User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Loblaws Coupon Policy

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I actually had quite a problem trying to price match on pullups last week at loblaws. Both the cashier and customer service lady were totally confused with how to price match. I had to point out that theg advertise this right in their flyer. I much prefer to price match/use coupons at no frills, bo hassels and that staff know what they are doing. However, if Loblaws does keep changing their policies, maybe it is hard for staff to keep up to date on current policies.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I ALWAYS have problems with Loblaws unless the coupon is very very clear ($10 Schneiders) - I really think it comes down to either the store not wanting to bother with redemption of coupons - so in the case where they get a couple of small coupons each month they may not even bother to redeem them but if they start getting lots then they will either lose money or redeem.. AND the cashiers not liking with other people get free stuff (or discounts). I've had countless cashiers ask me where I got there coupons etc. When I used $10 coupon at loblaws the cashier didn't even have the authority to ring it through she reached her limit and had to call over supervisor.

UNREAL!!!

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon Saver View Post
    I was at Loblaws today and wondered if anyone else is having issues with Loblaws regarding coupons. I went in to buy the Cottonelle Tissue and had the 1.00 coupon. The coupon wording states to the effect "one coupon per purchase". The cashier carefully read every line of the coupon and said "Oh you can only buy one product along with the coupon in one transaction". She then told me that if I wanted the additional packs(4) of Cottonnelle I would have to do 4 separate transactions. Insane. Some of the other coupons I wanted to use had similar wording and were deemed to be , according to Loblaws, one product/coupon per transaction.

Apparently there have been changes to the Admin. portion of Loblaws and they were "running into problems with coupons" so they are restricting them so they don't get into trouble.

Anyone else had this happen. Very frustrating and I left the store buying one of everything because of a time crunch I had.

Appreciate any feedback from fellow SCers.

Thanks
    I had the same issue at Loblaws on the weekend. I was using a 2.00 coupon for the cottenelle and then their cz coupon for the free box of Kleenex towels. Cashier would only let me get the deal once, not twice. It seems like they do not want sales???? After all I was not getting 20 packages.... I was getting only 2!!!

Same thing at RCSS in London..... I was buying 4 of the whiskas cat food and they would only let me use one of the cz coupons, cashier said I would have to go back through the checkout again if I wanted more... I said "fine, thats what I will do".
    So here is the kicker.... I go through another cashier and the first cashier I had calls over to my cashier Im going through this time and tell him not to ring me through cause I already got one bag of cat food already.... HUH???? Didnt she just tell me different????

So then I get this "manager" and he was pretty rude and says that is the way it is, I tell him it was fine last week when I bought 12 perrier water with the cz coupons. He just shakes his head and then the cashier says "it just depends which cashier you get"....I said okay fine... Please point out which cashier will do more than one coupon! Ridiculous!! I am fine with coupon policies but store cashiers cannot change them whenever they feel like it.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

This has happened to me before, so I just smiled and said ok, we'll do separate transactions... (which ended up being 20 of them for each coupon I had in my hand) No problem the next time tho That being said, they were manufacturers coupons and not CZ coupons.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I very polite and I will do all my transactions seperatly. (Skintamate deal for instance) they stop caring after my 3 rd time. It seems to be a ploy to stop couponers. Be persistent the deals correct, if they want to get silly about it, I am willing to wait for them to come to their senses.
    Lavender Lady likes this.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

[QUOTE=maribel;5026574]This has happened to me before, so I just smiled and said ok, we'll do separate transactions... (which ended up being 20 of them for each coupon I had in my hand) No problem the next time tho That being said, they were manufacturers coupons and not CZ coupons.[/QUOT

Go get em tiger.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmm I'm going to email Loblaws for clarification of their coupon policy. I worked in grocery retail for a Loblaws competitor for 20 years. I'm pretty sure there is a company wide policy on coupons and that employee rudeness is certainly not tolerated. Perhaps it's time their head office knows!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

loblaws price matches?? Since when? @ pandagal
    Last edited by grah6210; Wed, Oct 17th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I say with all this nonsense we just boycott Loblaws and use our coupons and price matches elsewhere , where they are friendly and take coupons with no hastle. Who's with me. I am going to FRESHCO and stay there for my purchases as they don't give me a hassle.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I did the same at Sobeys a few weeks ago. I had 4 FPC yogurt coupons that were expiring the next day and I went to 4 different stores to find them but the only store with any in stock was Sobeys.

