User Tag List

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree203Likes

Thread: Gc for them and bonus points for you Nov. 10 to Nov. 16, 2012

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    I did 5 transactions for $150, 1 was for non-SDM GCs and paid with a SDM GC, I don't know if I will get the points for that one but I tried. Kept all my receipts in case something happens. 10 more transactions to go.
    You will not get the points for the GC you purchased with a GC. GC paid by cash, debit or NON SDM MC credit cards will be awarded the points.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    I did 5 transactions for $150, 1 was for non-SDM GCs and paid with a SDM GC, I don't know if I will get the points for that one but I tried. Kept all my receipts in case something happens. 10 more transactions to go.
    Hey Scarecrow! The terms of the deal state that you don't get points for ones purchased with other gift cards or with pre-paid credit cards, so you might want to avoid that with your other planned transactions
    torontogal12 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I did 12 transactions today with no problems. Used a Sears MC for 10 of them and then MC shut me down - fraud alert - which I was expecting - I just wanted to see how far MC would let it go.
    Did the last 2 with debit. Went to the bank after SDM and paid off the MC right away.

We are spending $1650 of it tomorrow
    $1500 at Costco (new tires for the truck, contacts for DH and a breadmaker all of which was saved/planned for this month anyway.)
    $150 at Tim Hortons to get 8 cans of coffee that we buy as well - just going to stockpile it.
    Also got $100 in SDM and $50 Keg for Bday.

The activation fees and tax (GST) on the AMEX for Costco totalled $111.06. We got $15 in sears points and will get 80,000 Optimum Points from the AMEX GC purchases which is about $208 at mega when I will redeem them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

WTF, why can't we pay with a shoppers mastercard???? That does not even make sense.
    I used the shoppers mastercard last year for this promotion with no issues.
    Where was this posted?
    hcao, IMLN and torontogal12 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Bayview and York mills has never been an issue for me. Leslie and York mills as well, but the male-looking female manager there can e snarly...

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    Can someone in Mississauga, Toronto tell me which store is friendly to this promo? The store I went this morning, I don't think the manager understand the promo, I called 1800Shoppers and they said you can buy whatever you want, as long as it's 150 per transaction, no restriction, you can pay with your regular credit card but not the prepaid one! I told them the manager said only 300$ maximum.

To my understanding they only want to sell with cash or debit at store level!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Haven't heard of this one either. I just did 2 transactions using my SDM MC :-s

Quote Originally Posted by myintuition View Post
    WTF, why can't we pay with a shoppers mastercard???? That does not even make sense.
    Where was this posted?
    hcao and i_love_to_save like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Where was this posted?
    My understanding is that you can pay with the SDM MC. However, the terms state that you WON'T earn points on your purchase, besides the promotion BP from the transaction.
    lilo0003 likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    Had some trouble at my local shoppers, I did two transactions, 1 $50 SDM GC and 1 $100 MasterCard GC on the first - the cashier swiped my Optimum card. We were talking about bonus points as she did my second transaction, this one was 1 $50 MasterCard GC and 1 $100 MasterCard GC, she completed the order without swiping my card. When I told her she didn't swipe, she told me that it doesn't work on these GC's.
    I had to ask for her manager, explain that the cashier didn't bother to swipe my card and the manager had to add the points on manually, as there was no way to start the transaction over.
    Frustrating when cashiers have no idea what promos are running. They really should just swipe the Optimum card on all transactions, we're not gonna get points unless we should. Grr.
    That was the start of my shopping day.. luckily it got better at other stores

Did the manager add just the base points or the 8k bonus points also? since it didn't register on your card that you did the gc purchase, chances are you won't get the 8k bonus points from optimum. if that's the case, call and explain asap. Let us know

Silk
    Safyre likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Will be stocking up on perscriptions for the family using SDM GCs from this promo. Great way to stock up!
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fayemercier View Post
    I'm confused... According to the SDM facebook page, we cannot use the SDM MC to purchase GCs but we can use any other credit card.... I was able to use my SDM card last year without any problems. Should I be worried?
    i used my mbna & my rbc to purchase gift cards,, im not worried ,, i dont believe anything from that face book page.. i think the promo will run exactly as last year.. they just dont want any double dipping ,, for instance buy a prepaid mc's and then buy shoppers gift card's repeating and rinsing

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Did the manager add just the base points or the 8k bonus points also? since it didn't register on your card that you did the gc purchase, chances are you won't get the 8k bonus points from optimum. if that's the case, call and explain asap. Let us know

Silk
    Silk - I am Safyre's hubby

On the 1st transaction, the card was swiped, so we will get the bonus 8,000 on the 23rd like normal
    On the 2nd transaction - because the card was not swiped, there would be no way that they would give the points, so the manager did the 8,000 points manually through her system, 1,000 points at a time right away and apologized for the error. She was pretty friendly and sorry, wifey said.
    Silk and Safyre like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where was this posted?
    All stores are run differently and there are a few that have this rule. I have a store that doesn't accept SDM MC to pay for GCs, just go to a different store.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Where was this posted?
    You can if your store accepts credit cards for GC purchases. There are some that don't. I've argued it with the cashier before (saying "It's a chip card, I have to enter a PIN, and if you want to see my ID, say the word, I'm fine with that") and they backed off. Other places have no problem with it, as long as you pay for the GC somehow, they just want your money.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I did 2 transactions. Both had my optimum swiped and one showed my balance but I did not earn any points.
    The other showed I earned 250 points. Not sure why the difference since I didn;t buy any CC etc. Hope I get 2 X the 8000 on Nov 23rd. I also got credited Nov 7th for 2500 points but I'm not sure why lol
    Last edited by SarahS83; Sun, Nov 11th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sarah could the 2500 be for huggies?
    SarahS83 likes this.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information