User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: website cancels order a week later?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Dear website. Thanks for that amazing offer you had. I bought it and was so happy to get an xmas gift for cheap. A week later you send me a note saying you cancelled bc you are out of stock? Wth?? It takes you a week to figure this out and this is how you treat a very loyal customer?

Thanks for emailing me about it once your sale is over and your stores are cleared out of this product now.

Oh and thanks for shipping all the other stuff too. Those items will be promptly returned when they arrive.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    walkonby, Shwa Girl, Aimz and 1 others like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

thats crappy.. what website?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

sounds like sears, they have done that to me on more than a few occasions.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post

me too! back in Aug. i had like half my xmas shopping done with a bunch of one item, a week or more later they emailed telling me it was no longer in stock. im still sad about it
    matrix82 and torontogal12 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    i agree! Sure reminds me of some crappy on line stuff too I had happen. Was it Sears?
    matrix82 and torontogal12 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's too bad. I haven't had something like that happen, but I know there have been previous complaints on here about Old Navy regarding the same thing happening.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    That's too bad. I haven't had something like that happen, but I know there have been previous complaints on here about Old Navy regarding the same thing happening.
    Yes. I was going to refer to the Old Navy online sale where they did just as the OP was describing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had this happen with two stores that I am actually very loyal to and spend a lot of money at: Ricki's and Spring.

As much as I love Ricki's, they've disappointed me on several fronts. First off, it is incredibly hard to get in touch with anyone on the phone - I had to do some pretty serious digging to even find a phone number. Second, the woman I talked to about my order being cancelled because of insufficient stock was in short, rude. I was extremely polite in asking why they would take so long to cancel the order and why they don't have a more accurate system in place, and was met with a headstrong "sorry, we can't do anything about it." When asked if that was that, she curtly replied "yes" and hung up the phone.

With Spring, I never complained - but I ordered several shoes in one order. With their shipment, they sent a notice that one of my items would not be shipped as there was insufficient stock, and offered...wait for it...free shipping on my next order. Awesome, right?

I can understand that sometimes stock is depleted faster than expected. But I would hope that there could be systems in place to prevent this from happening - why would a customer be able to place an item in their cart and check out successfully, and expect that they will receive the item, only to be told that despite being able to check out (which in and of itself suggests that inventory is there), they won't be getting what they ordered.

In your case, the time lag is simply unacceptable. At least do the courtesy of informing in a timely manner so the customer can look for alternatives.
    matrix82, torontogal12 and sam786 like this.

[*A I M Z*]

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It was the Bay! I buy stuff from their website all the time and have NEVER had a problem.
    I love their low minimum for free shipping when you use a Bay card, and their returns and price adjustments at the store are so easy. I rarely have complaints about the Bay.

But this was some gold earrings for 70% off so I was pretty pissed!

Hopefully they'll restock before Xmas. It should not get into my cart if you don't have it! I know the Bay website has not let me put out of stock items into my cart before...so why not this time when it was so important to me! And one week later?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Oct 18th, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
    matrix82, walkonby and Aimz like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    It was the Bay! I buy stuff from their website all the time and have NEVER had a problem.
    I love their low minimum for free shipping when you use a Bay card, and their returns and price adjustments at the store are so easy. I rarely have complaints about the Bay.

But this was some gold earrings for 70% off so I was pretty pissed!

Hopefully they'll restock before Xmas. It should not get into my cart if you don't have it! I know the Bay website has not let me put out of stock items into my cart before...so why not this time when it was so important to me! And one week later?
    That's so frustrating

Keep an eye out for their one day deals in December, I remember seeing 60%-70% off jewelry last year. Fingers crossed those deals come back this year!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This happened to me at Aldo! lol figures, they are the same company as spring shoes
    Aimz likes this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

This happened to me with Chapters indigo in 2011. I placed an order early March and they slowly cancelled my entire order of 5 things over the course of a month and a bit.
    Aimz and torontogal12 like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh The Bay!? Well I don't shop there, but DS does. Like you said hopefully they will have the earrings again on sale before Christmas.
    torontogal12 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Bay Days has continued this week. Noticed that they have 60% off 10 kt., 14 kt., and 18 k. gold, diamonds, gemstones, pearl and cubic zirconia jewellery.

Not quite 70% off, but still not a bad deal.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I had an quite irritating experience like this on eBay early this summer. I purchased a bathing suit from a eBay store in the states, they had 4 different color options and I choose a Royal Blue color.... that evening it was marked as shipped, 2 days later, I get an email saying the color was out of stock and they could send a different color of I wanted....... this pissed me off for 2 reasons, #1, they were advertising a color they didn't even HAVE, and #2 and probably more than the first problem... they were marking stuff as shipped before it actually was.

I never ordered from them again and I never will.
    torontogal12 and sam786 like this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information