User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Any word on GC promotion?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hoping we get the info in this weeks flyer. that would be in line with last year. lets hope. i need this promo!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can you pay your gift card purchase with SDM gift cards?

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Julie D View Post
    Can you pay your gift card purchase with SDM gift cards?
    Most store wont allow you to do this but you might be lucky and get one who would let you do it. It doesnt hurt to ask

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last year I did just that.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Maybe they're reducing the number of points offers they're putting out there? They may have found that this promotion didn't help, as they were just attracting their usual points-focused shoppers. After all, unless you know a lot about the points program, you're not going to realize the value of buying gift cards there during this promotion.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am probably going to upset some people with what I am about to say and I am sorry. I don't think that it is right for people to try and do things that are not permitted like buy gc's with a gc. Everyones know that the policy is NO. It doesn't matter if you can get away with it you know it is wrong. With all the problems we have been having with SDM I don't understand why people are still trying to get away with stuff. Not only with this there are people telling others they can double up coupons for vib products and just because one person can get away with doesn't mean you should be telling others to do as well. Cashiers and manager would be alot more friendly if people are not always trying to pull a fast one.

I do apoligize if I have offended anyone as that is not my intention. I know there are alot of new people that are just learning how to coupon and how to get points and they shouldn't be reading about ways to buck the system. We can't stop people from trying to be sneaky and get away with things they shouldn't be but, it would be best if you kept it to yourself. I have been reading a few posts where people say they wouldn't let me do this or that and they are mad because so and so posted they got away with so why can't I, and they stand and argue with cashiers and managers and they are in the wrong themselves. So please can we all try our best to follow the rules and teach others the same.
    mrskoka, Patty Smyth, Doda and 9 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    I am probably going to upset some people with what I am about to say and I am sorry. I don't think that it is right for people to try and do things that are not permitted like buy gc's with a gc. Everyones know that the policy is NO. It doesn't matter if you can get away with it you know it is wrong. With all the problems we have been having with SDM I don't understand why people are still trying to get away with stuff. Not only with this there are people telling others they can double up coupons for vib products and just because one person can get away with doesn't mean you should be telling others to do as well. Cashiers and manager would be alot more friendly if people are not always trying to pull a fast one.
    Your right!!...I'm getting tired of it as well..All this does is ruin it for everyone and eventually there will be no more optimum program. Shoppers will get sick and tired of people complaining on FB, calling HO for no good reason but to complain and try to get away with stuff that is clearly against the policy or take advantage of promos. I'm sorry but it doesnt' make you "smart" to figure these promotions out (choc. bars, wipes etc) and then go and thousands of points for practically nothing....All it does is send a message to shoppers to stop these types of promos. I think that is exactly what they did with the flu shield..i don't think that was a typo but because of all the abuse of past promos they changed it..in turn, ruined it for everyone. See the cycle???......
    I do apoligize if I have offended anyone as that is not my intention. I know there are alot of new people that are just learning how to coupon and how to get points and they shouldn't be reading about ways to buck the system. We can't stop people from trying to be sneaky and get away with things they shouldn't be but, it would be best if you kept it to yourself. I have been reading a few posts where people say they wouldn't let me do this or that and they are mad because so and so posted they got away with so why can't I, and they stand and argue with cashiers and managers and they are in the wrong themselves. So please can we all try our best to follow the rules and teach others the same.
    People shouldn't be offended.....its the truth

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Your right!!...I'm getting tired of it as well..All this does is ruin it for everyone and eventually there will be no more optimum program. Shoppers will get sick and tired of people complaining on FB, calling HO for no good reason but to complain and try to get away with stuff that is clearly against the policy or take advantage of promos. I'm sorry but it doesnt' make you "smart" to figure these promotions out (choc. bars, wipes etc) and then go and thousands of points for practically nothing....All it does is send a message to shoppers to stop these types of promos. I think that is exactly what they did with the flu shield..i don't think that was a typo but because of all the abuse of past promos they changed it..in turn, ruined it for everyone. See the cycle???......

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by myintuition View Post
    If you already buy the Visa Gift cards, then yes that would work. Personally I wouldn't do it as there is that fee. That dreaded fee.
    But if it is something you already do then it is a great time to do it.
    I know I hate that FEE!!!!! But it is something that I need so I just kind of suck it up and try to forget about it lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I didn't know they had a policy about not buying GCs with SDM GCs, but I see what you mean...it would be like double-dipping (whatever number of points on the SDM GCs and then using those cards to buy more GCs and get points on those, if I've understood this correctly).

On the one hand, they've received "good funds" for the initial SDM GCs. so those are "legal", but using them to buy more GCs would be 16,000 points on the same $150 (if the promo is the same as last year).

I really hope they have that policy prominently featured somewhere, and that the cashiers are all trained appropriately ahead of time.

As an aside - if we used the SDM GCs to buy other ones when the promo was no longer on (effectively just swapping the dollar value to a different brand of card) that would be okay (if the policy didn't exist), right? I know I've done that at least once, when I had to go buy a Chapters GC as a last-minute present. It never even occurred to me that it might not be okay, the cashier didn't bat an eye, and I was happy that I wasn't spending more OOP on an unplanned purchase.
    Jezebel likes this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post

Exactly... Well said Tabby40!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i hope they have it. i use it for gift cards for christmas presents. it's a great promo.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    If SDM got rid of the optimum program I can guarantee you they would see substantially less business as I for one know that 100% I would just price match everything if there was anything I wanted.
    Jezebel and Patty Smyth like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This is last years thread and it is full of information.

SDM Gift Card Promo Earn 8,000 bonus pts Nov 05 - Nov 18, 2011

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    If SDM got rid of the optimum program I can guarantee you they would see substantially less business as I for one know that 100% I would just price match everything if there was anything I wanted.
    So would I and alot of other people too..I've already heard rumours that the program will end by 2015...They may not get rid of the program all together, instead they may limit great promos or just stop offering them all together.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information