Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sweetproserpina
  • 1 Post By nicolthepickle
  • 1 Post By KrazE

Thread: Netflix??

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My husband's birthday is coming up and as usual he's tough to buy for. Have noticed that every time we go to our friends house he asks to watch Netflix because it has Top Gear and he loves that show. So I've been thinking maybe I'd get him a year of Netflix. Just wondering if anyone else has it and if they like it?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

We had Netflix for awhile and didn't like it very much at all. It's a bandwidth hog, and in cases where the internet was misbehaving (neighbours around us changing wireless channels and landing on whatever channel we switched to) there would be even more issues; it just wasn't worth it anymore.

In addition, the amount of movies that were available that any of us cared to watch were pretty slim, and we might watch 2 or 3 in a month if that, so we got rid of it after 6 months I think it was.

Just checked historical data from back then - and just one movie would use 17 to 20 gigs of our allowable data at a time.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

my husband got a free 1 month trial and it expires on the 3rd and we won't be renewing. i find that there isn't enough on it for us to really enjoy but there are tons of kids shows and movies so thats a plus. there are lots of popular HBO and AMC tv shows but if you're not into dexter, walking dead etc then there's not much but that's just us.

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

If he really loves topgear, check out the bbc canada website- they have lots of cool topgear stuff available for sale. Last Christmas I got my DH the shirt that says "I am the Stig" it's awesome. There's also one that says "I am not the Stig" .. lol! You can also buy seasons of the show as well..
    jaybird likes this.
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We had a trial period for Netflix, and got so accustomed to using it, that we are now paying for it. If your husband requests to watch it, then there's definitely something that catches his interest. We enjoy quite a few movies on it, the classics included, tv shows we missed (we watched the entire Miss Marple series because we love a good mystery...Poirot...).
    If HE enjoys it, then that's a pretty good hint that it's something HE enjoys, regardless of what our tastes are...each to their own, but he's the one who'll be enjoying his gift..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's about the cost of renting two Dvd's per month. For us it has been totally worth it, and we love Top Gear. I would say go for it. You can always cancel after a bit. And when you sign up you can almost always find a freebie for signing up. For the people who are having problems with it taking up too much bandwith. You can turn the quality down.
    anisa likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    It's about the cost of renting two Dvd's per month. For us it has been totally worth it, and we love Top Gear. I would say go for it. You can always cancel after a bit. And when you sign up you can almost always find a freebie for signing up. For the people who are having problems with it taking up too much bandwith. You can turn the quality down.
    I suppose for some that might be an idea, but in our case, we didn't spend the $$ on a high end flat panel 55 inch HDTV to watch anything in low quality
    nicolthepickle likes this.

Thread Information