User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Flu & Pneumonia Shots, are you getting one?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i lied when a collegue asked if i got my flu shot

does this make me a bad person?

what business is it of theirs anyway....
    TaraF and Patty Smyth like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
    TaraF and Patty Smyth like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't get unneeded vaccinations. I hate when people push them on others, too.

People get flu's with or without the shot, so WHY get the shot? Plus, all the flu is, is a small dose of the germs that cause the flu, you get sick, then you're 'cleared' for the rest of the season, or so they say. Eh, i'll take my chances.
    (It's almost as silly as the chicken pox vaccine)
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Chicken pox vaccine is not silly. There are many valid medical reasons to get it. I had the chicken pox as a child so now I have a higher risk of getting shingles when I'm older. When the kids were getting all their vaccines DH recalled that he never had chicken pox. The doctor did a blood test and sure enough, he had never been exposed. He needed the chicken pox vaccine because if he caught it as an adult, it can be very serious and can include leisons in the brain and other internal places.

DH and I both got the flu shot. DH works in a hospital and I get it so as to try to keep me healthy. I"ve had serious health issues the past couple years and anything that could help, I"m all for trying it. The kids got a flu shot last year. I went to get them booked this year, but they both had colds so couldn't get it yet. Younger DS has asthma and his pediatrician recommends it for him. Other DS doesn't have any medical issues, but it helps keep him healthy.

I didn't used to get the flu shots or get it for the kids. However, their pediatrician also works in the children's hospital and he says that it is so easy to help prevent serious side effects and that he sees at least one child die each year from flu complications. He always says its our choice, but why take the risk? I agree with him.
    Natalka, TaraF, lecale and 1 others like this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    I worked in the health care field so it was expected we get one. I didn't get one this year so far. I missed out on the free flu clinics. My doctors office charges around $30.00 for a flu shot so I may find a cheaper place.

I had the flu several years ago. I don't recall if I had the flu shot then. I felt like I was walloped by a brick wall.
    I don't know where you are in Canada but I didn't think Drs offices could charge for the Flu Shot.

I'm still fighting with my Dr on the issue haha I see my Oncologist again in a month and if I haven't had it by that time (and I won't) I'm sure to get another lecture. Meh. I see why people get it and i see why they don't. The only time I really got the flu shot was when I was younger and forced to get it by my Mother lol I think the last time I had a flu shot was when I was 16 and volunteering at a Seniors Home, I had to get alot of different shots at that time but that's because it wasn't simply my health I was putting at risk it was the health of others.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    sadly there are some children who don't get vaccinated due to under-laying health problems which are then put at risk because some-one else won't get thier childen innoculated due to lack of under-standing of the whole issue of vaccinations.

So to all those parents who think it's appropriate to infect my kids....your lack of understanding makes it possinble that you can be responsible for killing my children...
    What excatly is it that you think people dont "understand" about vaccines?
    TaraF and CanadianBella like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If your kid is vaccinated, then they shouldn't 'die' from being infected, eh?
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flu shots are necessary to prevent from flu but If the viruses in the vaccine and the influenza viruses circulating in the community are closely matched, vaccine effectiveness is higher.

More information related flu shot :
    http://robbinhanks.tumblr.com/post/3...sonal-flu-shot

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flu vaccination is necessary,it reduce chances of getting flu.
    And for small kids its really necessary to get vaccinated because their immunity power is low so chances are high of getting infected.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flu vaccines are prepared annually in anticipation of that year's virus strain.
    Influenza can make pneumonia infection more likely. The vaccine is given to susceptible people.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flu shot needed every year because of new viruses coming in each season of flu.

Following blog will explain about flu seasons:

http://fluinformation.tumblr.com/pos...ng-be-prepared

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flu vaccines are designed to protect against three flu viruses that experts predict will be the most common during the upcoming season. Each year, one flu virus of each kind is used to produce the seasonal flu vaccine.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing such useful information samualblack.
    Two most important things that you can do for yourself or your family members when they get the flu is to relax and drink plenty of clear fluids.
    Following blog will explain home remedies to treat flu symptoms.

http://fluinformation.tumblr.com/pos...mptoms-at-home

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Ok so I saw this and wanted to say that I have never been much for getting the shot because I don't get sick. But presently, my mom and I have been sick with a severe strain of the flu for about a month now and my mom had it worse and almost had to go to the ER on two seperate occasions. She has an inhaler too because she got it that bad. For me, being sick for a month and feeling so horrible for so long and watching my mom be so sick has led me to consider getting it to possibly prevent this happening again. we have spent the last month feeling like we have been "run over by a truck" and having so little energy and being sick and all the trips to the bathroom etc etc... it has been horrible. I have never been sick for so long in my life. the first week our temps were 102 and hers went past 103 on one night (very scary) and then since it has been around 100. our temps are finally returning to normal. I do not know what the heck it was but the doctor said it is a really bad flu. I am finally starting to get some energy that I feel like doing something instead of sleep.

so yes I will get the flu shot next year and cross my fingers I don't get this again. I don't care about what anyone else decides but don't judge me and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Christmas was interesting as well. I don't think it has ever taken so much effort to set up a tree. it took like 3 days to get it set up. lol all we had was a tree this year. we joked we are grinches this year but really being sick is very draining.
    TaraF likes this.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flu Shot is the best option to overcome on it. but if you hate vaccination, then you should try Home Remedies once. If your flu get cured with that than there is no need to go to the Doctor.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information