User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: SDM - Should I be angry?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    Ok, I just come back from SDM, and heard that I'm on the list with others shoppers, who are purchaing a lot of chocolate last time! I purchased 60 cadbury when it was Kraft event! So the manager said that there is chance that they might take my points back, since I'm beating the system and they don't like it!!! Buying a lot is considered you are selling them, seriously, I'm so angry, not at the fact that the points might be taken, but that I'm on black list like criminal!

That Manager also said that they might give me points on Huggies if I purchase today (saw me with 20 huggies wipe tubes) but will take away my points later! The way he said is like I'm selling them, I'm god mother of a twin and you would know that they goes through lot of diapers and wipes. The parents are new to the country and when they was born they wasn't covered by OHIP since Mommy arrived at 8th month pregnancy (It costs Mom and Dad almost 20,000$ for doctors and hospital )!!! I'm trying to help as much as I could with diapers and wipes as well as other baby stuffs! I know it's not SDM problem, but they OFFER the bonus points, why it is my fault? They could put the limit of 4, (so people would just goes back many times)

Never thought that I have to rant about Shoppers but today I have to!

Thanks for reading, sorry if I ruin your evening!!!!
    If Walmart sells the same product you could price match there instead of unfortunately getting treated like a criminal at Shoppers.It was very nice of you to buy all those wipes for your friends.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Oct 21st, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
    glenglen and pippinelkhound like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I think you have every right to be angry.
    But at the same time probably wouldn't persue it.
    I would think its more likely that the manager is full of crap.
    You may be on their "list" but you aren't on headoffice's list.

There was many many brags that had 100's of chocolate bars.
    I saw someone in the KW area that had 500 bars.
    The publicly posted the pics under their blog. They would be very easy for SDM to figure out.

Did you notice the new kinds of chocolate bars & their new fancy displays?
    Cadbury knew what they were getting into - they blew out old product before introducing the new lines.

I think the manger is trying to scare you out of buying multiples of things.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    If Walmart sells the same product you could price match there instead of unfortunately getting treated like a criminal at Shoppers.It was very nice of you to buy all those wipes for your friends.
    They would not be free with points at walmart through
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I would be really angry they offer you the chance to get points they know exactly what they are doing there is no mistakes that are made with these promos,what they are doing sounds like fraud on there part!
    hcao likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I'd be angry.

I really don't understand why a store would allow deals without limits and then threaten their customer for taking advantage of the savings. This is rediculous.
    hcao likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It appears they have taken the offer down and are posting on the FB wall that its max 4 per customer so be interesting to see what happens
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    It appears they have taken the offer down and are posting on the FB wall that its max 4 per customer so be interesting to see what happens
    I'm not surprised at this at all.

When I was at SDM for the 20x on Saturday, there was a woman there who had them check in back for tubs of wipes. She already had 4 & they brought out an additional 3 and stated that was all they had left; then she proceeded to have them hold on to all 7 while she went up & down the aisles looking for more just in case there were more that may have been misplaced by other customers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    Ok, I just come back from SDM, and heard that I'm on the list with others shoppers, who are purchaing a lot of chocolate last time! I purchased 60 cadbury when it was Kraft event! So the manager said that there is chance that they might take my points back, since I'm beating the system and they don't like it!!! Buying a lot is considered you are selling them, seriously, I'm so angry, not at the fact that the points might be taken, but that I'm on black list like criminal!

That Manager also said that they might give me points on Huggies if I purchase today (saw me with 20 huggies wipe tubes) but will take away my points later! The way he said is like I'm selling them, I'm god mother of a twin and you would know that they goes through lot of diapers and wipes. The parents are new to the country and when they was born they wasn't covered by OHIP since Mommy arrived at 8th month pregnancy (It costs Mom and Dad almost 20,000$ for doctors and hospital )!!! I'm trying to help as much as I could with diapers and wipes as well as other baby stuffs! I know it's not SDM problem, but they OFFER the bonus points, why it is my fault? They could put the limit of 4, (so people would just goes back many times)

Never thought that I have to rant about Shoppers but today I have to!

Thanks for reading, sorry if I ruin your evening!!!!
    I think you are just on the list of that particular store and not on the HO list , so it doesn't really mean much.

Maybe you should shop at other SDM's for a while , they are pretty much everywhere . Its better to give other SDM stores your business, if this tore doesn't care about you.

I have 3 SDM's in walking distance from my house ..lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Who cares if you are on their "list"....in fact that would pi$$ me off so much that I'd go out of my way to shop their deals in multiples more often!

There is a manager here in town who follows me around his grocery store in case I "steal" any coupons so I've made it my mission to find him, watch as he "stealthily" follows me around....I touch coupons, I may pick one up....eye it....then put it back down, I may take one then go back and return it...

I thought at first he thought I was stealing from the store because I tend to go up and down all the aisles when I shop there....then I realized...he's a couponer-hater!!!!

I spent an entire week going in with my basket for one item every day during my lunch hour (the store is just down the street) and didn't take a single coupon. I go in regularly just to annoy him...

