User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I went to SDM this morning to buy some things and went to pay and use my opitmum card and they told me it was suspended...I asked why and the cashier said I have to talk to head office....so they called head office for me while I was in the store....they said it was because the other day i bought 17 nivea soft soap and used coupons, which maid them free...I got the bonus points of 150 for each one...Now keep in mind that I never got in on the cadbury deal or the huggies wipe deal...That being said head office told me that getting bonus points for free items is abuse of my card....for 17 nivea...they did reinstate my card but told me that they will not allow that anymore....I was so angry and I could not believe it....I am at the point where I do not even want to shop there anymore.....
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    anisa, hcao, leymi15 and 7 others like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

not good at all
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They get paid for the coupons, what is the issue
    I could see them saying volume is an issue, but they allow coupons for a reason
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

OMG I bought 3!!!! I am going to see if my card is ok!!!!
    sharkie likes this.
    RRRRRLF - FPC's for Schneiders/FPC for Prime Turkey/$4 Easy ups from Pampers portal/ $2 Lacoupe/$5 Arctic Gardens/FPC Huggies&Pampers wipes/FPC Barilla/FPC Milk ~ Mean People Suck!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I went to SDM this morning to buy some things and went to pay and use my opitmum card and they told me it was suspended...I asked why and the cashier said I have to talk to head office....so they called head office for me while I was in the store....they said it was because the other day i bought 17 nivea soft soap and used coupons, which maid them free...I got the bonus points of 150 for each one...Now keep in mind that I never got in on the cadbury deal or the huggies wipe deal...That being said head office told me that getting bonus points for free items is abuse of my card....for 17 nivea...they did reinstate my card but told me that they will not allow that anymore....I was so angry and I could not believe it....I am at the point where I do not even want to shop there anymore.....
    Nivea will reimburse Shoppers Drug Mart the money so they aren't free.
    coley3, bgheuchert and sharkie like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well welcome back sharkie!!!

I have not seen your posts for some time! Too bad the one I see is a typical SDM fast one they like to pull.
    Like I posted many times, I was done with their silliness almost a year ago, right after they stole the points from sc members at Christmas ( at Mega Redeem time)

Time to look around for a better rewards plan I'd say. Good luck!!

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

uhmmm? 2550 BP's ? Really? And they get reimbursed for the coupons ....

This is a new policy to me - "no BP's when you use coupons that make the item free"

guess I better re-read the TOS. Although I'm almost certain re-reading won't help because it isn't in there ..............

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Their coupon policy specifically states you can use a coupon with a bonus point coupon - perhaps they should read it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

This really sucks. The unfortunate thing is that SDM both has the right to govern use of manufacturer coupons and to govern any points we earn in their program. While they absolutely will get the money back, it seems that stores/cashiers falsely define items that are free with coupons as free without payment.

It seems like lately they are really cracking down. It scares me that they are both targeting individuals AND creating organization-wide policies after they've realized, "Oops, we should have limited this promo in the first place".
    Silk, hcao, carlyincanada and 5 others like this.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

What!!?? Awww man... has SDM always enjoyed upsetting their good customers or is this a new thing they decided to start doing?
    hcao, sharkie and sam786 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavenRaven View Post
    What!!?? Awww man... has SDM always enjoyed upsetting their good customers or is this a new thing they decided to start doing?
    Not new, just a different glitch they will impose upon all of you who still want to shop there and get awesome " free " stuff. It is clear they do not want YOUR business, only customers who want to pay their inflated prices over and over again. They also know that by not having your business they are not really losing a ton of profits right? So they will weed you out, one at a time. Just my opinion.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

They're insane. I could see if maybe they were OOP, but they're not. They get the full $3 back, and a handling fee, as others have stated, and 150 points is what, $0.33 on a bonus day (not the mega-redemption)?

So by that logic, they're losing a faithful customer, who lets them snoop around in her purchasing habits for marketing purposes (and don't forget, folks, the information they glean from the Optimum program is put to very good use and represents an exceptional ROI for them in terms of targeting their customers - it's not altruistic on their part!!) over $5.61.

They really, REALLY need to think over their cost of customer acquisition. And they should ALSO think about the hue and cry that will be raised with RBC, which is in the process of strongly linking its brand with SDM's.

This is unbelievably stupid of them.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow i can't believe this one,,,, return the nivea and make them pay you cash back,,,thats what i would do, then just open another optimum card if you think they are tracking yrs...i dont like this on sdm part....i tried the nivea coupon they refused it ,,i just went to walmart

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Gosh isn't that silly. Just stop allowing coupons and we won't go there. The policies are there for a reason. I guess you should not have bought all soaps in one transaction but still it's not like you bought 70. I am starting to loose faith on SDM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

That is just stupid.
    I'm sure A LOT of people bought nivea soap this weekend.
    I went with the intentions of getting some before I even knew there was an extra 150 bonus points.
    I just wanted to knock my oop down for the 20x the points.
    And my mom needs soap so it was perfect timing.

I'd say I shop there 50% less then I did last year.
    After all the xmas crap & they have slowly been raising their prices on milk, eggs, bread.
    If I lost all my points over this I'd be done with sdm.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information