User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    They might be saying it's random but they are likely lying. When I worked for an insurance company there was one woman we had fl*gged because she was going to 5 different doctors and 5 different pharmacies to get prescription narcotics. We ged her policy and ID number so that when a pharmacist tried to put her prescription through, it was immediately declined and he had to call in. This is just one example and systems are much more sophisticated now than they were in the 90s. I've been out of the industry since 2002 and can only imagine what they can now.

I still cannot understand how is happened since I do not do any big things with SDM...the only thing I did was seven months ago when it was get 18 500 points when you spend $75....at the time i got my points but then they took them away because they said it was suppose to $75 after coupons....they gave me my points back and at the time it had happened to alot of others....I honestly believe they are targeting couponers....
    Last edited by sharkie; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for letting me know, online our 2 cards look fine, I only got one wipe with mine, but used wife's card to get more, we were grabbing some for a friend that is having a baby in the next month, and some to save for ourselves for the future (hoping to have one of our own within the next few years)
    Was wanting to get 3 TP anyway with the 2000BP, so will have her card scanned, just to know for sure.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I still cannot understand how is happened since I do not do any big thigns with SDM...the only thing I did was the seven months ago when it was get 18 500 points when you spend $75....at the time i got my points but then they took them away because they said it was suppose to $75 after coupons....they gave me my points back and at the time it had happened to alot of others....I honestly believe they are targeting couponers....
    They might be doing random checks, they could be targetting certain stores if they think there is an issue. They could be targetting what they think of is excessive quantities of a certain product. There are so many ways they can do it.
    sharkie likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know, online our 2 cards look fine, I only got one wipe with mine, but used wife's card to get more, we were grabbing some for a friend that is having a baby in the next month, and some to save for ourselves for the future (hoping to have one of our own within the next few years)
    Was wanting to get 3 TP anyway with the 2000BP, so will have her card scanned, just to know for sure.

that seems to be the only way to find ot if your card is suspended...it would be to curteous for them to notify us
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    They might be doing random checks, they could be targetting certain stores if they think there is an issue. They could be targetting what they think of is excessive quantities of a certain product. There are so many ways they can do it.
    that could be true..I just do not see how 17 packs of saop is excessive...lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

that could be true..I just do not see how 17 packs of saop is excessive...lol
    That is not excessive! Its only 34 bars!!!
    I bought some, and they are going to 3 houses. I totally could've bought more. Those won't last that long.

I really don't see how they could target you for that, ESPECIALLY with people buying all those wipes the same day.
    It doesn't make sense and I can't imagine you will ever get a truthful answer from them.

EDIT: There was multiple people that buy waayyy more then you yet you seem to be the only card unless they aren't sharring.
    Last edited by sarajk; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
    sharkie likes this.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRobertson View Post
    I redeemed this morning..didn't bother last night as I was to tired to go out lol. My card worked just fine. Redeemed $200 for my son's 3D DS XL on for $179.99 and got some Dr Pepper, Cookies, and 2 lean cuisines. I had no problems whatsoever.

Just my comments to some of what other people have said.

SDM's FB page is an absolute JOKE! To put it nicely at that. The person who answers questions has absolutely NO idea what they are talking about. Even the easiest questions that we as customers know the answers to..they have to get help to answer. I answer all kinds of questions on there if I know the answer to it. Even when I know the answer...the SDM rep will come back with a totally different answer that is NOT right. For instance someone asked how many times you can redeem per day on redemption days. I said 2x on each day of a redemption weekend per card. On any other day you can redeem as many times as you want. Of course the SDM rep comes back and says its 2 times a day..it won't let you redeem more then that on any day. That page is frustrating as anything. There are a couple people from SC that have gone on there and bashed the crap out of me for buying the amount of wipes I did..one was completely misinformed and talked a bunch of crap that she couldn't back up.

For those people that say some of us go overboard on what we buy...Some of us have a lot of people in our household. For my household I buy for myself, my husband, sons, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and brother-in-law. I also help out my husbands aunt who is elderly and some of my mother-in-laws elderly friends. As well as donating to the Senior citizens center where I volunteer and a couple local shelters. My biggest problem is that so many people have this HUGE ISSUE with people getting things at SDM for bonus points. But I don't see ANYONE whining and b**ching about people who have stacks of Zantac or previously used stacks of Nexxus to get overages at WM? Is it NOT the exact same thing? Your getting overages at WM or your getting bonus points at SDM to redeem later. So until people start complaining about people clearing the shelves of Zantac and previously of Nexxus..WHY ARE YOU whining so much about cleaning the shelves of wipes?

