User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Sorry for your troubles, I personally hate SDM, I don't shop there too much, our prescriptions are there but otherwise I don't like the hassle I get when I try and use coupons. They should try and straighten out their policies if they don't want people doing what they are entitled to do and them make you feel like you're stealing from them.
    Jezebel, wendyjane and sharkie like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The prices are pretty terrible in general. The only thing that brings me into the store is a great deal where I can get something either free or very close to it. Flash back to about a year or two ago and I was spending TONS of money there and doing almost every promo. Flash forward a year and I suspect they will be getting close to none of my money and I won't even be paying attention to promos any more.

I realize they made a mistake with the Huggies promo and it cost them dearly. Lesson to be learned. But what the heck is the Nivea issue? They are being reimbursed and making a small fee on top of it and moving stock. They should be begging customers to use coupons!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I worked in the insurance industry for years and we were able to f-l-a-g certain clients who abused prescription drugs as well as certain pharmacies, dentists etc. When I left that company I went to another one that built the systems and they were far more sophisticated and far reaching and I'm sure that with technology growing as it is, they can do even more. I wish they would just say there is a per product limit on points or sale prices per Optimum card, then it would be clear from the beginning.
    Last edited by Miss Molly; Sun, Oct 28th, 2012 at 06:35 PM.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, I have no issue if they state one/four/whatever per card on offers - but they should make that clear and enforce it on the card and not claw back points later
    anisa, Jezebel, Insane and 8 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

why shoppers is doing this again, they should invest in some good computer program that automatically limit the number of items each customer buys, like the CVS and rite aid cards(in USA) , and it should be clearly stated in the flyer how much is the limit are and how much points we can get, NOT COME BACK AND TOOK OUR POINTS AFTER SPENDING OUT MONEY THEIR, so cheap shoppers, if i choose to use coupons at shoppers that means i spend my money via coupons, i should have gone to other stores and price matched and used coupons without having all these troubles , the only thing that makes us shop at shoppers is their optimum points, it is a shame that they are doing this , i have less , a lot less trust in shoppers now a days
    hcao, innaor, sharkie and 1 others like this.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

I checked my account and nothing was clawed back! Thank goodness! BUT I can't tell if it's suspended? I bought 4 x Huggies wipes(but the 3 x packs) and 3 x nivea soap.
    I hope I can get back into my account so I can get the rest of the 15000 I need for mega bonus redemption!

I really can't beleive that SDM is making such a big deal out of all this stuff. THEY get paid for every coupon that they take. And even if the soap was really not part of the coupon(WHICH IT IS) they get paid $3 + handeling as long as they can provide proof that they had stock of that item(Which is a WHOLE bunch of different ones on the coupon) at the time of coupon redemption. ALSO if you use a coupon that is 3.00 and it's 2.99 for the product THEY are actually making 0.01 cents on you cause they redeem the whole value from the coupon.

So I say I spend enough money on their over priced stuff AT LEAST I can get a few free bars of Soap!!
    Last edited by Kerricakes; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Jezebel, sharkie and Anna Michele like this.
    RRRRRLF - FPC's for Schneiders/FPC for Prime Turkey/$4 Easy ups from Pampers portal/ $2 Lacoupe/$5 Arctic Gardens/FPC Huggies&Pampers wipes/FPC Barilla/FPC Milk ~ Mean People Suck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Umm, Does anyone else think maybe Shoppers should contact the customer first before suspending cards or clawing back points? Seems that's how you should treat a customer you want to come back to your store. I have to wonder about a company that messes up then blames the customer. I spend a lot of money at Shpoppers and I take advantage of their deals whatever they are. ( 10 wipes for my 4 puppies) seriously do I have to worry about being embarassed when I try to redeem points this weekend because my card might be suspended?
    Jezebel, wendyjane, innaor and 1 others like this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This was badly handled. If HO didn't think you should have the bonus points on the bars, they should have taken back the points. No need to suspend the account. If the transaction was allowed at store level, and HO has a problem with the transaction, the problem is between HO and the store. Leave the customer alone.
    wendyjane, juliejolie and sharkie like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Sorry to hear that OP but I don't know if any of you have gone to Nivea's website and checked out the Nivea Visage Line , the Body line, the Creme line or the Soft line as the bars of soap are not included in this. Bars of soap are in a separate category under bath care. I don't believe the $3 coupon that is out is valid on this product but I guess it depends on your interpretation of it! I would just assume that if the 2pk bar of soap was part of the creme or soft line it would be advertised under it
    These Nivea coupons are asking for trouble. There are no bar soaps or body washes in the product lines the coupons are meant to promote, so the coupons do not explicitly exclude bar soaps and body washes. But they don't also exclude bar soaps and body washes in other Nivea product lines, and this creates an opening for "interpretation."
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

When i try and sign into my account online, and it comes up "session expired" does this mean my account is suspended? This is the first time iv gotten this message either... i think its just a glitch in thier system?
    sharkie likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I bought a bunch of the wipes and the nivea soap. I can login to my account just fine. But I haven't tried to use my card since Monday when I used it last. I'm sure all of us will be HIGHLY pissed if they suspend more accounts and take back points. Companies just don't understand how to be SPECIFIC in details when it comes to promotions. NOT rocket science.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I think we should all take a bit of time and write to SDM......
    For such a large company they continue to make the same mistakes over and over......it's not rocket science.
    And the way they treat their customers is unacceptable....there are many other stores that would love loyals customers such as us.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRobertson View Post
    I bought a bunch of the wipes and the nivea soap. I can login to my account just fine. But I haven't tried to use my card since Monday when I used it last. I'm sure all of us will be HIGHLY pissed if they suspend more accounts and take back points. Companies just don't understand how to be SPECIFIC in details when it comes to promotions. NOT rocket science.

I was able to log into my account before I went to SDM and found out it was suspended...I did not know until I went to use my card....I am just so angry at them.....They should be making it clear before hand that they are limiting things....they wait until after we spend our money and they decide we got to good a deal and then they take the points away....that is not fair...
    Jezebel and Marteli like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

It sounds like your card is "fl%ged" (can't use the actual word cause it's a banned word but substitute the % for an a). You should spend the points on it and open a new account.
    Jezebel and sharkie like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    100 (99%)

Did your account still have all your original points besides the ones they took away (Nivea bonus points) after they reinstated your card?
    sharkie likes this.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information