User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Marketplace

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Sun, Nov 11th, 2012 at 04:44 AM.
    operabob and KJH like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I am slowly backing out of this thread and running to buy a vat of bleach.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    I am slowly backing out of this thread and running to buy a vat of bleach.
    I was totally grossed out from this show....starting to travel abit and staying at hotels and will certainly be more cautious next time! Disgusting....they even found superbug.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have Market Place set to automatically record on my PVR. It's one of those shows only the CBC can do well as they don't have to worry about sponsors threatening to withdraw advertising.

We never put our toothbrushes on the sink counter and we'll be bringing disinfectant wipes with us from now on, especially for the coffee pot!!!! If a room has un packaged cups/glasses we always wash them ourselves.

At the same time, despite hard cleaning, I'm sure I can find lots of germs in my own home, but at least they're my germs.

Support the CBC everyone even if you think they're boring. Shows like Market Place are worth their weight in gold!!!!!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

OMG I am checking all the beds from now on...i thought i was doing good in my inspection of the room but, never thought of the matress. Now those picture Holly open my eyes to a new level.
    operabob, KJH and vesper like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a hard enough time being in a hotel/motel room ..gah I watched this with my sister on the phone and we squealed and screamed like 5 year olds.. blah.

I used to work at a hotel in my hometown for a few months years ago. The housekeepers weren't given GLOVES at all my dad bought me boxes of disposable gloves and I would change them every room and disinfect everything that was high traffic [doorknobs, remotes, switches, etc etc] which always got me in trouble because we weren't to do that. We were suppose to do basically every room at the same time on each floor.. Which sucked so my boss would get the garbage, i'd grab the sheets and towels and run them down to be bleached. But she showed me how to 'clean' the toilet 'properly' and sinks.. use a rag that's been used in every other room [in the tub, floor, toilet, sink, counter]and some all purpose spray... and that using hot was was enough to clean germs off the rags I'm like WTF you're dense woman. I complained to the hotel manager.. he ignored me.. I one day I can across the owner and talked to him [english is not his first language] and tried to explain that the cleaning is not right..were not santaizing properly. Nothing got thru.. =(

But for those months I was incharge of the final run thru each room so I'd bring lysol wipes from home and rewipe everything; toilet, sink, handles, tub, etc.
    They bad mouthed me to my next employer but the lady knew me so I explained what happened and all was good, lol.

Meh. It's just.. very gross but really to see everything about C dif and the superbug my god it's shocking. Yes the housekeepers only get so much time per room but every hotel should be more thorough. No corner cutting.. Personally I bleach everything in my house and it takes me maybe 15 minutes.. If you work in pairs .. one does the beds and garbage the other does the bathroom and sanatizing of all the items you'd be done. It's hard work but if it ensures guests don't get ill and you don't get a bad rap.. it's worth it.. plus.. if your company does this and advertises it.. you'll get much more traffic! duh..mo money mo money! lol
    Natalka, KJH and vesper like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information