User Tag List

Page 165 of 966 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Ah, Here it is on the section title Coupon Hacking.

http://www.cbc.ca/spark/

I heard the show yesterday afternoon! It was great. Any tips for people just starting to really collect air miles? Thanks!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well, if you follow the tips here you can do very well at Safeway.

Often we are able to purchase products at Safeway and get more value in AirMiles than it costs to buy the product.

General tips:

1. Only buy what you'll actually use (unless donating the charity).
    2. Buy in bulk items that can be stored.
    3. Collect coupons.
    4. Fixate onname brand products that a. have been discounted and b. have lots of AirMiles as a bonus.
    5. Only buy if the value of the AirMiles at Safeway gives you an advantage over other retailers.

Such a situation exists this week with Colgate toothpaste on sale for $2.50 each. (if you're lucky you might find it on sale for $2.22 as happened before even though it is advertised at $2.50).

I'll do the calculations @ $2.50/tube.

The offer is Buy 10 Get 100 AirMiles or B10G100.

We've worked out the average AirMile value to the consumer is $0.14/AM but it varies depending on what you use the AMs for: gas = $0.1143, restaurants = $0.125, hotel gift cards = $0.133, 2 for 1 movie passes = $0.33-$0.40, etc.

So each tube gets 10 AMs = $1.40 approx.

If you have $1.50 coupons each tube = $2.50 - $1.50 = $1.00 and you're getting $1.40 worth of AMs. You made a profit of 40% and you still have the product.

Remember youy have to buy 10 so your cost is actually $10 with coupons and you earn $14 worth of AirMiles at the same time.

If you bought 100 tubes your cost is $100 and you get 1,000AMs worth $140.

Well you say, "What am I going to do with 100 tubes of toothpaste?"

This is where you can boost your Airmiles tremendously and help others at the same time.

Many foodbanks (and animal shelters, etc.) offer tax receipts if you give them the product and the purchase receipt.

Buy 100 tubes of toothpaste for $100, donate it and you can get a tax refund of approximately $25. So your true costs =

$100 - $25 tax refund = $75 and you picked up $140 worth of AirMiles an approximate profit of 95%.

Do this for 7 days in a row and you'll pick up approx. $980 worth of AMs for half the cost.

Note: Safeway only allows a maximum 10 multiples of an offer per day so you couldn't buy 1,000 tubes at once.

Also, it's been so long I'll have to go back and look but if I recall correctly it's 10 multiples max or 500 AMs on any one offer at a time. If it is 500 then the most toothpaste you could buy at once/day to maximize your AMs is 50 tubes = 500AMs.

Now, is it possible to get that many coupons? Ask your dentist. Mine gives me pads of coupons as he knows I'll donate to a food bank.

Also, tomorrow is 10% off Tuesday on a minimum $35 purchase (after coupons). Tomorrow @$2.50/tube after coupons it's $9.00 for 10 tubes and earning $14.00.

Hope this helps.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ah, Here it is on the section title Coupon Hacking.

http://www.cbc.ca/spark/

I don't understand how the guy got $10k in airfare with a $500 vitamin purchase. I've seen the deals on vitamins.. buy 4, get 100 AM.. with 4 costing ~$10. In that case, $500 would net 5000 AM and any extreme, or other bonus.

Doesn't add up for me.

Ron.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Highly edited conversation. Wasn't strictly from the vitamins. He got a lot from diaper and other purchases too and I recall he was working up north so the AMs go a lot further for flights. Interview was actually about 30 minutes and I was barely able to speak as I was just getting over the flu and was struggling not to cough. Also interesting was she wasn't part of the interview but everything was edited together to make it seem like the 3 of us were face to face. It sounds like I'm talking directly to her but I never met her. I thought that was neat.

Personally, I wouldn't go overboard on the vitamins as they have expiry dates. I just buy enough for the near term.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for the email direct air miles offers do you get airmiles credited right away or later?
    my safeway had leftover lucerne christmas icecream on sale..
    2 for $5.. they fulfil all requirements of the coupon and it didnt say it was only valid on certain ones just certain sizes.
    it scanned without problem but my receipt shows coupon scanned but no airmiles earned.
    Last edited by bryceton; Mon, Apr 4th, 2011 at 05:02 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Should show on the receipt. Go back to CS and check on it.

