User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: SDM ON Flyers Nov 10 - 16 -2012, Bonus Redemption and GC Promotion

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Man - did anyone have major issues with this promo? I went today and wanted to do 4 transactions - I think that is half reasonable. First she messed up my four piles, then she asked for my license, then she took my American Express card out back for 10 minutes , then called American Express and I had to verify who I was. I am at that store all the time, and my Id matched the card. Then the first one she wouldn't scan my card, and after she went back into the recipt and said she scanned the card but I am pretty sure she didn't - I'm saving the recipts and i will have to go back when the points are not issued I guess. I was made feel like a criminal!
    Ours won't let you buy more than $50 in GCs on a credit card but that's a year round policy, not just for this promo.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    I don't get the reasoning behind using credit to do it though unless you can pay the card back immediately.
    My wife and I do everything via Credit Card that we possibly can. She brings me the receipts, and I have it paid off immediately from the appropriate account (we have accounts earmarked for virtually all expenses with ING).

By doing with Credit Card, I accumulate Air Miles, and she accumulates Scene Points. We never pay interest, and as a result get rewards for vacations (from my card) or date nights (from hers).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I bought 3 gc today totalling 150 and the points were not added on the receipt. Are they added at a later date? Couldn't find the information in the flyer.....or her yet. Thanks.
    Earn $50 a month with swagbucks

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shellylynn31

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shellylynn39 View Post
    I bought 3 gc today totalling 150 and the points were not added on the receipt. Are they added at a later date? Couldn't find the information in the flyer.....or her yet. Thanks.
    I did 2 transaction today and same thing. Per their website, they will be added on November 23rd.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Did my 2 transactions today. I wish they had grocery and Shell gas station but then again, I probably would have gone nuts if that was the case! Hopefully there will be no issues and we'll all get our points on the 23rd.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can tell from your receipt if your card was scanned or not even if no points are issued today - it will have a little section showing part of your optimum number and your points balance.

If that doesn't show go back to the store now and get them to void the transaction and start again otherwise you will have the hassle of calling when the points don't show up Nov 23.

Buying 4 sets at a time will cause a problem. But it's not really fair to blame SDM for that - think about it - someone steals your wallet and they immediately want as much money as possible off your credit card so buy gift cards (for later use) with it. So SDM is actually protecting someone who may have had their credit card stolen and minimizing the card owners credit card limit. Sorry you had the hassle but it's dishonest people who have forced these policies.

Last year I had my drivers license photocopied and my phone number given to go with it when I bought 2 sets of $150 GC's and at a store I regularly shop at. I understand their side of things and didn't have a problem with it. But never bought more than 1 set of $150 at a time there after that as the store manager said they had a limit of $200 for purchases of GC's. YOU aren't the criminal but they have to do their due diligence thanks to the criminals that are out there.
    barato likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sma75 View Post
    I did 2 Gift card promo purchases. Both multiples of Lowe's cards.

We are doing renos and are going to pick up our tiles at Lowe's tomorrow. The cost of the tiles is $269+tax. This was a "no brainer" for us. Our credit card balances are paid off at the end of each month. We only use credit cards for the purpose of collecting points and airmiles.

I also know better than to get tons of these gift card promos thus taking us over our average disposable income threshold. I had hoped that they would have grocery store GC, I would easily have been able to justify doing a couple more of the GC promos for on cards that will get used up in the next few weeks.

I think this is a brilliant promo, I just fear that SDM will alter the conditions on this deal...after the fact again.

To each his own I guess?
    This is the 3rd year of this promo (2 years ago it was only 5,000 points) so SDM has much experience with this promo....so I highly doubt they will make some changes that affects our points. Unlike the Cadbury fiasco.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did 2 sets of $150 and the cashier said, "I see you are getting around the gift card limit of $200" - my local SDM will call the credit card company for purchases over $200. I often buy $2K of SDM cards when I purchase my quarterly diabetic supplies - then walk over to the pharmacist area and make those purchases right away.

I told the cashier about the GC promo and he remembered.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but I wanted to share that my fav cashier (who is not always correct) thinks there may be a 20x event next weekend She also thinks they will have an electronics sale right before the mega redemption.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got my 2 sets of $150 today. Cashier didn't know about the promo as it was hidden in the middle of the flyer and i gladly pointed it out to her but only because she was cute

I hope the next 20x point event isn't too far away as i already know what i need to get, sale or no sale
    Join me in earning with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AForceNinja

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

can SDM void a gift card transaction? bought 450 sdm gc in one transaction, and they said gift card is not refundable, is there anything I can do about that?

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

can SDM void a gift card transaction? bought 450 sdm gc in one transaction, and they said gift card is not refundable, is there anything I can do about that?
    Your best option might be to wait until the points go on and then try calling HO and pleading your case. Once the gift card is paid for and activated you're stuck with it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gobo View Post
    Yeah trying calling head office Monday and maybe ask the store manager to manually add the bonus points for you.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

does a cashier have to scan your optimum card in order for the points to be added later? If so i had one transaction that my points card wasn't scanned. Could i have the cashier add them on manually (which she offered) or can i call head office (either or)? thanks

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    does a cashier have to scan your optimum card in order for the points to be added later? If so i had one transaction that my points card wasn't scanned. Could i have the cashier add them on manually (which she offered) or can i call head office (either or)? thanks
    If the card was not scanned they would have no way to know you did this transaction, so the points won't come, we had one transaction like this, and the manger gave us the manual 8,000 points, as the transaction cannot be backed out either after the gift cards have been activated
    littlebean likes this.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information