• 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 2 Post By cabmonk
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By cabmonk

Thread: I don't believe managers think LOL

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I am two weeks after a small surgery in my foot. The stitches are all still in place, have not dissolved as will happen eventually, therefore are still pulling and being a pain in the.....foot I guess

My brother works at the same part time job as myself and brought my my hours for the upcoming thursday. Apparently my first shift back to work is 8.5 hrs. Now why would she slot me in for 8.5hrs knowing im back from a surgery that will affect my job performance? Shucks, I may just have to wear my open toe boot/sandal thing from the hospital with a black sock instead of close-toed shoes or switch halfway during the day....

Looking forward to a "please deal with the alteration of uniform or send me home and i will get into contact with the proper authorities" kind of day
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Stitches
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Did you communicate to them what your availability and or modifications would be? I'm sure it's not a case of not thinking it's more of a case of not knowing.

Most jobs require a back to work note with your modifications stated on them.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

But isn't it pretty obvious if your job requires standing all day? If that is what you do.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm not sure on Canadian employment law here...

but if you are incapable of performing your regular work, shouldn't your doctor/surgeon be giving you a letter explaining why you can't work ( for company insurance purposes) or detailing which tasks you can do with exposing yourself to extra stress on your injury??

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Also as managers of busy locations that have many employees, they often make the schedule not giving thought to your surgery with no note or instruction as to what you can and cannot do. Also as managers with lots to do, it's possible that they forgot about your surgery altogether, they deal with so many items in a day.

I'm sure if you called them, since there is lots of time until next Thursday comes, they will be able to change your shift for you. If however, the call is last minute, it can be a lot harder. Give them a call, I'm sure it will get straightened out.

Also, best of luck with your recovery.

abbasgirl likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wonder if manager forgot abt your surgery? I'm sure if you bring it up they'll accomodate. At least I hope so! Good luck with your recovery!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Same even for a large company like walmart where I officially start next monday but do computer training this week coming up. This week I'm still at my old job so the manager at walmart said just tell us when you are available this week to do computer training and we will work around your schedule.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Same even for a large company like walmart where I officially start next monday but do computer training this week coming up. This week I'm still at my old job so the manager at walmart said just tell us when you are available this week to do computer training and we will work around your schedule.
    Congratulations on your new job.
    cabmonk likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Congratulations on your new job.
    Thanks. The walmart here seems pretty good so far from what I see. The manager as been with walmart for 10 years. The co-manager has worked for walmart and woolco before that when they were bought by walmart for over 35 years now. We shall see how it goes.
    matrix82 and pippinelkhound like this.

Thread Information