• 2 Post By sweetrose
  • 6 Post By DianneS
  • 2 Post By Autum
  • 4 Post By rish

Thread: Stacking Brags

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I rarely post, and I have couponed a very long time over 20+ yrs. Knowing the excitement of achieving a very low OOP, did you ever consider that manufactures read or monitor these sites. Before you just told your family or a BFF. Couponing has gone from saving a few dollars to extreme in the past few years, thanks to certain reality shows. From that time more and more people brag of stacking for little OOP or taking advantage of a manufactures coupon for a specified product to obtain overages at WM.
    What has dissappeared over the past year.....P&G coupons are extremely limited, SC Johnson banded stacking of their brands with direct communications to London Drugs, more coupons stating can not be combined with any other coupon offer, etc.
    Relish in the win of a good deal, but bragging on the site has also diminished coupon freedom. Disrespecting Rules with photo copies or scans has diminished coupon freedom. Un-polite behaviour at stores leading to complaints to mgmt from staff has diminished coupon freedom. Tear pads dissappearing at store level within hrs of being installed, is a product of greed and completely goes against what the manufacturers intentions are for their brand.
    One of my favorite spots to get a great deal shut it off last week, SOF - Thank you for the great deals, and I will still shop in your store.
    Having the ability to still stack at London drugs is a gift, not a right. Think about what you say b4 you post, I would really appreciate to have this gift longer. Enjoy your wins, but remember this is a universal forum open to anyone to read, don't be greedy, say thank you to the cashier, and appreciate the gift of lowering your expense vs hoarding because you can.
    I am speaking from inside resource of a major consumer packaged company. Don't over expose it, or you will lose more.
    Happy couponing to all in respect of those that provide & accept the coupons.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Save on Foods

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

your right i have couponed for over 20+ years also -it has gone from no expiry date coupons -still have a few of those left-to so many restrictions-it is getting harder and harder -lets remember the cashiers are nice people too just doing their job -i had a lovely supervisor jump on in fortinos yesterday-and in walmart an ever so nice cashier too-even thou the lineups were long i waited it thru -because i am allowed to price match which saves me on gas from running around store to store

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

you are so right
    rish likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never post....and I recently posted cause I followed the rules and did a job well done at LD!! It is a gift to stack, and takes alot of time and effort to plan perfectly when the right coupons come together and it's done correctly there isn't a better feeling!!! It is sad people buying skids of soap and dishwasher tabs.....but who let that happen....the stores!! Letting people "PRE-ORDER" skids of products is ridiculious!!! Of course when people figure out wording and loop holes they will take advantage and when you provide them with a way to get massive amounts of "free" stuff!! People have lots of friends, family, shelters to donate to...whatever!! I am always polite, kind and say thank you. My recent post about "MY EXPERIENCE" at a local LD is what happened to ME and I'll choose not to stack there anymore. I was very nice, friendly, etc...etc..., it was one of the assistant managers who rang our stuff through and changed the rules and "wording" to what she wanted to when she wanted!! She told us over and over how the LD we were at is a new store with all new staff.....who don't know anything about stacking??? That is not MY fault!!! If it is such a problem then don't let it happen anymore!!!!! She was friendly enough during the transaction but you could tell she did not want to help us!!! I do not expect the cashiers to treat me special...but I would like them to know and do their job without making me feel like I've done something wrong, or that I'm wasting their time!!!! I've never felt this way when stacking before......so I'm saying if it's a problem for LD to stack or it causes them a hardship....by not getting their money back from manufacterers, etc...then stop doing it!!! In southern Alberta we only have LD that stacks coupons and they are normally more expensive than other stores.....so as couponers we only get a chance to stack a big shop once or twice a year so when it happends enjoy it! And BRAG about it....if you did nothing wrong then have fun!! That's also what couponing is about...it frusterates me too that I can't find inserts and that tear pads are gone within seconds of being put out!! That is how couponing is changing.....it is sad but it's getting harder to do. I don't think it's right but if there is a chance to get the deals......then get them!!!

Good luck to everyone to find great deals and share them with others in need of great deals!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lovethisgame View Post
    I rarely post, and I have couponed a very long time over 20+ yrs. Knowing the excitement of achieving a very low OOP, did you ever consider that manufactures read or monitor these sites. Before you just told your family or a BFF. Couponing has gone from saving a few dollars to extreme in the past few years, thanks to certain reality shows. From that time more and more people brag of stacking for little OOP or taking advantage of a manufactures coupon for a specified product to obtain overages at WM.
    What has dissappeared over the past year.....P&G coupons are extremely limited, SC Johnson banded stacking of their brands with direct communications to London Drugs, more coupons stating can not be combined with any other coupon offer, etc.
    Relish in the win of a good deal, but bragging on the site has also diminished coupon freedom. Disrespecting Rules with photo copies or scans has diminished coupon freedom. Un-polite behaviour at stores leading to complaints to mgmt from staff has diminished coupon freedom. Tear pads dissappearing at store level within hrs of being installed, is a product of greed and completely goes against what the manufacturers intentions are for their brand.
    One of my favorite spots to get a great deal shut it off last week, SOF - Thank you for the great deals, and I will still shop in your store.
    Having the ability to still stack at London drugs is a gift, not a right. Think about what you say b4 you post, I would really appreciate to have this gift longer. Enjoy your wins, but remember this is a universal forum open to anyone to read, don't be greedy, say thank you to the cashier, and appreciate the gift of lowering your expense vs hoarding because you can.
    I am speaking from inside resource of a major consumer packaged company. Don't over expose it, or you will lose more.
    Happy couponing to all in respect of those that provide & accept the coupons.
    rish and Autum like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Couldn't agree more about stacking brags on forums. Those of us who have been able to stack hve been privileged to get incredible deals. I really wish people would be a little more discreet. It's enough to get the bargain....but listing large 'scores' with quantities, etc only hurts us all in the end Some (many?) willl disagree with me but I think it is possible to share a good deal without rubbing the store or manufacturer's nose in it. Would be nice if people 'flew under the radar'
    Last edited by DianneS; Tue, Nov 6th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is right on,I hardly see tear pads for coupons anymore,most of mine are from newspaper inserts or magazines.Its such a shame some people are so greedy & spoil it for others who may really need the deal & cant afford full price.
    saddlebag and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I agree to all of you ... That is why i don't post brags no more even if i found a good deal
    Better play it safe

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I dont even read stacking brags cuz its not possible in ontario lol
    while you do have good points, this is the wrong section. I've moved your discussion thread to the shopping discussion forum

Thread Information