User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Loblaws Coupon Policy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I was at Loblaws today and wondered if anyone else is having issues with Loblaws regarding coupons. I went in to buy the Cottonelle Tissue and had the 1.00 coupon. The coupon wording states to the effect "one coupon per purchase". The cashier carefully read every line of the coupon and said "Oh you can only buy one product along with the coupon in one transaction". She then told me that if I wanted the additional packs(4) of Cottonnelle I would have to do 4 separate transactions. Insane. Some of the other coupons I wanted to use had similar wording and were deemed to be , according to Loblaws, one product/coupon per transaction.

Apparently there have been changes to the Admin. portion of Loblaws and they were "running into problems with coupons" so they are restricting them so they don't get into trouble.

Anyone else had this happen. Very frustrating and I left the store buying one of everything because of a time crunch I had.

Appreciate any feedback from fellow SCers.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hope this helps but I don't see anything about 1 per purchase

http://www..com/canada-coupons/lobla...coupon-policy/

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon Saver View Post
    I was at Loblaws today and wondered if anyone else is having issues with Loblaws regarding coupons. I went in to buy the Cottonelle Tissue and had the 1.00 coupon. The coupon wording states to the effect "one coupon per purchase". The cashier carefully read every line of the coupon and said "Oh you can only buy one product along with the coupon in one transaction". She then told me that if I wanted the additional packs(4) of Cottonnelle I would have to do 4 separate transactions. Insane. Some of the other coupons I wanted to use had similar wording and were deemed to be , according to Loblaws, one product/coupon per transaction.

Apparently there have been changes to the Admin. portion of Loblaws and they were "running into problems with coupons" so they are restricting them so they don't get into trouble.

Anyone else had this happen. Very frustrating and I left the store buying one of everything because of a time crunch I had.

Appreciate any feedback from fellow SCers.

Thanks
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

What was the deal for the Cottonelle?

"Purchase" and "Transaction" are different. Purchase is one item, so that meant you can only use one coupon on the Cottonelle and Transaction is your whole purchase. That means only one coupon on one brand through your whole purchase.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Thanks to all who answered. The Cottonnelle was on for 4.99/ea. I am still a bit baffled.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

lt seems that everyone wants to make there own rules. l had a problem with Walmart like that, talked to assistant manager and then next day another manager says NO so what can l say

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Never happened to me. Loblaws stores in my area are very coupon friendly. I'm always able to use more than 5 coupons in one transaction.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Sounds like my store. I was shocked the other day when I was told I could only use one coupon per transaction, period!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

this happens to me many many times at Walmart!, cashiers think "per purchases" means per transaction. even some managers will think that WAY too! at the end I m only allow to use one coupon I don't even bother to argue anymore. they never give in to my explanation that per purchase actually mean PER ITEM!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i've never had a problem like that with my local loblaws. Sorry you had an issue. Perhaps call the store manager for clarification?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have a local Fortinos (a Loblaws brand store) that is coupon friendly but they always give me a hard time about cottonelle coupons.
    Remember last year there was that HV printable? They had major issues with it and put a limit on just cottonelle coupons
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, I had the same problem but with the Vanhoutte Coffee "coupon zone"coupons but mine said one per family...which I think is ridiculous when they have stacks and stacks of these coupons with really short expiry dates...Butt hey won’t even allow you to use 2. What a waste...and they claim to care about the environment...Spoke with the manager and he told me that he will let me pass this time but not next time. And YES the cashier made me do them is separate transaction.
    Last edited by aly8887; Wed, Oct 17th, 2012 at 04:12 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi - I had problems with Dominion a couple days ago - I had the Nature's Path coupons for the cereal and she said I could only buy 1 at a time with the coupons so I had to do 3 transactions. I think I'll stick to Sobeys from now on!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Thanks for all the comments received. I think some of you are right the stores are now making there own policies. I don;t understand the stores thinking as they can get the money back for coupons and aren't they going to loose money from all of us if we don;t like their policies and go elsewhere.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

This happens to me occasionally (not at Loblaws). I don't usually waste much time discussing it with the cashier. If they don't get the difference, I just smile nicely and say "that's fine, I'm happy to do several transactions". They usually look at my 6 or 8 items....I see the wheels turning in their head....and suddenly they are quite content to put them all through at once.
    FallenPixels and wendyjane like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aly8887 View Post
    Yes, I had the same problem but with the Vanhoutte Coffee "coupon zone"coupons but mine said one per family...which I think is ridiculous when they have stacks and stacks of these coupons with really short expiry dates...Butt hey won’t even allow you to use 2. What a waste...and they claim to care about the environment...Spoke with the manager and he told me that he will let me pass this time but not next time. And YES the cashier made me do them is separate transaction.
    You have to remember, though, that Van Houtte put out that particular coupon so that we could try their coffee. They have stacks and stacks of them out there so that stack and stacks of people can use them. I would guess it's a marketing tool to ensure better distribution of their coupons. I don't have problem when it says 'one per family' with just using the one coupon...although, like everyone else, my glee at discovering a great coupon ends pretty darn quickly when I see that wording.
    renegado likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information