User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Hhhheeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp! i don't know what to buy to mom for Christmas ?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

this time , i really don't know what to get her for Christmas .....so, i thought about asking the best creative group of people i know ....yes, you guys always come up with the greatest ideas....

last year was a set of her fav ( Marcelle) skin care products , once a gift basket made by me, another time was a pack of Yves Rocher body products ....

so far, i have one of her fav chocolate box.....any other ideas ?

thank you so much for your help
    This thread is currently associated with: Yves Rocher
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, Dec 4th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

How old is she? Is she stylish? Does she like to read?
    The book The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery is a lovely read for anyone.
    Tickets to a Christmas concert.
    YOU AND ME likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

she is 83.....
    thank's for the book suggestion....she is a big reader.....she litterally 'eats' books....i think that's is something i'll go for

thank'S again
    Natalka, YOU AND ME and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My mom is 64 and our last set of family pictures is about 5 yrs old. It drives the grand kids crazy as ther are all so young in them. So I bought a sitting with a professional photographer and we will do pictures of the whole family. She loved it last time. I am framing the old picture of just the grand kids and photoshopping current headshots onto them.
    For my 80 yr old mil I bought a very expensive face cram that she loves and would never buy, of course I used my SDM points for it.
    Shopping for the dads is another story.
    YOU AND ME likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

my step mom is in her 60's and she is an avid reader as well...I got her an e reader with my SDM points last weekend...I hope she likes it

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What's your price range? What about Christmas ornaments for her tree. You can get gift cards for pretty much anything these days, even for lottery tickets.
    YOU AND ME and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm a Mum and over 50.

I love getting chocolate, giftcards for Chapters, Purdy's or even a voucher for a cut and colour at my hairdressers.

I don't like getting household gadgets unless I've dropped big hints like "oh, I'd really love a breadmaker". Hopefully somebody heard me!

I love getting my favourite perfume/body lotion.

Please don't give me any Olay/Jergen giftsets.

I'd rather have a certificate to redeem for snow shovelling on the driveway, a promise to go out for coffee/dim sum with you at a mutually convenient date.

Doesn't have to cost much, just give me your time.
    YOU AND ME likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    What's your price range? What about Christmas ornaments for her tree. You can get gift cards for pretty much anything these days, even for lottery tickets.
    Gift cards are a good idea. If she loves to read, a gift card from Chapters would work well.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My mom is an interesting gal. She likes cash money. She loves to brag to me in July, that she got a steal of a deal for free -- using her "Christmas" money.
    smileyKT likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I have a horrible time purchasing gifts for my MIL and FIL. They are very religious (dress like Amish). They do have electricity in their homes, but don't drink, don't participate in any sort of entertainment (no tv, no movies, no radio), don't wear anything but 'plain clothes', and will not go to restaurants that have a prominent bar or play loud music.

I have given them photos, chocolates, scrapbooks, plants, kitchenware, and tools. This year I thought I would give them tourist type items from the area. If your parents live near you, they will probably already be aware of the 'tourist' type things. I have found that many people don't tend to actually visit the tourist areas near them. Sometimes it can be fun to be a tourist in your own town and buy typical Canadian items. Since I recently moved closer to the ocean, and none of my family lives close by, I intend to give tourist items from this area.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

My mom will be 80 in January, my siblings and I are buying my mom a trip to Halifax to visit my brother. There are 4 of us, so it is about $100.00 each. My brother is also happy to have here for a couple of weeks.
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

it is hard what to get your mom as they age my mom is 91-i bought her nice blouse from sears -new underwear-yes she needs some-gift set -she likes body butters -anykind-but i will also give her half money -to pay for her hair ,puzzles whatever-p.s i am reading a great book that is inspirational-excellent book i am half way thru and cant put it down and i am in my 50's-" the unlikely pilgrimage of harold fry" i am sure she will love it-p.s anything my kids get me i love -giftcards ,perfume ,clothing etc
    pippinelkhound and YOU AND ME like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

How about a gift certifcate for a pedicure or manicure? Or maybe a gift certificate to her favourite hair salon along with the appointment already booked for her?

Good luck!
    YOU AND ME likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would get her anything that will allow her to do things for herself and feel good about herself. Beauty products, chocolates, books, gift cards for dinner out, wine, etc. It is the thought that counts~!
    pippinelkhound and YOU AND ME like this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I am getting my mom a new purse this year, I know that she wants one but won't buy herself one because her old one is still "fine" so I am going to treat her to a new one!
    gourmetsue and YOU AND ME like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information