Also RE: the $2.22 Colgate.

Was just in Safeway. Yes, it's on for 2 for $4.44 but it is not blue tagged so my opinion is that it is not eligible for the offer. Make sure before you buy.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Didn't go nuts today on AMs.

As I have about a 2 year supply of toothpaste already I opted for the Crest offer instead as you didn't have to buy 10 to get 100AMs or 10AMs/item.

OralB toothbrushes are on for $2.50 each B2G20 which equals `10AMs/item. Had $1 coupons so:

$1.50 each - 10% = $1.25 and got 10AMs = $1.40 approx.

Just bought 4.

Tax not taken into consideration in the above.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I didn't get any AM's today or for the past couple of weeks either. Just the base today which was 7. But I know if I am patient there will be one on cereal again soon. The kind we eat. We go through 4-6 boxes a week. So when AM's come up for cereal I am all over that. I feel like I am going through AM withdrawl though. LOL
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Should show on the receipt. Go back to CS and check on it.

Also RE: the $2.22 Colgate.

Was just in Safeway. Yes, it's on for 2 for $4.44 but it is not blue tagged so my opinion is that it is not eligible for the offer. Make sure before you buy.
    I had a look at this today as well. Pretty certain the 2.22 does not earn bonus AM. The larger 3.99 size does, as listed on the promo card.

Ron.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Received a few emails thanks to the CBC asking for tips on how to maximize AirMiles.

Here's a couple to watch for at Safeway:

1. Suave Hair Products

Suave is often the cheapest shampoo out there. Every once in awhile it comes up at a good price with bonus AMs that really reduce the price beyond what other retailers ask. Load up when it happens.

2. Eggos

This hasn't been an offer for a couple of years thanks to one of the 3 factories producing them burning down. It used to be a regular offer every couple of months. The factory's been rebuilt so hopefully soon. Watch for coupons. With this offer in the past and $1 coupons you could really boost your returns by donating to charity.

3. Generally, Safeway allows a maximum of 10 multiple on it's offers to a maximum of 500 AMs on any one product/day.

So if something is B5G100AMs if you buy 5 x B5G100 (or 25 items) you'll get 5 x 100AMs = 500 AMs (on average worth $70).

Buy 6 x B5G100 and you still only get 500AMs on that one particular offer. You can still collect on other offers.

Some people have developed ways around the 500AM/offer limit.

Any other ideas people might like to offer to help the new people here? People?
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

thanks for all the tips OB! I got myself lots of Irish Spring soap this week (using the $2 coupons from a recent smartsource of course) and got 200 AM just with soap! I did one purchase on the 10% day and then another a day later.
    Very easy to collect AM if you know how to maximize the promos--thanks for all your advice!
    fwiw, I also listened to your interview on Spark podcast, very good, although I wished it would have been longer. I think the limited time allotted hindered the whole story behind the free vitamins, imho. But good stuff anyways.
    I have followed your postings here as well as on R_F_!D for some time now...thanks to your tips I think we'll finally collect enough AM to fly our family to Disneyland this year!
    Last edited by krempy; Mon, Apr 11th, 2011 at 04:05 PM.

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

krempy,

Great! Bring me back a T-Shirt! ;-)
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Will get the analysis up as soon as I get the flyer. In the meantime here the email.direct. Only a 5X Base Miles coupon on a $60 spend this week.

http://emaildirectecoprintcoupons.co...4cdf50ab5c88d/

For new followers to this thread you get 1 AM for every $20 spent if you have a Safeway loyalty card extra from any bonuses offered. $20 is the base.

$60 spent would normally get 3 AMs = $0.42.

With the coupon you'd get 15 AMs = $2.10.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Looking at the online flyer it looks like there are tons of offers this week. Whether any of them are goodies???

Will determine when I get the easy to read flyer.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

i am crazy for coupons
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

anyone else hate the new online flyer format? i used to be able to login to safeway.ca view the flyer and search only airmiles products. it was was easy peasy. now its very unclear. and i have to double back to see how many airmiles i would get....dont like change!!!

Thread Information