User Tag List

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    Wow..47..it's upsetting because so many people bought double that and nothing is happening to them, at least that we know about. Totally unfair how they just pick people. Doid you make any other large purchases throughout the year??
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone an update..Shoppers has informed me that they are not taking points back from the chocolate bar or the huggies promos and this is NOT the reason for peoples cards being frozen. I think its safe to say that maybe the people who have their cards frozen are purchasing large quantities which in turn are raising r.e.d. f.l.a.g.s on peoples accounts.
    Again, these DO contradict, and the experience below proves that, since it was the huggies points that were taken away. Shopper's is simply lying to everyone. Debragirl was just trying to warn us that if it happened to her, it could happen to anybody who has made the any "over the limit" transactions. What IS the limit? Nobody knows. Might we lose our points? Possibly. Wouldn't you rather have someone WARN you that this possibly might happen than to go in on mega redemption day, only to have the cashier tell you that your card is frozen, and you can't redeem anything? I know I would. I guess the OP was freaking us out too, by telling us that her account got frozen by purchasing 17 Nivea, with coupons...shame on you Sharkie for FREAKING US OUT lol. I'd rather be "freaked out" than not know a thing about how shopper's is treating their customers. Thanks Debra for giving us a heads up...

I was told something completely different and had my points taken away. I had no choice. The question that I put to them was what did they consider a normal household limit and no one would answer me. I could stick to that limit if they told me what it is. Again, with the full knowledge of my Manager I did this purchase and I too give tremendous amounts to charity, although I was keeping these Huggies for myself they would not allow me to keep any of them. Yes I purchased a large quantity and yes they did threaten me with taking away my chocolate bar points. If you haven't had this happen to you I'd like to point out when it does, and it will, and you get your account frozen and you have no idea why. When they finally do call you back and they say it is my way or the highway then it makes me very wary of dealing with a company that does things in this manner. I am a huge collector of points. I get over 40,000 airmiles a year, and lots of aeroplan points as well. I am a very active and heavy shopper. They didn't even give me a chance to explain or go through a procedure with them. I've never been treated so unprofessionally by a company and yes I've had issues with other companies and their points not showing up. But I call in and am treated as a responsible consumer not like I was treated here. Again, your choice on whether to continue with them as an SDM customer but those of you who have had issues in the past can understand my comments. I just wish I had been forewarned about this company and am passing on my own personal experience here.
    walkonby, Tbites and sharkie like this.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Peachies I only purchased 47 of these so I don't consider it excessive. I appreciate your comments about being positive and totally agree with you as I'm normally very much that way (for those of you who know me). I just want people to be careful and be aware, nothing wrong in that. I'm not trying to scare people and don't believe that I said everyone's card will, at some point be frozen and if I did my apologies. I'm trying to make people aware that they do this and to be careful in their purchases.

