User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Any word on GC promotion?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thank you so much thien_nga. I am very sure there will be alot of happy campers when they read this, but maybe you should start a new thread for it and let this one die.
    Sorry for the drama.
    peachies likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    Thank you so much thien_nga. I am very sure there will be alot of happy campers when they read this, but maybe you should start a new thread for it and let this one die.
    Sorry for the drama.
    No need to be worried, you are a lot braver than me to state that!!! I knew people was using GC to buy GC during the promotion period to double dip but I don't want to be in trouble to state out, I always use GC to buy GC but I never ask them to scan my optimum because I know I shouldn't get points for it, that's it!!

I'm taking pics of the flyers now, see you in my new thread!! :D Like you a lot!!! :D
    Tabby40, peachies and Valerey like this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post

I'm taking pics of the flyers now, see you in my new thread!! :D Like you a lot!!! :D
    OMG... I am at the edge of my seat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mydusty and Tabby40 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks everyone for PM me, Sorry I can't answer all right now, but here I'll post the fine print for the GCs promotion as all the PM I got was about it!!!

++ LCBO cards available in ON only. Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products (in this case, gift cards) using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card. Excludes Shoppers Optimum Mastercard points and points associated with the RBC Shoppers Optimum Banking Account. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday November 23 - 2012. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial cards is used as a tender to pay for gift or financial cards. Some conditions apply. Offer valid Sat Nov 10-2012 to Fri, Nov 16-2012. See store for details!

Originally Posted by CouponsAddict
    When they stated "Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards", they don't mean you can't use your SDM MasterCard do they?? I think it means you can't use a gc or a prepaid cc to buy more. Or am I wrong?

That means you can't double dip, ie buy SDM GCs and then use it to buy another GCs, or you use prepaid credit cards to pay for GCs!!

This was taken from the new SDM flyer that was just posted.
    You need to read it well. I still stand by what I said. You should not be trying to get double the 8000 which equals 16000 from buying SDM gcs and then trying to get another 8000 pts buying another kind of gc from it. Its all about this promo.
    I did say anything about normal shopping where we buy a gc to get points and then purchase whatever on any given day.
    Once more I will repeat I am talking about this promo where you by 2 or more gift cards totalling 150.00 and recieve 8000 pts, and then trying to use those gc's to purchase different gc's to try and get another 8000 pts. That is double dipping and prohibited.
    I know my facts about the Optimum program are you sure you do.

Sincerely from my Soap Box
    Last edited by Tabby40; Mon, Nov 5th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    osirus11 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks everyone for PM me, Sorry I can't answer all right now, but here I'll post the fine print for the GCs promotion as all the PM I got was about it!!!

++ LCBO cards available in ON only. Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products (in this case, gift cards) using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card. Excludes Shoppers Optimum Mastercard points and points associated with the RBC Shoppers Optimum Banking Account. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Points to be awarded to your account by Friday November 23 - 2012. Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial cards is used as a tender to pay for gift or financial cards. Some conditions apply. Offer valid Sat Nov 10-2012 to Fri, Nov 16-2012. See store for details!

Originally Posted by CouponsAddict
    When they stated "Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards", they don't mean you can't use your SDM MasterCard do they?? I think it means you can't use a gc or a prepaid cc to buy more. Or am I wrong?

That means you can't double dip, ie buy SDM GCs and then use it to buy another GCs, or you use prepaid credit cards to pay for GCs!!

This was taken from the new SDM flyer that was just posted.
    You need to read it well. I still stand by what I said. You should not be trying to get double the 8000 which equals 16000 from buying SDM gcs and then trying to get another 8000 pts buying another kind of gc from it. Its all about this promo.
    I did say anything about normal shopping where we buy a gc to get points and then purchase whatever on any given day.
    Once more I will repeat I am talking about this promo where you by 2 or more gift cards totalling 150.00 and recieve 8000 pts, and then trying to use those gc's to purchase different gc's to try and get another 8000 pts. That is double dipping and prohibited.
    I know my facts about the Optimum program are you sure you do.

