User Tag List

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Sounds to me like they may have your card 'f-l-a-g-g-e-d' and it's not a random check any more. That's a scary thought. If they don't like the way a customer purchased items at one promotion, then they put the card on their 'radar'???

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    To me this is just plain wrong....they pulled a fst one on me about 7 months ago and too a ton of my points away....it was during the spend $75 and get 18 500 points event...I did 5 transactions which were more than $75 before coupons and was awarded the points, and 2 weeks later that took them all away saying I did not spend $75 each transaction so I should not get the points...I took several days to get my points back....the said that the machine takes away the points automatically
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    sharkie likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Their page is pretty crappily run but publicly talking about it will at least make them act because they wouldn't want the bad publicity on their page. Better than staying quiet for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by couponclippercaitie View Post
    Worth a try, but I have heard (just from reading other SC'ers threads) that the FB page is pretty much useless, and that information on there is often incorrect, or just useless, I guess they use a lot of "We'll look into this issue... Bla Bla Bla..." nonesense. So frustrating!
    hcao and sharkie like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

There is always outcry about something on their page, I don't think they care
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    The good thing is you can do a screen capture and save it to your hard drive if they give wrong information.
    Granger and sharkie like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am one of these people who are very confused about these situations. I know we all like a great promo and some people go overboard and then bad things happen. I do believe shoppers needs to set limits to avoid this from happening. I also believe there are some people that do deliberately take advantage of these and they know it. The sad thing is that they do this knowing something is gong to happen because of it and don't care as long as they get as much as they can. I believe these people should be the ones targeted by shoppers so that this does not happen again and we can all enjoy the promos. That being said I don't like the way they are handling things. I have read many posts of people who have gone to their SDM and their cards are frozen. I think shoppers should have something posted either on facebook and/or their webpage about the situation. I don't think it is fair to just freeze them a day or two before a redemption with no explaination. There are several posts from customers on facebook and they are being completely ignored and this is wrong.

I feel very sorry for those of you who have lost the right to redeem this weekend because of this situation and don't deserve it. I do wish you all good luck on the outcome.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I just read the whole thread and wow! I can't believe they are treating people like that I have an Optimum card but I rarely use it and I don't participate in mega redemptions or 20X days. Honestly, I don't really understand how it works because I never took the time to learn. My nearest shoppers is a small store at the mall and most cashiers there are grumpy. I would not be comfortable using more than the occasional coupon there. I agree with those who suggested taking the issues public and posting on their facebook page. Shoppers might not do anything about it but at least it will warn people of what is going on.
    anisa and sharkie like this.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    I am one of these people who are very confused about these situations. I know we all like a great promo and some people go overboard and then bad things happen. I do believe shoppers needs to set limits to avoid this from happening. I also believe there are some people that do deliberately take advantage of these and they know it. The sad thing is that they do this knowing something is gong to happen because of it and don't care as long as they get as much as they can. I believe these people should be the ones targeted by shoppers so that this does not happen again and we can all enjoy the promos. That being said I don't like the way they are handling things. I have read many posts of people who have gone to their SDM and their cards are frozen. I think shoppers should have something posted either on facebook and/or their webpage about the situation. I don't think it is fair to just freeze them a day or two before a redemption with no explaination. There are several posts from customers on facebook and they are being completely ignored and this is wrong.

I feel very sorry for those of you who have lost the right to redeem this weekend because of this situation and don't deserve it. I do wish you all good luck on the outcome.
    A lot of people buy for more than themselves. I bought 6 bars today and am keeping some for myself and giving some to my mom. I have a very small family so I can see why someone with a bigger family would buy more, or if their stockpile is dwindling.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