Again..your account was frozen and points taken away because of the amount you purchased. I agree its totally unfair and you don't deserve to be treated that way..but to say that everyones card will, at some point be frozen is unfair, all this does is make everyone nervous and maybe for no reason. I'm glad you shared your unfortunate experience so we can all learn and be aware but no need to freak us all out when u yourself don't know either. I asked shoppers to clarify if they were taking points back and they said no, maybe those people who made very large purchases may lose points but for the average person they are NOT taking them back. People, including myself are worried for our points and don't want anything to happen to them, i shared with everyone what i was told in hopes in can ease some anxiety in some of us...lets just see what happens and hope for the best. Stay positive!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    Again, these DO contradict, and the experience below proves that, since it was the huggies points that were taken away. Shopper's is simply lying to everyone. Debragirl was just trying to warn us that if it happened to her, it could happen to anybody who has made the any "over the limit" transactions. What IS the limit? Nobody knows. Might we lose our points? Possibly. Wouldn't you rather have someone WARN you that this possibly might happen than to go in on mega redemption day, only to have the cashier tell you that your card is frozen, and you can't redeem anything? I know I would. I guess the OP was freaking us out too, by telling us that her account got frozen by purchasing 17 Nivea, with coupons...shame on you Sharkie for FREAKING US OUT lol. I'd rather be "freaked out" than not know a thing about how shopper's is treating their customers. Thanks Debra for giving us a heads up...
    If you read my posts i said nothing like this so please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not complaining that sharkie and debragirl shared their experiences, of course we are all grateful, debragirl stated that, at some point all of our cards will be frozen, that is the statement i'm talking about.
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Peachies I only purchased 47 of these so I don't consider it excessive. I appreciate your comments about being positive and totally agree with you as I'm normally very much that way (for those of you who know me). I just want people to be careful and be aware, nothing wrong in that. I'm not trying to scare people and don't believe that I said everyone's card will, at some point be frozen and if I did my apologies. I'm trying to make people aware that they do this and to be careful in their purchases.
    Trust me..i'm totally glad you shared your experiences because it just helps us learn what to do and maybe what not to do. I would encourage everyone to share experiences good or bad. I'm just freaked out and don't want to hear that my card will be frozen..LOL I need to hear positive things (before i lose my sanity and even more sleep..lol) and thats why i shared what i was told by shoppers...I really do hope everything works out for you and i don't think 47 is excessive either..sorry you went through all of that.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Again..your account was frozen and points taken away because of the amount you purchased. I agree its totally unfair and you don't deserve to be treated that way..but to say that everyones card will, at some point be frozen is unfair, all this does is make everyone nervous and maybe for no reason. I'm glad you shared your unfortunate experience so we can all learn and be aware butno need to freak us all out when u yourself don't know either.I asked shoppers to clarify if they were taking points back and they said no, maybe those people who made very large purchases may lose points but for the average person they are NOT taking them back. People, including myself are worried for our points and don't want anything to happen to them, i shared with everyone what i was told in hopes in can ease some anxiety in some of us...lets just see what happens and hope for the best. Stay positive!!
    If you read my posts i said nothing like this so please don't put words in my mouth. I'm not complaining that sharkie and debragirl shared their experiences, of course we are all grateful, debragirl stated that, at some point all of our cards will be frozen, that is the statement i'm talking about.
    Sooooo, you're grateful that they are sharing their experiences.....yet you don't want them to freak you out. Hmm, also contradicting statements.
    She DOES know why her account was frozen, that's why she was sharing with us...so if it freaks you out, I guess it freaks you out. I can't help that. I hope NO ONE'S points get taken away and that Debra, you will fight for this!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sooooo, you're grateful that they are sharing their experiences.....yet you don't want them to freak you out. Hmm, also contradicting statements.
    She DOES know why her account was frozen, that's why she was sharing with us...so if it freaks you out, I guess it freaks you out. I can't help that. I hope NO ONE'S points get taken away and that Debra, you will fight for this!!
    I was referring to that statement...I'm not freaking out about the experiences or why her account was frozen..no where in my statements does it say that so please stop putting words in my mouth...I'm trying to keep things positive and like I've said before, I to hope NO ONE loses points.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I have lost a lot of sleep and I'm tired and totally stressed out about this whole situation. I don't like feeling like I've done something unethical or wrong. I'm saddened by the whole situation.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I see. My apologies if I got it wrong. I guess it was a general comment she made, and like she expressed, she did not mean that everyon'es account will be frozen. I think to think realistically (not negatively, there's a diff) so if it has happened to her, it COULD happen to anyone. In which case, I would fight it as well.

