User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: My Employer Took the Credit!?!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Hey All!

As many of you know, I am sitting at home healing from a recent foot surgery.

There is a lady at one of the jobs I work at that was retiring today. As the company I work for is not reknowned for its employee recognition, I decided that I was going to have a flower sent to the workplace, as I could not get there myself. I told her son via facebook that I was going to have this orchid sent, and to make sure that it was given to her (I do not trust people there to deliver that to her, sad I know)

What happened totally disgusted me. I had a small card written in the flower stating that it was from myself and to have a good retirement. I heard from this lady's son that the company removed the card and said that it was from the company. I was totally floored and upset. So, because I was not there, and unable to defend that it was from me management decided to take the credit for a good deed that I did?

I will not stand for this, and I will make sure that everyone knows that it was ME who gave it to her and that that particular manager is a disgusting lowlife.

I plan on going in there on my crutches and asking him exactly where is morals are.

Soo mad,

Amanda S.
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Holy crap! That is gross. Make some noise. I am so tired of this kind of stuff
    hollyquaiscer and sharkie like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Do you want to go back to this job after asking a manager that?

It is disgusting that they would do that, but if they are known for being cheap/no employee recognition and her son knows its from you and would tell her - I am guessing the manager will put himself before you also
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Fri, Oct 26th, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
    filza, hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I will go back to the job after asking them that. I do not care. There is no reason to do that to an employee. I am just glad that the lady knew it was from me. That manager needs to be put in his place, big time.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's just sad
    He must be dead inside, there is no other explanation for this kind of behaviour.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lessthannat View Post
    That's just sad
    He must be dead inside, there is no other explanation for this kind of behaviour.
    or just selfishly cheap

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaPantz View Post
    I will go back to the job after asking them that. I do not care. There is no reason to do that to an employee. I am just glad that the lady knew it was from me. That manager needs to be put in his place, big time.
    That was a really nice gift, especially when you are recovering at home. It was nice that you made the extra effort. The woman knows it was you. Her son knows it was you. The manager knows it was you.

Worse has happened to me -- manager stole my ideas as their own, and told top level management that it was their idea.

In the end, it will all work out. Let the woman who is retiring tell everyone it was you. Don't bother with that manager. Not worth it, IMO.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I agree Shwa Girl. It really isn't worth it to say anything. If the son and lady know, then I would keep my mouth shut. It will end up making you look bad, instead of making the employer look bad. I totally agree with your anger, but as long as the proper people know who it's from then that's all that matters.
    abbasgirl and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know, I think I would approach the manager too. It's all about how you approach him though. If it were me I would probably, in a kind way, mention that I found out the card was changed and then ask why.
    ....then ask for the company's share of the cost.
    matrix82 and GoddessDigi like this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaRYoung View Post
    I agree Shwa Girl. It really isn't worth it to say anything. If the son and lady know, then I would keep my mouth shut. It will end up making you look bad, instead of making the employer look bad. I totally agree with your anger, but as long as the proper people know who it's from then that's all that matters.
    Yup. This seems to be a manager capable of doing other low class acts. OP's nice gesture is already showing she is a better class of employee/worker.

Karma will get this manager. Guaranteed.
    abbasgirl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I bet this manager already does a bunch of low class stuff so saying something to him in private probably won't put OP in too much jeopardy since he's probably evil inside anyway. OP is this a job you want to keep? Or are you looking for a replacement? Sounds like a poisonous place. I used to have a boss like that and everything got so much better once I left. I stopped crying in the work bathroom every day. *shudder*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yup. This seems to be a manager capable of doing other low class acts. OP's nice gesture is already showing she is a better class of employee/worker.

Karma will get this manager. Guaranteed.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

If the company paid for the orchid then they would want the 'credit 'for sending it.....if you paid for it, then submit the receipt for reimbursement. If the cost came out of your pocket.... then they owe you the money -- plain and simple.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: grammar
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with the previous posted. Take your receipt to HR And request they reimburse you for the cost since the manager took your card and claimed they were from the company. What a d!ck.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Oooh... I wouldn't confront the manager, but keep in mind that you can gossip about it when you get back! ;-)

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I agree with bringing in the receipt. if they want the credit they have to pay for it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information