User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: Jamieson Flu Shield 9.99$ plus 9000 bonus points!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Where are these kept in the store, I was looking last night but couldn't find them. Thought they would be with the cold fx.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponCrazy30 View Post
    Where are these kept in the store, I was looking last night but couldn't find them. Thought they would be with the cold fx.
    In my store they are with the Jameson vitamins.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

i looked today too and couldn't find them
    torontogal12 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thanks found them!

Quote Originally Posted by pattiprops View Post
    In my store they are with the Jameson vitamins.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Hide them in a corner :grin: or behind something ..and then pick them up later on that day..he he he.

I can totally see people doing exactly that. I don't imagine that any SDM is going to have very many of these in stock.
    uanoor and mydusty like this.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by st_claire View Post
    The flu shot has been shown to be quite effective. A review of studies from 1967 to 2012 concluded that standard injectable influenza vaccines containing three strains protect healthy adults aged 18 to 64 at a rate of about 59 per cent.
    Other tests also showed that the people who had the flu shot were more likely to get the H1N1. Needless to say I will take my chances without any shot.

If you are allergic to ragweed echinacia is in the same family.

http://www.healthcentral.com/allergy...lergy-syndrome
    Last edited by kerrylj; Wed, Oct 31st, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    if the main ingredient is echinacea, then i am not so sure about the product. echinacea has never been solidly proven to treat colds. it is not preventative, when it is used, it is used to treat a cold you already have. even then there isn't enough research that it is effective.

it might be nice to try, to see if it helps, but i wouldn't run out buying 10 boxes of it
    Quote Originally Posted by st_claire View Post
    Anisa is right. It works no better than placebo. The points will make you money to buy things that do work though
    Quote Originally Posted by kris32 View Post
    i'd love the points but quite honestly not so sure if i believe/trust all these kinds of pills out there. Don't think the flu shot does much either but then again shouldn't matter to the gov't cuz i'm not going to the doctor over a pety little flu or cold unless it is severe and i'm like vomiting up blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenglen View Post
    I don't think these pills work at all,I do think Shoppers are offering points then taking them away is a form of fraud on their part,Zellers had to pay a huge fine a few years back as they would offer tvs/bikes whatever at almost free prices then have none in the store except maybe one,this reminds me of that,it is in no way illegal to take the store up on an offer,if shoppers had decent prices they wouldn't have to do these offers!
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiesaver View Post
    ^ Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical about this kind of stuff as well but I'm thinking it might make good stocking stuffers - especially if you have college kids going back to school. You could make them a "care" kit and get back the money essentially from the points you earned!
    I swear by the echinacea tincture (liquid/drops - I use the one from Vogel) and have been using it for years. But it has to be taken at the first sign of a cold or flu and the tincture has to be taken in a very specific way - 20-30 drops in water, then you sip it, making sure it gets mixed in with your saliva before you swallow each sip.

Some years ago I started getting the flu 2 days before an important event. I had a temp of almost 103F. I took mega-doses of the echinacea tincture every 25-30 minutes for several hours (recommended dose is 3 - 5 times a day). I didn’t take anything else. Within 3 hours my temp had fallen to 99F and I felt almost back to my usual self. I continued taking it for the next day and a half until the big event. I watched a tape of the event months later and you would never know that 2 days earlier I had such a high fever and felt so sick. I did end up coming down with the full flu after I stopped the echinacea - not sure what to make of that. I have many other positive experiences with the echinacea tincture so I always keep a bottle handy

The studies I’ve seen – and I’m not familiar with all of them – used pills/capsules, which I have tried and would agree are not effective.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Oct 31st, 2012 at 05:42 AM.
    Thumpersmom and Anna Michele like this.
    Have a great life!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    Other tests also showed that the people who had the flu shot were more likely to get the H1N1. Needless to say I will take my chances without any shot.
    But there was a h1n1 vaccine also. If you got both you were well protected.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Bump

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

last time I got the flu was right after I got my final flu shot ever, about 8 years ago. i'll pick this up though.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

My dad got the flu shot and was sick as a dog -- but back to the deal...AWESOME!!! I'll be on the look out for these for sure! I usually always have a couple boxes of Cold FX, so we'll see how good these are in comparison!
    uanoor likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    last time I got the flu was right after I got my final flu shot ever, about 8 years ago. i'll pick this up though.
    Same here, and I haven't and won't get one again.
    uanoor and anastasia1009 like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Same here, we got flue shots last year, whole family has flue on and off whole winter as before, and my kids were like: look you forced us to take needles without any reason. This year when I tried to talk about flue shots, they said, remember what happened last year.......

Quote Originally Posted by happy_me24 View Post
    My dad got the flu shot and was sick as a dog -- but back to the deal...AWESOME!!! I'll be on the look out for these for sure! I usually always have a couple boxes of Cold FX, so we'll see how good these are in comparison!
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

[QUOTE=kerrylj;5055382]Other tests also showed that the people who had the flu shot were more likely to get the H1N1. Needless to say I will take my chances without any shot./QUOTE]
    Where is this information from?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Same here, and I haven't and won't get one again.
    same here I was so sick for weeks and then my allergist told me if you are allergic to eggs which I am never take the shot.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information