So, this didn't happen to anyone else? That's weird that they would only target 1 person when I'm sure many of us bought the nivea soap with a coupon.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponasaurusRex View Post
    So, this didn't happen to anyone else? That's weird that they would only target 1 person when I'm sure many of us bought the nivea soap with a coupon.
    People might not figure it out till they try to redeem. SDM might have ged this one person or they could have something set in their system. For example, they might anyone that redeems 15 or more of one item. It should be done at the point of sale if that's the case and they should also have limits clearly written on the shelf. The way they're doing it is unfair to the cardholder.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    People might not figure it out till they try to redeem. SDM might have ged this one person or they could have something set in their system. For example, they might anyone that redeems 15 or more of one item. It should be done at the point of sale if that's the case and they should also have limits clearly written on the shelf. The way they're doing it is unfair to the cardholder.
    the customer service was very adamant that it is random....the other redemption that they took points away 7 months ago happended to alot of people...they said it should be $75 after coupons but then they changed it back and gave us all their points back....I do agree with you also if there is a limt to items purchased they should be telling us first....17 packs was not alot of soap considering I can go through 2 or 3 bars a week...I truly feel they just do not care for couponers very much and really do not want our business..it does seem from past escapades that it is people using coupons they target....
    Last edited by sharkie; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
    i_forget likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Did you know the card was frozen when u redeemed? or just generally using it on a purchase?
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    Did you know the card was frozen when u redeemed? or just generally using it on a purchase?

I found out when I went to purchase some hair products and they went to scan it....I was never notified or anything....
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I redeemed this morning..didn't bother last night as I was to tired to go out lol. My card worked just fine. Redeemed $200 for my son's 3D DS XL on for $179.99 and got some Dr Pepper, Cookies, and 2 lean cuisines. I had no problems whatsoever.

Just my comments to some of what other people have said.

SDM's FB page is an absolute JOKE! To put it nicely at that. The person who answers questions has absolutely NO idea what they are talking about. Even the easiest questions that we as customers know the answers to..they have to get help to answer. I answer all kinds of questions on there if I know the answer to it. Even when I know the answer...the SDM rep will come back with a totally different answer that is NOT right. For instance someone asked how many times you can redeem per day on redemption days. I said 2x on each day of a redemption weekend per card. On any other day you can redeem as many times as you want. Of course the SDM rep comes back and says its 2 times a day..it won't let you redeem more then that on any day. That page is frustrating as anything. There are a couple people from SC that have gone on there and bashed the crap out of me for buying the amount of wipes I did..one was completely misinformed and talked a bunch of crap that she couldn't back up.

For those people that say some of us go overboard on what we buy...Some of us have a lot of people in our household. For my household I buy for myself, my husband, sons, mother-in-law, father-in-law, and brother-in-law. I also help out my husbands aunt who is elderly and some of my mother-in-laws elderly friends. As well as donating to the Senior citizens center where I volunteer and a couple local shelters. My biggest problem is that so many people have this HUGE ISSUE with people getting things at SDM for bonus points. But I don't see ANYONE whining and b**ching about people who have stacks of Zantac or previously used stacks of Nexxus to get overages at WM? Is it NOT the exact same thing? Your getting overages at WM or your getting bonus points at SDM to redeem later. So until people start complaining about people clearing the shelves of Zantac and previously of Nexxus..WHY ARE YOU whining so much about cleaning the shelves of wipes?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    you are so correct Fallenpixels
    anisa and Jezebel like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    the customer service was very adamant that it is random....the other redemption that they took points away 7 months ago happended to alot of people...they said it should be $75 after coupons but then they changed it back and gave us all their points back....I do agree with you also if there is a limt to items purchased they should be telling us first....17 packs was not alot of soap considering I can go through 2 or 3 bars a week...I truly feel they just do not care for couponers very much and really do not want our business..it does seem from past escapades that it is people using coupons they target....
    They might be saying it's random but they are likely lying. When I worked for an insurance company there was one woman we had fl*gged because she was going to 5 different doctors and 5 different pharmacies to get prescription narcotics. We ged her policy and ID number so that when a pharmacist tried to put her prescription through, it was immediately declined and he had to call in. This is just one example and systems are much more sophisticated now than they were in the 90s. I've been out of the industry since 2002 and can only imagine what they can now.
    sharkie likes this.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information