad is for Clover Leaf Light or Flavoured Tuna, 85-170g. The tear pad coupons (as well as the Websaver ones) are for the gourmetline. Just because the 142g weight falls within the RCSS ad fine print does not make them the same product.

Of course, this is just my interpretation. That being said, I will not be pricematching.

Gourmet Chunk White Tuna – JALAPEÑO in Olive Oil

Gourmet Chunk White Tuna – CHIPOTLE in Olive Oil

Gourmet Chunk White Tuna - SUNDRIED TOMATO in Olive Oil

(pics borrowed from Mr. Pickle)

Last edited by DianneS; Wed, Oct 17th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

Toally PM'ing at WM! Thanks OP!!!
    littlebean and jasperandchar like this.
    RRRRRLF - FPC's for Schneiders/FPC for Prime Turkey/$4 Easy ups from Pampers portal/ $2 Lacoupe/$5 Arctic Gardens/FPC Huggies&Pampers wipes/FPC Barilla/FPC Milk ~ Mean People Suck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    However, that said...check the fat content on the gourmet tuna, folks. It's packed in oil and one tiny little tin has 9 grams of fat compared to water-packed tuna that has 1 gram of fat in a larger tin.
    I noticed that too... I use to buy the little cans all the time since I loved the flavoured spicy thai... then I noticed how much fat was in that small can. Now I just get the regular tuna packed in water!!
    Want Free Gift Cards? Join me at SWAGBUCKS!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bekki3

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

As long as you don't eat more than one a day I think everyone would be fine...also if you drain out all the oil you are probably only getting half(or less) or the fat.

I am so excited tho!
    RRRRRLF - FPC's for Schneiders/FPC for Prime Turkey/$4 Easy ups from Pampers portal/ $2 Lacoupe/$5 Arctic Gardens/FPC Huggies&Pampers wipes/FPC Barilla/FPC Milk ~ Mean People Suck!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

its a shame i dont have a rcss close enough to me to get the flyer and price match, just traded all my coupons.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

tomorrow's THE day!
    Kerricakes likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I have some for trade !!!!!!! We are not much of tuna eaters in my house.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    We all interpret things differently and there is no right or wrong, so let's just get along and if the sale is for this awesome and if stores pricematch the flyer bonus and if not well another sale will come along!
    There is a right and a wrong

Right here:

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Rushed up to RCSS West earlier this week to get this awesome deal....and very quickly found out that the gourmet line was not, in fact, on sale. My Superstore generously allows a CZ coupon to be stacked with mfr, given that I had $2 off coupon stacks I was able to get them for $.47 a tin rather than $2.47. I was happy to pay .47 rather than to price-match to a different product. However, that said...check the fat content on the gourmet tuna, folks. It's packed in oil and one tiny little tin has 9 grams of fat compared to water-packed tuna that has 1 gram of fat in a larger tin. My tins of 'gourmet' tuna are going to a needy family with a hungry teenager. I do not need all of that fat, delicious though it may be.
    WRONG

White Tuna is never as cheap as $1/can. And that Gourmet Flavour tuna will never be $1.
    The cheapest it ever is is $1.99 (maybe at a rare super amazing sale it would be 1.88 or 1.67)
    The flavoured tuna that IS $1 are the tiny 85g cans.
    Doing the price match to get the gourmet one because it "falls in the size range" is wrong.
    You are all ripping off the stores you are doing the PMing at. Taking advantage of a cashier who would not know this.

And you are going to say "we are entitled to our own interpretation" and "the cashier let me do it" so you can sleep better. Well... sleep well tonight... what goes around, comes around.

You es make me sick
    uanoor, Ceren, manzervite and 3 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

OMG!
    I just saw the picture in the flyer!

It is crystal clear that it is the LIGHT tuna not WHITE that is on sale.
    STUPID!!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Yes we do however knowing that other's have posted that this is not true we should as couponers not abuse a price match! Not only that if it was a deal why is NO ONE buying them at Superstore

Gourmet Line $2.49

Name:  IMG_0511.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  417.8 KB

On sale tuna which is the smaller cans of flavoured tuna

Name:  IMG_0512.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  372.1 KB

Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Thu, Oct 18th, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Ceren, manzervite, hcao and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm going to the superstore this am and if it's not the larger flavoured cans that I won't buy any. I'm not known to rip off stores or traders for that matter. I want to see for myself and not let an opportunity slip away that could be a great sale.

I have not meant to offend people or have people think I am a bad person because I am not, I will see for myself and like a say I will not take advantage of a store just because the cashier may not know better, I don't want him or her to lose their job over Tuna!!!

So please don't judge in a negative way because I'm hoping that is the correct product, size etc....

I don't like being treated like a CRIMINAL for my interpretations, I will be traveling over an hour to see for myself.

Have a good day!

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

Everyone is entitled to their own interperetations and opinions. If I never shopped at RCSS I would never see that the flavoured "gourmet" cans were not in fact on sale.

I think we should allow one another to make these decisons on our own and not bash others. Making people feel bad about their opinion is not the correct way to treat your fellow couponers. Although stating that you don't agree is def your "opinion".

Lets get along people!
    Last edited by Kerricakes; Fri, Oct 19th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerricakes View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own interperetations and opinions. If I never shopped at RCSS I would never see that the flavoured "gourmet" cans were not in fact on sale.
    Yes, but if you were going to price-match at another store with the RCSS flyer, an item that is not named or shown in the flyer but is the same brand and size as an item that is shown in the flyer, as a responsible couponista you would make darn sure the item you were price-matching was in fact being sold for the price you were claiming, right?
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I'm going to the superstore this am and if it's not the larger flavoured cans that I won't buy any. I'm not known to rip off stores or traders for that matter. I want to see for myself and not let an opportunity slip away that could be a great sale.

I have not meant to offend people or have people think I am a bad person because I am not, I will see for myself and like a say I will not take advantage of a store just because the cashier may not know better, I don't want him or her to lose their job over Tuna!!!

So please don't judge in a negative way because I'm hoping that is the correct product, size etc....

I don't like being treated like a CRIMINAL for my interpretations, I will be traveling over an hour to see for myself.

Have a good day!

Ya blown a little out of proportion. Its tuna either they say no to price match or yes. Either way (whatever). I am should people took advantage of the chocolate points at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'm sure it wasn't intended for people to get a million points buy PS3's and put them on kijiji but i was told it happened.
    Once again we don't like tuna....lol Just saying.
    Last edited by mickpalace; Fri, Oct 19th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information