So I took my 4 yougurts to the cashier and she told me I could only use one coupon. then she called over another cashier who said I could only use one coupon, then she called the supervisor/manager who said I could only use one coupon. After all that I said fine, then just ring them in separatly. So then she called the supervisor/manager and said "she wants to ring them all in seperately, can I do that?" Finally the supervisor agreed so she did 4 transactions.

Total pain in the rearend but I wasn't going to let my coupons go to waste because a gaggle of cashiers and supervisors don't understand what one coupon per purchase means.

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    This happens to me occasionally (not at Loblaws). I don't usually waste much time discussing it with the cashier. If they don't get the difference, I just smile nicely and say "that's fine, I'm happy to do several transactions". They usually look at my 6 or 8 items....I see the wheels turning in their head....and suddenly they are quite content to put them all through at once.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I thought the section in the flyer that talks about ad match,in the baby section meant that they price match competitors baby stuff. Maybe I misunderstood it?

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I always go through self checkout and NEVER have problems with using coupons....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here you go Loblaws national coupon policy as sent to me today:

Dear Mrs. Stevens,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

I would be happy to provide you with our national coupon policy provided below.
    1.0 Policy
    Coupon zone coupons, LCL flyer coupons, LCL website coupons and President’s Choice Financial® coupons are all gladly accepted according the terms and conditions printed on the coupon. Manufacture coupons are accepted for in store purchased items according to the guidelines listed in section 2.0.

2.0 Guidelines
    2.1 The item being purchased must conform to the product details on the coupon including size, brand, quantity, co-purchased item etc.
    2.2 Only Canadian coupons are accepted.
    2.3 The expiry date must be valid.
    2.4 The coupon must be presented at time of purchase.
    2.5 A coupon cannot be redeemed against the “free” item in any offer where the customer buys more than one item to get one or more item for free (BOGO deals). Eg. Buy one bag of chips, get a second bag of chips free – a single coupon can be applied to the purchase of the two bags.
    2.6 Coupons have no cash value.
    2.7 If the coupon value exceeds the retail value of an item, the coupon value will be reduced to reflect the retail of the item.
    2.8 All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the retail value of the product. Refer to 2.9 to see Free Item guideline.
    2.9 The value of a coupon that offers a product for free will include the amount of any applicable taxes.
    2.10 Home printed coupons from emails or websites are accepted in black/white or colour. Manufacture coupons must have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon, expiration date and be completely legible.
    2.11Photocopies are not accepted.
    2.12 Coupons are void if they appear distorted or blurry.
    2.13 One coupon only per item purchased may be redeemed during each store visit, even if a limit statement is not included on the coupon. Coupon stacking is not allowed.
    2.14 The Store Management reserves the right to restrict individual item purchase quantities to reasonable family limits.

3.0 General Information

3.1 Each coupon will be reviewed to ensure it complies with the details of the section 2.0 Guidelines. We appreciate your patience during this validation process.
    3.2 Customers with excessive amounts of coupons in a single order may be asked to relocate to complete their order as a courtesy to our other Customers.
    3.3 We may change this policy without notice at any time.
    3.4 All coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at time of redemption.
    3.5 Competitor’s coupons are not accepted.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions or concerns.
    Sincerely.

Abdelhadi Barrak
    Représentant Principal du Service
    à la Clientèle Les compagnies Loblaw Limitée
    Senior Customer Service Representative Loblaw Companies Limited

1 President’s Choice Circle | Brampton | Ontario | L6Y 5S5
    T: 1 877 525 4762 x.621814 | [email protected]

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Usually head office always say coupon will be allowed to used against the rules on the coupon itself, therefore, if cashier understanding of per purchase means per transaction, it will go with cashier and store manager's rule. Also, store has right to limit the amount of coupon to take.

This happen to me to many stores (e.g. Walmart, Loblaws, Sobeys, SDM, Zellers, etc.) on the "oh, you could allow to use one", everytime depends on the cashier. If you are not lucky got some cashier who won't let it go, then, there is not much of choice. If cashier only ask you to run separate transactions, you are still lucky, as sometimes cashier and manager indicated, after first transaction, I need to go back to the end of the line to line up for the next transaction.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

wow - the loblaws coupon policy really sucks!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information