User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Don't Touch My FOOD!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That was so rude of them, wow. (You could have just washed the apple, lol. You can't wash a sandwich.)
    MillieH likes this.
    Jonesy

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

lol i could have but i am one of those people that when I see something like that it's over for me lol.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I can't blame you for throwing out the apple. I would have done the same thing in a similar situation.

Coughing into our hands was something we were nagged to do when I was a kid....but that was because teachers and mothers didn't want you coughing and NOT covering your mouth. I suppose coughing into your hands was thought to be more ideal than recklessly spewing your slobber and snot into the air.

That being said, I now prefer coughing into my shirt sleeve round about the elbow to avoid spreading the germs. But my DH won't do that. He's been nursing a cold these past few weeks and the other day he was driving my car and I watched him coughing all over his hands then put those hands on the stick shift and then on the steering wheel and I was thinking, "ugh. so fricken gross!" I didn't want to be a nag (lol. cuz I'm known to be a nag when he drives my car) so I shut my mouth and didn't say anything at the time...but I ain't gonna lie. When he wasn't looking I hosed everything down in hand sanitizer.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm quite sure that the co-worker really wasn't thinking about being sick when they picked up your apple. Having said that, I'm not sure where people are taught that it's alright to put your hands on or in someone else's food. It's to b ad you wasted the apple by throughing it out, perhaps the co-worker her admired it so lovingly would have eaten it.

I strongly feel that if you're sick, STAY HOME. I understand that this is not always possible, but germs are in the air, just this person walking by you and coughing (whether it be into the hands, shirt or whatever) will send germs into the air. I think it's a good idea to keep any food, snack, any items you put into your mouth, in a desk drawer, away from germs of others and take them out when you're ready to eat them.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    That was so rude of them, wow. (You could have just washed the apple, lol. You can't wash a sandwich.)
    ditto........

your apple was probably handled by about 5-10 people from orchard to store....plus anyone else who fondled it at the supermarket
    it was probably coughed on or sneezed on at least once......

always good to wash fruit before consuming.....(believe it or not, I don't always remember myself)....but if you work/live/breathe in the public domain.....you're exposed to lots of whatever's going around......I work in a building with 1600 people coming & going.....just caught a cold...but managed to nip it in the bud with lots of Vit. C & homemade chicken soup.!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Ugh, people are inconsiderate. It's goodyou let the person knowhow you felt about. I think they'll know better from now on!
    saveadollardiva likes this.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Oh I feel your pain !! .. I detest people putting their hands, forks, spoons or any other type of thing into my food/plate while I'm eating or about to eat .. it gross me out soo bad .. the only people I have been "able" to let them is my daughter and husband and BEALIVE me it has take A LOT of work lol ...well we still working on it .. but hey I'm trying !

I'm glad you told your co-worker off .. they need to use comun sense !!
    Happy Shopping !!

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hide my food when i eat....i literally place a napkin on top of whatever i'm eating so no one sees what i'm eating.

Try and hide your food in your bag and stop throwing food out!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can't imagine that! Some people have no social skills!
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For me I don't care if they are sick or not. NOBODY touches my food! lol

Pretty much everybody at work knows by now not to mess with my lunch. Everything on my plate is going to be ate... so don't even bother asking for a taste! It's pretty comical though considering I'm a 5ft nothing 100lb soaking wet female but yet all the guys know full well NOT to come between me and my food.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

It's rude but on the same token, you don't know what people do before touching apples at he grocery store! :O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information