User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a friend who works in Telus marketing department. There are a few promotions that you can only get through them.

New Customer only: (Promotion is updated every few weeks)
    1. $45 for 12 months - Phone (1 feature)/Optik internet (15mbps)/TV (essentials); no contract;
    2. $30 for 12 months - Optik internet (15mbps)/TV (essentials); no contract

Add $5/month for 1 HD box rental or sign 1 year contract, get 1 free HD box rental
    Add $15/month for PVR rental or sign 3 year contract, get 1 free PVR rental

Free installtion/free wifi router/free 3 months movie channels

Please pm me as I don't check back here enough
    This promo is NOT available throught call center.
    This thread is currently associated with: Telus
    Last edited by Andre112; Tue, Nov 13th, 2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Promo updated every few weeks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

what happens after 6 month/ tnx

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

I don't count on their promises. Signed up for internet and it did not work from the time their technician hooked up. Took them a week to send another tech and apparently some thing was unplugged in their box outside my home. They charged me not only for that time when there was no service for at least a week from the begining of the service. But also their cancellation department guy offered me to give me $30 extra credit due to their lengthy discussion making me go over my minutes when I was trying to hang up on them. That credit never showed up. Then incorrect billing. Then their rep told me a million times that he is doing me a favour for correcting my bill (which I should not be charged in the first place). I got fed up and told him to forget correcting my bill and just disconnect. And he did not correct my bill which had nothing to do with service cancellation. I don't expect any company to give me any free money but don't lie to customers or don't promise what you will not deliver. So be aware of their false promises.
    Last edited by sporatic; Tue, Jul 24th, 2012 at 05:14 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Live Simple,
    Pricing after 6 months will go back to regular price you see on their website.
    Good thing is that you are not under any contract. You can switch or renegotiate via retention department after 6 months.

Sporatic,
    Sorry to hear that. I was with Shaw and I constantly had internet issue for 3 years. They couldn't do anything or find out what the problem was. After I switch to Telus this Feb, only one issue and their tech support department was helpful enough to solve my issue. I guess the issue varies from area to area.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I wish telus would come to Ontario.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andre112 View Post
    Live Simple,
    Pricing after 6 months will go back to regular price you see on their website.
    Good thing is that you are not under any contract. You can switch or renegotiate via retention department after 6 months.

Sporatic,
    Sorry to hear that. I was with Shaw and I constantly had internet issue for 3 years. They couldn't do anything or find out what the problem was. After I switch to Telus this Feb, only one issue and their tech support department was helpful enough to solve my issue. I guess the issue varies from area to area.
    It can be frustrating when your service isn't working like it should. I am sorry to hear that Shaw wasn't able to correct the issue for you. Glad to hear that everything is working out well for you with Telus thus far, but if you ever do want to give Shaw another chance send me a PM and I would be happy to help you (I work for Shaw). We are proud to offer the fastest internet speeds in Western Canada (which can be verified by DSL reports and other 3rd party speedtest tracking sites) and when our customers aren't getting that quality service its something we want to address.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is this for new customer only?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes new customer only.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dragoncoupon View Post
    Is this for new customer only?
    If you aren't happy with what you are paying with Telus I could get you a really good deal if you wanted to give Shaw a try. Just send me a PM.
    Kris
    Shaw Rep

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Kris you have any deals going on for long time Shaw customers??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by -Marny- View Post
    Kris you have any deals going on for long time Shaw customers??
    We have lots of new packages, so I may be able to do something for you, send me a PM and I will see what I can do.
    Kris
    Shaw Rep

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm reviving this thread because there is a new promo: $10 tv/$10 internet/$10 phone for 12 months!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

we have telus optik tv signed up like 2 years ago when they had a promo. The rates were good but service was horrible! wrong billing in the first 4 months.... and then the tv connectivity is horrible! almost every day we had "signal lost" for like 5 min for no reason. The telus router would stop working (upgrade?) almost every other night at night for like 10-15 min. I called and they said their side shows everything is running perfect. last time when their marketing rep showed up at our door, i complained and she told me that i might need to upgrade the modem, i called service dept and they said the modem should be fine and not going to replace one for me?

our contract with telus ends this dec and thinking of switching....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have been with Telus since they first came to Calgary (approx 6 years) and I love the service. With Shaw I had constant price raises, long wait times for service, and surly customer service. When I switched to Telus I had many more channels then I was getting from Shaw (before HD days), for 2/3 of the price. My TV costs did not go up until this year, and my phone and internet have remained fairly stable. I had Optik TV 6 months before it was offered to the public. Telus called me and told me they had an upgrade and came and installed it that week. I don't have to buy a PVR, I have two with free rental. I can also PVR anywhere, and I can access my PVR from my computer or smartphone, manage my recordings, or set to record anything I want. I have recommended many people to Telus and they have all switched over. When they cancelled their service with Shaw, not a single person tried to "keep" them as a customer. It was like they didn't care.

The customer service from Telus has been amazing, their techs are very well trained, and they have managed to solve any issues I have had very easily (I have to admit, they are 90% user problems, I am a bit of a Luddite) over the phone. When it is a hardware or software problem, they are out to help within 2 days, and will swap out any and all equipment that they think might solve the problem.

There is also a Telus referral program, so if you refer anyone and they end up getting Telus TV, you get a $50 pre-paid AMEX card. I love this one, as everyone I refer signs up!
    Last edited by schwarzie; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Note: Shaw also has a refer a friend bonus. I've gotten it a few times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information