I was referring to that statement...I'm not freaking out about the experiences or why her account was frozen..no where in my statements does it say that so please stop putting words in my mouth...I'm trying to keep things positive and like I've said before, I to hope NO ONE loses points.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have lost a lot of sleep and I'm tired and totally stressed out about this whole situation. I don't like feeling like I've done something unethical or wrong. I'm saddened by the whole situation.
    If this ever happens to me I would feel the same way. You didn't do anything wrong and I'm sorry you are so upset and are going through this. It's totally wrong. So sorry!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I see. My apologies if I got it wrong. I guess it was a general comment she made, and like she expressed, she did not mean that everyon'es account will be frozen. I think to think realistically (not negatively, there's a diff) so if it has happened to her, it COULD happen to anyone. In which case, I would fight it as well.
    Thank you...I agree... I couldn't imagine what it's like to lose my points...like many others, I've saved my points all year for mega in hopes to get some Xmas gifts and would be devastated...all we can do is wait and see what happens...positive thoughts to everyone!!

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    The Kraft promo did not appear in flyers during the anniversary period. Probably, the promo was dreamt up after the flyers were set, and no one bothered to check the flyers to see whether any of the Kraft products would also be on sale during the promo period. The chocolate bars, Ritz crackers, and gum were potential point-spinners even at regular price, so not only did the promo designers not bother to check the flyers, they didn't check the regular prices. I suspect the Kraft promo was thrown together in a hurry. And given the high point values (relative to unit prices), I also suspect SDM didn't charge Kraft top dollar for the bonus points. It looks like SDM was desperate to have something big for the anniversary -- because what else did they have? Some very ordinary promos and a crap online game.

The Huggies error wasn't in the flyer, either. The tub appeared in a printable coupon and on the promotional signage in stores.

The Jamieson thing was definitely a misprint. If you looked at the rest of that page of the flyer, the other, lower-priced Jamieson products ($5-6) had 250 or 300 points. No way was it ever intended to give 9000 points on a $10 item.
    I stand corrected on the Huggies deal My kids are out of diapers so didn't look closely. I guess the error was in the coupon and signage but I don't think it was their intent to give 2500 bonus point for a $2.99 product.

As for the Jamieson, it was not a printing error. When I got a copy of the advance flyer, I pointed it out to my friendly store manager. On her ordering system, it showed 9,000 points on Mon afternoon (they can see the associated bonus points for the product being promoted). She literally rolled her eyes and groaned! (and asked me if I wanted to place an order . But when she was placing the order on Wed morning (in anticipation of the deluge of people who would be needing the Flu meds), the 9K points disappeared and was later changed to 500BP. An email went out Thurs/ early Fri that showed the correction.

I agree with you on the Kraft promo - that possibly came later after they set the flyer etc. Nonetheless, the point remains - they are not thinking these through and people (naturally) take advantage of the loopholes.

BTW, many SDM managers/ staffs are clued-in to this forum so they are aware of what's going on. If only HQ has someone read all our complaints here!
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

The day before mega or literally right before I start getting my purchases, I'm definitely buying something to make sure my acct is NOT frozen. I read that is the only way you know it's frozen, is if you try and buy something and scan your card, the cashier will inform you..is that correct? I didn't even buy any huggies or jaimeson, or any nivea, but I did buy chocolate bars. I bought them seperately 4 per transaction, and once 8 in one transaction, and I just want to be cautious...cuz at this point, I don't trust Shopper's.
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

The day before mega or literally right before I start getting my purchases, I'm definitely buying something to make sure my acct is NOT frozen. I read that is the only way you know it's frozen, is if you try and buy something and scan your card, the cashier will inform you..is that correct? I didn't even buy any huggies or jaimeson, or any nivea, but I did buy chocolate bars. I bought them seperately 4 per transaction, and once 8 in one transaction, and I just want to be cautious...cuz at this point, I don't trust Shopper's.
    I'm doing the exact same thing..great idea...I too only participated in the chocolate promo and I purchased quite a few for Halloween, I don't trust them either....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Debragirl, may I ask how many tubs of wipes you purchased? What did they consider 'not normal household use'? Sorry if the answer to this is buried elsewhere in the thread. I Try to stay under the radar but would like to know how low one needs to fly.
    I won't worry about my 6 tubs.....it would appear I have plenty of airspace above me!
    Sunraven, MillieH and sharkie like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information