Not sure where you have been but there have been several different threads on SC's referring to alot of different coupons that have and are being used in a manner they shouldn't be. Most of these threads become fights and are completely deleted from SC. There have been alot of changes in coupons from companies like P&G, Aspirin, and lots of others directly because of the use and abuse of these coupons.

Zantec and Nexus coupons have been talked to death on here and an old subject. Shoppers issues are new and happening right now, that is why nobody is posting about them.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    That is not excessive! Its only 34 bars!!!
    I bought some, and they are going to 3 houses. I totally could've bought more. Those won't last that long.

I really don't see how they could target you for that, ESPECIALLY with people buying all those wipes the same day.
    It doesn't make sense and I can't imagine you will ever get a truthful answer from them.

EDIT: There was multiple people that buy waayyy more then you yet you seem to be the only card unless they aren't sharring.
    apparantly this happens alot.....I was disgusted when i was reading people got hundreds of chocolate bars and yet here I am with with only 17 packs of Nivea...in the past there here been lots of posts about others this happening to......especially after the last escapade of the clawing back points radomly...I believe they are one messed up corporation
    Tabby40 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i want to go today and buy something to see if my card is ok
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

l think you should apply for another card sharkie and transfer your points from your old card to the new. lt seems like that card is ged and you are going to have problems for along time

To me this is just plain wrong....they pulled a fst one on me about 7 months ago and too a ton of my points away....it was during the spend $75 and get 18 500 points event...I did 5 transactions which were more than $75 before coupons and was awarded the points, and 2 weeks later that took them all away saying I did not spend $75 each transaction so I should not get the points...I took several days to get my points back....the said that the machine takes away the points automatically
    Last edited by ColleenMGorecki; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Then they should create deals that make things more than free. Very poor reasoning.
    sharkie likes this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

they should have state this exception in their rules IMO

my question is...what do they do with the extreme couponers ?.......

Cauz, when i watch the show, i saw that many of them have a fidelity card with the store they were shopping in and the cashier took it to downsize the cost of the shopping and their managers were very helfull.....thumb up to these stores

i must say though , i never had any trouble with SDM....but the people at my SDM ( whom are wonderfull)said it'S always painfull when they need to phone their head office to settle things.....
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    my question is...what do they do with the extreme couponers ?.......

Cauz, when i watch the show, i saw that many of them have a fidelity card with the store they were shopping in and the cashier took it to downsize the cost of the shopping and their managers were very helfull.....thumb up to these stores
    I think the fact that they're aware they're on camera is a big reason they'd be helpful - they wouldn't want any negative publicity for their store on the show.

I have resolved not to get stressed about this. I really would seriously file a claim against them if they took my points away, and there isn't a judge in the province who would rule in their favour.

They didn't post limits, my purchases were not at egregious levels (and even if they were, again - no limits were posted at the stores and no one batted an eyelash and said "this is too much for 'normal household consumption'" when I bought the ones I did), and while they have the right to amend their program as they see fit, they would only be able to do it on a go-forward basis. They might take their sweet time getting my points back to me, but ultimately, they would have to see the sense in basic contract law being on my side, not theirs, in this instance.

They REALLY need to figure things out BEFORE they have their sales. I'd have no issues complying with the terms of the deals, whatever they were...but they need to be set out in advance, not after the fact.
    FallenPixels and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

your so right !

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    I think the fact that they're aware they're on camera is a big reason they'd be helpful - they wouldn't want any negative publicity for their store on the show.

I have resolved not to get stressed about this. I really would seriously file a claim against them if they took my points away, and there isn't a judge in the province who would rule in their favour.

They didn't post limits, my purchases were not at egregious levels (and even if they were, again - no limits were posted at the stores and no one batted an eyelash and said "this is too much for 'normal household consumption'" when I bought the ones I did), and while they have the right to amend their program as they see fit, they would only be able to do it on a go-forward basis. They might take their sweet time getting my points back to me, but ultimately, they would have to see the sense in basic contract law being on my side, not theirs, in this instance.

They REALLY need to figure things out BEFORE they have their sales. I'd have no issues complying with the terms of the deals, whatever they were...but they need to be set out in advance, not after the fact.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post

I totally agree and you are so right......not once when I purchase the soap did anyone that works their say that it was excessive or that I could not do it.....I have no problem going with limits if they would tell me first...

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information