Sincerely from my Soap Box
    Seems to me you're the only one repeatedly yelling about this when the fact is, we already know it and have known it for some time. I don't know why you're so freaked out, anyone that tries to buy SDM gift card and turns around to buy other GCs will not get credit for the second purchase. Chill.
    Sunraven and AshleyRobertson like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sorry I am not freaked out. I made one post and then had people posting and getting mad saying I am mouthing about people who buy gc's to pay for other gc and stuff. This is the thread where people were posting about this promo. I told the rules for this promo. not everyday shopping. I am not sure if they didn't understand what I was saying or if they read only what they want to read. You know kinda like the people on facebook with the Christmas music. Shopper's is only delaying it until after Nov. 11th but within 5 mins people were posting that they was not playing christmas music at all.

I am also sorry that I don't tolerate people talking down to me. Especially when I am correct, and I will not be bullied.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry I am not freaked out. I made one post and then had people posting and getting mad saying I am mouthing about people who buy gc's to pay for other gc and stuff. This is the thread where people were posting about this promo. I told the rules for this promo. not everyday shopping. I am not sure if they didn't understand what I was saying or if they read only what they want to read. You know kinda like the people on facebook with the Christmas music. Shopper's is only delaying it until after Nov. 11th but within 5 mins people were posting that they was not playing christmas music at all.

I am also sorry that I don't tolerate people talking down to me. Especially when I am correct, and I will not be bullied.
    You're the one that keeps talking down to people. Everyone knows there is no double dipping allowed with this promotion. You make it sound like people are going to do something sneaky by buying SDM cards and then buying other cards with those cards when in fact, they will only get 8,000 points for the initial purchase. They cannot double dip, end of story because SDM will only allow the 8,000 points.

I don't know why you keep policing this board. You did the same thing with Nivea and it's not for you to tell people how much they should buy.
    Sunraven and AshleyRobertson like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

A reminder that it is 8,000 bpts per transaction. And you have to buy 2 or more SDM GCs totalling $150. If you buy 4 cards worth $300 in one transaction, you'll only get 8000 bpts. If you buy 1 GC at $150, you will not get any points. Etc.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Nov 5th, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
    littlebean and Cathy_D like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

You know what, if you dont like my posts don't read them. I have the right to post my opinion just like everyone else. I have repeated saying the same on here because of the response I got. Most of the responses I think now where because they weren't understanding that I was talking about the promo not our everyday shopping. So know you can stop responding to any of my posts because it is totally clear there are a few of you are here that deliberately try to keep things going. Night Night

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by silk View Post
    a reminder that it is 8,000 bpts per transaction. And you have to buy 2 or more sdm gcs totally $150. If you buy 4 cards worth $300 in one transaction, you'll only get 8000 bpts. If you buy 1 gc at $150, you will not get any points. Etc.

silk
    +1 ..... Ty
    Silk likes this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

*puts on MOD Hat* please stop arguing ....the rules on the promo has been made very clear in this thread . Thank You
    FallenPixels and Sunraven like this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    A reminder that it is 8,000 bpts per transaction. And you have to buy 2 or more SDM GCs totalling $150. If you buy 4 cards worth $300 in one transaction, you'll only get 8000 bpts. If you buy 1 GC at $150, you will not get any points. Etc.

Silk
    ok, so from what i understand for every $150 in gcs (you must buy 2 or more to qualify) you will get 8000 pts. i almost thought for a second you needed to spend $300 to get 8000pts. so for example, you could buy $50 in sdm, and $100 in esso and this will give you 8000 pts, right??

AND can you do the same TYPE of GC, so like $50 in esso and $100 in esso and still get 8000 pts?? pls and thanks for the answer!!!

ALso, can we buy $150 worth in SDM gcs (to get base pts and 8000pts) and then the next week AFTER the promo is OVER, buy any other GCs?? so we can get base pts.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    ok, so from what i understand for every $150 in gcs (you must buy 2 or more to qualify) you will get 8000 pts. i almost thought for a second you needed to spend $300 to get 8000pts. so for example, you could buy $50 in sdm, and $100 in esso and this will give you 8000 pts, right?? correct

AND can you do the same TYPE of GC, so like $50 in esso and $100 in esso and still get 8000 pts?? pls and thanks for the answer!!!correct

ALso, can we buy $150 worth in SDM gcs (to get base pts and 8000pts) and then the next week AFTER the promo is OVER, buy any other GCs?? so we can get base pts.
    correct but it may vary some allow it some don't
    Sunraven likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

There is a new thread here with details on this promo so expiring this thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/326306-...2012-a-canada/
    Jezebel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information