Thread: Gc for them and bonus points for you Nov. 10 to Nov. 16, 2012

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Points are not added until Nov 23rd.
    Insane and Panthea like this.

Trading Score
    235 (100%)

All the offsite GCs (others but SDM GC) take couple hours to activate, funds need to be transferred from SDM to the other vendors.
    So don't expect that you can use them right away.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

BONUS points will be awarded after promo is over

Quote Originally Posted by Panthea View Post
    Okay so I purchased 3 sets of gift cards each set totaled $150 and used at least 2 different cards but I did not get the points... is this something they add in later or should it have come up on the receipt right away?? Also 3 of the Master Card cards were not ready to use right away, they pointed out it can take up to 24hrs to activate properly anyone else with this problem?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

after work I went to the new SDM near my house...said I had to use cash or debit...so I only got $155 worth of GC...came home and hopefully transferred $$ for tomorrow to get more GC

also I don't want to take a chance this year and not get my points since I don't remember it saying this:

Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards. Some conditions apply. Offer valid Saturday, November 10, 2012 to Friday, November 16, 2012. See store for details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Panthea View Post
    Okay so I purchased 3 sets of gift cards each set totaled $150 and used at least 2 different cards but I did not get the points... is this something they add in later or should it have come up on the receipt right away?? Also 3 of the Master Card cards were not ready to use right away, they pointed out it can take up to 24hrs to activate properly anyone else with this problem?
    I had no issues with mine, purchased and used within 30 minutes. It tells them right on the screen that the activation was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by daisy33 View Post
    All the offsite GCs (others but SDM GC) take couple hours to activate, funds need to be transferred from SDM to the other vendors.
    So don't expect that you can use them right away.
    Can you quote your source? It would make more sense for it to be a nightly reconciliation.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My husband purchased a Home Depot card about 7 months ago and tried to use about 2 hours after purchase and card did not work. He went back to shoppers with it and they told him it could take up to 24 hrs before he could use it. The next day it was loaded.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    My husband purchased a Home Depot card about 7 months ago and tried to use about 2 hours after purchase and card did not work. He went back to shoppers with it and they told him it could take up to 24 hrs before he could use it. The next day it was loaded.
    This also happened to me last mth when I bought a $100 Home Depot card & tried to use it 20 min. later. This happened when I got cards @ Safeway for Home Depot as well. Did anybody else have problems with having to wait to use their card, excl SDM?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Same thing when I bought some at Loblaws. I think they say 24hrs cause it can be anywhere from 20min to 24hrs depending on the card.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Can someone in Mississauga, Toronto tell me which store is friendly to this promo? The store I went this morning, I don't think the manager understand the promo, I called 1800Shoppers and they said you can buy whatever you want, as long as it's 150 per transaction, no restriction, you can pay with your regular credit card but not the prepaid one! I told them the manager said only 300$ maximum.

To my understanding they only want to sell with cash or debit at store level!!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Confusing and funny - just posted on the SDM FB page:

Q: Regarding the 8,000 point promotion: "Gift or financial cards may not be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards." Could you please clarify what "financial cards" the promotion is referring to? People are worrying they cannot buy gift cards using regular credit cards as usual but have to pay with debit or cash. Thanks!

SDM's response - Hi XXXX, credit cards are acceptable to use however, the Optimum credit card is and using gift cards to buy gift are eligible for the promotion."

I think SDM meant to say "ineligible" i.e. the SDM / RBC credit card is NOT eligible for the promo.

If anyone has an Airmiles credit card perhaps use that or a PC Financial cc to score other points without having to risk losing 8000 bonus points by using the SDM/RBC card.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did 5 transactions for $150, 1 was for non-SDM GCs and paid with a SDM GC, I don't know if I will get the points for that one but I tried. Kept all my receipts in case something happens. 10 more transactions to go.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saving Moola View Post
    This also happened to me last mth when I bought a $100 Home Depot card & tried to use it 20 min. later. This happened when I got cards @ Safeway for Home Depot as well. Did anybody else have problems with having to wait to use their card, excl SDM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Same thing when I bought some at Loblaws. I think they say 24hrs cause it can be anywhere from 20min to 24hrs depending on the card.
    Thanks for the feedback, admittedly I usually don't try to use cards right away, but my thoughts are, they go through the activation process in order to be purchased, it tells them on the screen whether or not its been activated, so what is the hold up? I'm sure there is a reason, and it probably makes sense, I just like efficiency and it seems like there may be some lacking here with GC's.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG, I found a $50 SDM from last year, I hope it's still good.
    natynat likes this.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

can SDM void a gift card transaction? bought 450 sdm gc in one transaction, and they said gift card is not refundable, is there anything I can do about that?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gobo View Post
    can SDM void a gift card transaction? bought 450 sdm gc in one transaction, and they said gift card is not refundable, is there anything I can do about that?
    All electronic gift cards are final sale aka NON refundable. It should state that on the gift card rack.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information