User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Need to buy a new microwave tomorrow!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I absolutely didn't mean to say Danby isn't good, it's great and they last a long time and we'll likely be going back to it once this one dies.

Just by comparison, this panasonic one heats things in half the time, and evenly. That was something our previous microwave had issues with, but I can handle that. Still a great one, they do last, and I have nothing against the brand.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I absolutely didn't mean to say Danby isn't good, it's great and they last a long time and we'll likely be going back to it once this one dies.

Just by comparison, this panasonic one heats things in half the time, and evenly. That was something our previous microwave had issues with, but I can handle that. Still a great one, they do last, and I have nothing against the brand.
    Yeah I think my Panasonic heated more evenly as well. It had some neat features too. I was sad when it stopped working and couldn't afford another higher priced microwave, opting for a cheaper one thinking I would get a better model in a couple years, but this Danby works fine so there is no real reason to.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We have a Sunbeam right now - it's awesome! We got it free, second-hand - but like-new condition, from some people who were combining households.

It's 1.1 cu ft, and 1000w (the specs I like best for size and power). Heats evenly and is pretty powerful.

This is it, but ours is black - great price for it! There is also a smaller one for $60.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...5012b20853en02

Had I a choice, I'd go with a Kenmore again - they are amazing! Our first one lasted 17 years!

We have had an RCA (lemon!), and then a Panasonic, which we didn't like at all.

Check Future Shop, Canadian Tire, Sears.
    matrix82 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

$249.00 Sears Microwave convection combo Item #: 223 686 116 10. The best out there I bought this in the spring and save on turning oven for chicken strips or 12" pizza. I can use convection and bake like a normal oven. Call Sears; I picked up mine for $199.00

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sunbeam !!!! wow I remember when they made cars .........lol
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    We have a Sunbeam right now - it's awesome! We got it free, second-hand - but like-new condition, from some people who were combining households.

It's 1.1 cu ft, and 1000w (the specs I like best for size and power). Heats evenly and is pretty powerful.

This is it, but ours is black - great price for it! There is also a smaller one for $60.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...5012b20853en02

Had I a choice, I'd go with a Kenmore again - they are amazing! Our first one lasted 17 years!

We have had an RCA (lemon!), and then a Panasonic, which we didn't like at all.

Check Future Shop, Canadian Tire, Sears.

17 years????? Wooowwww. But, sadly, I highly doubt that companies make long-lasting products anymore lol. They're made to break so that consumers can spend money getting new ones Thank you for the advice though!
    Natalka likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I know, nat - those days are over!

It helps, too, that I have a handy husband - when the nuker first died, he looked at it and found that it was just a fuse which needed replacing, and it went for two more years before it was totally kaput.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    It helps, too, that I have a handy husband - when the nuker first died, he looked at it and found that it was just a fuse which needed replacing, and it went for two more years before it was totally kaput.

Oh I wish my boyfriend knew what he was doing...I would take it to my mom's bf but then that would make my bf look really bad. What a dilemma lol...
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Try Brault et Martineau liquidisation centres. Shop models so small dents and the like but cheaper than boxed models.
    tina5559 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information