User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Gc for them and bonus points for you Nov. 10 to Nov. 16, 2012

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrskoka View Post
    DianeS - do what you feel is right for you but I'm buying with my SDM MC the same as last year and have complete faith I will get the 8000BP as well as the cc points. They want you using your SDM MC as much as possible right? If you are reacting to FB response I think that is a person who doesn't quite understand the program and taking the "can't combine promos" to the max. If I don't get the points I am prepared to fight as far up as necessary. But honestly I don't think there will be a problem.
    Totally agree. I did 2 x 150 transactions using my SDM MC, I'm 101% sure I will get my points, same as last year
    uanoor, Silk, hcao and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

just wanted to let you know that I did 3 sep transactions ,, no one in the store knew anything about it , there are a couple of gc like petro 50 dollars which gives you a bonus 5 cents off a litre card and the 50 swiss chalet gc for 50 gives you free kids meal
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I couldn't convince hubby into spending 150 $ that we didn't have ,

then I was pulling into the gas station and veered out of a guys way (who was half in a parking spot with a ten foot ladder hanging out the back) and hopped a curb now i had to cry tohubby to come a fix me up with a dummytire good thing he wasn't working (but that just means we have less money)

lng story short $300 buck for 2 new tires great now i can do the g/c promo

I planned o n buying 4x$75 prepaid visa and getting 8000 points for each trasaction 10 $ each so $20 when redeemed

i picked up the cards and the fee off 5.50 to activate each would have cost me $22 more than I owuld have earned so I opted out and paid debit

boo on visa g/c fees
    ssbean likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

hmm this may be a good promo if any gift cards offer points for Saturday... i am too cheap still though, christmas is killing me already,lol.
    ssbean and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I only could fathom spending $900 on 6 transactions. Even still it kills me to think about it. I got them all in SDM GC's and once my points are awarded I will then use them to buy other various GC's. I would love to do more GC's because DH shops at Homedepot, drinks at Tims, and we both fill up on gas every single month but money is tight and I'd rather have it in my bank account then on a plastic card. Because gosh forbid anything very serious happen and we need actual money for the vet, or vehicle repairs, etc etc. Knowing our luck it will be the vet, I guess thats what happens when you have 3 senior cats that all have medical issues as it is.

I had to use my debit as I was told up front no way was I allowed to use credit not even for one transaction. Kinda made me wonder since every other time I shop there I use credit to buy GC's but whatevs.
    lizamarie, ssbean and Anna Michele like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I only could fathom spending $900 on 6 transactions. Even still it kills me to think about it. I got them all in SDM GC's and once my points are awarded I will then use them to buy other various GC's. I would love to do more GC's because DH shops at Homedepot, drinks at Tims, and we both fill up on gas every single month but money is tight and I'd rather have it in my bank account then on a plastic card. Because gosh forbid anything very serious happen and we need actual money for the vet, or vehicle repairs, etc etc. Knowing our luck it will be the vet, I guess thats what happens when you have 3 senior cats that all have medical issues as it is.

I had to use my debit as I was told up front no way was I allowed to use credit not even for one transaction. Kinda made me wonder since every other time I shop there I use credit to buy GC's but whatevs.
    Which SDM is it?

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    anyone in Toronto see where the Apple App store gift cards are sold? Not the iTunes, but the App store. Can't seem to find them. Thanks! Downtown definitely preferred. Thanks!
    Aren't they the same thing? I've always loaded my account with itunes gift cards and shop at the apple app store.
    Search/Click and win free gift cards! I could really use a friend!!
    Search and Win on swagbucks.com
    Join Superpoints, it's back!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Donno? DH said I MUST get app store and not itunes.lol
    Quote Originally Posted by heycinderella View Post
    Aren't they the same thing? I've always loaded my account with itunes gift cards and shop at the apple app store.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Nov 13th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went in today to buy $150 in Shoppers GC's and the cashier told me they were not valid for the promo. I said no problem, I will get LCBO cards. She said nope - they aren't allowing you to buy liquor and get points either. Anyone else told this?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Why do they make up their own exclusions that aren't listed. I'd go to another store if I were you
    Quote Originally Posted by tink42 View Post
    I went in today to buy $150 in Shoppers GC's and the cashier told me they were not valid for the promo. I said no problem, I will get LCBO cards. She said nope - they aren't allowing you to buy liquor and get points either. Anyone else told this?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

I have done 2 x 150 in just shoppers and lcbo ! It has them both pictured on the sign for the promo in the stores. I would have taken it right up to the check out if I were you!!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (75%)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have bought all the gift cards I need to I need to use for the Christmas shopping. including the beer store and LCBO. We need some storage for the garage and planned to buy it at Home Depot so I bought 3 x 150.00 and will get the 24000 points for money I was spending anyway. On the weekend DH and I both did this promo at the same time, it was interesting to see the difference between a cashier who know the promo and one that did not. My sale was done in no time at for three sets of GC and his took like 15 minutes to do two sets. . I knew I had a smart cashier when she asked for my Optimim card at the beginnning of the transaction and I was not buying anything other than the give cards.
    queenkathy likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

After much consideration I've decided not to use a Optimum MC for my purchases I just have a bad feeling about SDM causing problems.
    Sign up today and receive a $10 credit every month for telus customers only! http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=8150b9164...988a5231796aae

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Tonight at the SDM at Eglinton Square (Toronto) I was going to buy 4x $25 LCBO and 2x $25 Tim Hortons GCs. The cashier told me that she didn't think the Tim's cards would be eligible for the promo. She called her manager and the manager told her that the only gift cards included in the promo were the ones pictured in the flyer! How ridiculous.

I bought them anyway, and also bought $100 and $50 in SDM GCs in a second transaction. She told me those would be ineligible as well.

After reading all 11 pages of this thread I'm pretty confident that I'll get the bonus points. The promo fine print says nothing about which GCs are included or excluded, so I think that manager was full of BS. Anyone else have this experience?
    couponsbaby likes this.
    Want to earn free Aeroplan or HBC points for completing short surveys? Click here to join Asking Canadians!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information