I hate the coupon-haters! and ya it's a waste of my time but damn does it feel good!!!

J
    Last edited by jezz; Mon, Oct 22nd, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Couldn't agree more with Screamys post! Well said and so true!

For the life of me I can't figure out why SDM has not caught on to what customers do and therefore stop putting out promotions like this. You would think by now that they would have learned. Especially after "ChocolateGate". I mean c'mon now..who didn't look at the Huggies promo and think O-M-G this is just like the chocolate bar promo.

Just because we coupon and we are cheap doesn't mean we are stupid. Its because we coupon and we are cheap that we can spot a stupendous deal 100 kms away. We know their systems better then they do. Yet they continue to treat their customers like we all just climbed out from under a rock after hibernating for the past 50 years. Their marketing team seriously needs to rethink their promotions in the future OR just suck it up when this kinda crap happens. Because no matter what..people are ALWAYS going to milk it for everything its worth.

I have a bit of anxiety that they are thinking about taking our points back for the wipes. BUT at the same time..It will cause them a BIG FRICKING HEADACHE when people start calling and complaining. I would be first in line for it. And not because of the points themselves. But because ONCE AGAIN they didn't get their heads outta their arses to see the BIG picture of this promotion before they put it out and they don't have any right to take our points back when they DID NOT IMPOSE LIMITS BEFOREHAND!
    lealgen, couponing4life and sam786 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRobertson View Post
    Couldn't agree more with Screamys post! Well said and so true!

For the life of me I can't figure out why SDM has not caught on to what customers do and therefore stop putting out promotions like this. You would think by now that they would have learned. Especially after "ChocolateGate". I mean c'mon now..who didn't look at the Huggies promo and think O-M-G this is just like the chocolate bar promo.

Just because we coupon and we are cheap doesn't mean we are stupid. Its because we coupon and we are cheap that we can spot a stupendous deal 100 kms away. We know their systems better then they do. Yet they continue to treat their customers like we all just climbed out from under a rock after hibernating for the past 50 years. Their marketing team seriously needs to rethink their promotions in the future OR just suck it up when this kinda crap happens. Because no matter what..people are ALWAYS going to milk it for everything its worth.

I have a bit of anxiety that they are thinking about taking our points back for the wipes. BUT at the same time..It will cause them a BIG FRICKING HEADACHE when people start calling and complaining. I would be first in line for it. And not because of the points themselves. But because ONCE AGAIN they didn't get their heads outta their arses to see the BIG picture of this promotion before they put it out and they don't have any right to take our points back when they DID NOT IMPOSE LIMITS BEFOREHAND!
    We are not cheap , we are frugal

No need to be anxious , if they take your points back , return each and every wipe ( unopened ) , which you are allowed to with a receipt within the time limit , they will get the message .

When tons of people start returning the wipes , they will be stuck with all the unsold inventory and they will even get crap from Huggies for this.

No one is going to buy them later on as the sale will be over and without the points and the higher non sale price , they will be stuck with them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

This made me LOL...I sense a fellow windmill-tilter...

I hope you wrote HO about this guy. What a waste of his time - which they pay for!

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    Who cares if you are on their "list"....in fact that would pi$$ me off so much that I'd go out of my way to shop their deals in multiples more often!

There is a manager here in town who follows me around his grocery store in case I "steal" any coupons so I've made it my mission to find him, watch as he "stealthily" follows me around....I touch coupons, I may pick one up....eye it....then put it back down, I may take one then go back and return it...

I thought at first he thought I was stealing from the store because I tend to go up and down all the aisles when I shop there....then I realized...he's a couponer-hater!!!!

I spent an entire week going in with my basket for one item every day during my lunch hour (the store is just down the street) and didn't take a single coupon. I go in regularly just to annoy him...

I hate the coupon-haters! and ya it's a waste of my time but damn does it feel good!!!

J
    hcao, jezz and sharkie like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

And thanks, Ashley!

Can you imagine...Screamy leads the charge for a class-action lawsuit...ROFL!
    AshleyRobertson likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

LOL ok...most of us are Frugal...but I tend to be both. (Mostly really cheap! lol)

If they change it and take my points away I would take all the huggies I bought back if I could..but I already donated 75% of them. And I'm not about to ask the Simcoe Settlement House to give them back to me lol.

You are definitely right they would be left with a ton of stock..because NO ONE wants to buy them at the regular shelf price!

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    We are not cheap , we are frugal

No need to be anxious , if they take your points back , return each and every wipe ( unopened ) , which you are allowed to with a receipt within the time limit , they will get the message .

When tons of people start returning the wipes , they will be stuck with all the unsold inventory and they will even get crap from Huggies for this.

No one is going to buy them later on as the sale will be over and without the points and the higher non sale price , they will be stuck with them

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Hilarious! The judge would think any of us was crazy having a lawsuit over wipes and optimum points.
    Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    And thanks, Ashley!

Can you imagine...Screamy leads the charge for a class-action lawsuit...ROFL!
    sharkie likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information