• 2 Post By natynat
  • 8 Post By PinkLincoln
  • 1 Post By barginbin-barbie
  • 2 Post By krysta lynne
  • 3 Post By GoJays

Thread: Shop.ca Sells Fur!

Trading Score
    2 (80%)

Hi everyone, we need your help. Please ask online Canadian retailer Shop.ca to stop selling fur. You can write them at [email protected] or comment on their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SHOPdotCA

SHOP.CA is Canada’s largest etailer(*COUGH,*COUGH-SO THEY SAY), and they are selling real fur products including Canada Goose Inc. jackets. Please let them know they have lost your lifetime's worth of purchases and referrals unless they stop selling fur product
    The only place in the world that still trades fur is canada. This must be stopped, as these innocent animals should not be tortured so people can wear THERE fur.

Thanks all
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hundreds, probably thousands of stores sell fur - are you going to list them all?
    strew, mulock, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I agree with you on the fact that animals should not be killed for their fur. But, like Natalka said, there are SO many stores that do this. It's simply impossible to contact them all and let them know you won't shop there (and you probably never do in the first place).

I think it's a matter of making a personal choice not to buy fur products, and convincing the close ones around you that it's not good. Other than that...I don't think that companies care...unfortunately. I do, however, admire your passion for animals.
    Natalka and mulock like this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I know fur has a bad rep. I'm not going to try to change your mind here, but give you a different perspective.

We kill animals for food. Excluding Coyote and one type of vermin (can't recall the name) almost all fur-bearing animals for trapping can be eaten (Beaver, Racoons, Muskrat) and depending on the animals health, they usually are because it's free food

Buying Ontario fur supports families in rural communities that don't have many alternative sources of income

Fur is 100% biodegradable and can be recycled. And normally if you buy a fur or fur trim jacket in Ontario, it was caught here, made here, sold here, and has stayed 100% local.

Fur is becoming more popular again with an increased number of people moving to the country and starting hobby farms to grow their own food and slaughter their own animals. This also spikes interest in hunting, fishing, and well.. fur. More and more people don't trust where their food or meat comes from, so they're wanting to raise it themselves.

I have a Canada Goose jacket.. and I wear it with pride. It is 100% made in Canada, with Canadian Coyote, Canadian Hudderite down filling, and it is manufactured in Toronto.

A more worthy protest would be to stop the import of fur products from overseas, because they do not have the same humane regulations that Ontario/Canada does. The other day I was in an outdoors store that had the fur trapper style hats. I was looking at them because they were a great price. I pulled up the tab and saw it was manufactured in China. I took it to one of the store employees and informed them I would rather pay $100 for a product that was 100% Canadian rather then a cheap product from a country with poor fur regulations just to get something that was 'cheap'. I requested that they relay the message to try and provide more Canadian made products.
    strew, Natalka, GoJays and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What we can do is to boycott fur goods, everybody acts
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's the largest etailer? I've never heard of it before. I guess that's a good thing. Poor bunnies ><
    Get paid to shop~ earn cashback guaranteed from +4000 online stores!
    http://ca.shop.com
    Press "sign in" at the top right corner to make an account
    If you refer your friends you get 0.5% of their cashback purchases for life~
    Feel free to PM me for any questions on how to use the site etc.! (:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is very ironic that every one keeps saying . Its so big we are helpless to do anything. When it was the average consumer that supports these type of products. I do believe that most fur is from China's fur farms . As stated above. If we choose cheap disposable products above North American products as people need to look at the ripple effect.
    kmiecp likes this.
    ARE YOU PART OF A PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION BE A INFORMED SHOPPER

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

my daughter had a fake leopard fur coat and wore it until she outgrew it... one day she told me she wished it was real fur (?why? i dunno) and i said oh yeah? so you would have an animal killed and skinned so you could wear it? she said yup.

oh 8 year olds. i guess she figures if she eats them she can wear them too.

i happen to be a vegetarian.

my household is kind of a mixture of personalities and ideals.
    Natalka and gourmetsue like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

the way i look at it, if the animal that is killed is a food product, then it shouldn't be a problem wearing it's fur or leather (cows, pigs, sheep, etc).. if the animal is raised specifically for it's fur (or trapped in the wild), then i don't agree with wearing it.. just my opinion

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Who cares?
    Earn money for paypal at cashlagoon
    http://www.cashlagoon.com/?ref=177228

Thread Information