User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Unbelievable Shoppers experience..check that the cashier has swiped your card!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First, I have learned so much from all of you Smart canucks, and I thank you!!

It was my first time doing the gift card promotion, and I bought 5 cards totaling $150. The cashier forgot to scan my optimum card, and i noticed after i left. I went back in and explained what happened, as I had bought one Shoppers gc and it stated that I would have received 500 pts for using the Optimum card.

They did not know what to do so the *cashier supervisor* called head office and explained the situation. The guy on the other end tried saying that I would not be entitled to bonus pts anyway as it had to be 1 gift card worth $150. I questioned that and told her that was false information as I know that it was not advertised that way, that I use forums, and the Shoppers facebook page, and no where did it say that. I explained what the promo was according to their advertising and that they don't even have any gift cards there worth $150, only up to $100 therefore I would be unable to buy only 1 card for the $150.

She called back and got a woman this time. She explained to her what was going on, and after the conversation, the *cashier supervisor* said "but that's not the question I asked and that doesn't answer it". She had to explain again to her what the issue was.

Finally, she was told to tell me that I would get the 500 points and yes I would be entitled to the 8,000 bonus pts. but they could not redo the transaction and would have to manually add the points on. They took my info and got a reference number.

25 minutes later I was then told the store manager would call in tomorrow, to straighten it out, as no managers work on Sundays. I was also told to phone the store tomorrow and make sure the manager did follow through with it, then call head office on Tuesday. I didn't even get an apology from anyone including the cashier supervisor!

I was not impressed at all, especially for my first promotion of this sort. I did write down all the info that I could overhear from the phone conversation including names, the reference number etc.

We shall see how this goes. My advice, check and double check that the cashier swiped your card before you pay!! From now on I will ask before I pay!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix
    Last edited by canadianhockeymom; Sun, Nov 11th, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
    glenglen and wendyjane like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I always have them scan my card at the beginning of the transaction. You can't rely on the cashiers remembering because not all customers have the cards.

I have no doubt that the head office will honor the points. It is common for cards to not be scanned, and they are usually good at giving you what you should have earned. Just be patient
    glenglen likes this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

the promo is buy 2 GCs =+$150. and received 8000 BP
    glenglen and sadybrad like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    I always have them scan my card at the beginning of the transaction. You can't rely on the cashiers remembering because not all customers have the cards.

I have no doubt that the head office will honor the points. It is common for cards to not be scanned, and they are usually good at giving you what you should have earned. Just be patient
    Patience is a virtue I always hand my card in at the beginning as well but will pay more attention to whether or not it was scanned. After the fact, when i went back in to the same cashier, she tried to say that I would not have received points on the gift cards anyway so I showed her my receipt and explained that yes we receive points on the Shoppers cards and explained the bonus points to her. She obviously didn't scan it assuming that points were not earned on gift cards.
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

sorry you had to go through this. I would never mention that you are on forums. Some cashiers put a stigma on us "deal getters." Just point to their flyer next time. Hope it works out. Sometimes they refuse to scan the card but I tell them "please scan it, I want to see how many points I have."
    glenglen, Silk, deskittles and 6 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    the promo is buy 2 GCs =+$150. and received 8000 BP
    It's "buy two or more gift cards valued at $150 or more"

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I completely agree. Most cashiers do not know about the forums and its not fun having to explain them how technically you're at the store to "chase a deal" and not just to buy stuff like any other customer. And if they do know about the forums, there's surely a stigma against us. Luckily I have local SDM cashiers that think its cool what I do

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    sorry you had to go through this. I would never mention that you are on forums. Some cashiers put a stigma on us "deal getters." Just point to their flyer next time. Hope it works out. Sometimes they refuse to scan the card but I tell them "please scan it, I want to see how many points I have."
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Something similar happened to me but we're thinking that the scanned receipt with the optimum card after the fact will cover me. I'll phone head office on Monday to confirm they see my transaction properly - really annoying that the helpful cashier didn't think my Optimum points would work so didn't scan the offered card. Gah!
    glenglen likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

It does not matter WHAT you buy or how much you buy. Even if you buy a pack of gum for .25 cents the cashier should always ask you for your optimum card and NEVER should you be told that they will not scan it.
    glenglen and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I always check the screen while it's up and make sure that its MY card number up there

Quote Originally Posted by canadianhockeymom View Post
    First, I have learned so much from all of you Smart canucks, and I thank you!!

It was my first time doing the gift card promotion, and I bought 5 cards totaling $150. The cashier forgot to scan my optimum card, and i noticed after i left. I went back in and explained what happened, as I had bought one Shoppers gc and it stated that I would have received 500 pts for using the Optimum card.

They did not know what to do so the *cashier supervisor* called head office and explained the situation. The guy on the other end tried saying that I would not be entitled to bonus pts anyway as it had to be 1 gift card worth $150. I questioned that and told her that was false information as I know that it was not advertised that way, that I use forums, and the Shoppers facebook page, and no where did it say that. I explained what the promo was according to their advertising and that they don't even have any gift cards there worth $150, only up to $100 therefore I would be unable to buy only 1 card for the $150.

She called back and got a woman this time. She explained to her what was going on, and after the conversation, the *cashier supervisor* said "but that's not the question I asked and that doesn't answer it". She had to explain again to her what the issue was.

Finally, she was told to tell me that I would get the 500 points and yes I would be entitled to the 8,000 bonus pts. but they could not redo the transaction and would have to manually add the points on. They took my info and got a reference number.

25 minutes later I was then told the store manager would call in tomorrow, to straighten it out, as no managers work on Sundays. I was also told to phone the store tomorrow and make sure the manager did follow through with it, then call head office on Tuesday. I didn't even get an apology from anyone including the cashier supervisor!

I was not impressed at all, especially for my first promotion of this sort. I did write down all the info that I could overhear from the phone conversation including names, the reference number etc.

We shall see how this goes. My advice, check and double check that the cashier swiped your card before you pay!! From now on I will ask before I pay!
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm telling you from my own experience, I gave the cashier my card, it showed on the screen it was scan, as my points balance show up, and when I finished with my payments, looked at the receipt, it said "with a Shoppers Optimum, you could earn this """"" points" Both me and my cashier didn't understand why!!!But supervisor came and scanned the receipt as well as the card, so the post transaction update was printed and my points was there!
    glenglen likes this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

arggggggg Shoppersdrugmart
    torontogal12 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    I'm telling you from my own experience, I gave the cashier my card, it showed on the screen it was scan, as my points balance show up, and when I finished with my payments, looked at the receipt, it said "with a Shoppers Optimum, you could earn this """"" points" Both me and my cashier didn't understand why!!!But supervisor came and scanned the receipt as well as the card, so the post transaction update was printed and my points was there!
    I am curious to learn how many Gift Cards you bought this year?
    sadybrad likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    I always check the screen while it's up and make sure that its MY card number up there
    After hearing about the events where someone else was scanning their own card and taking the point for themselves you want to make the card is scanned and it is YOUR card. There have been a few times now that someone else is helping themselves to points this way and with these points being added later I can imagine it would be easy enough to do if the customers are not watching.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    I am curious to learn how many Gift Cards you bought this year?
    So far 5 sets!!! :D The store I did 33 transactions lats year, said that "oh I'm not gonna risk my career to let you buy more than 2 sets with your visa, if you pay with debit or cash it's fine, it's head office that forced us to have the limit, it's not the store's discretion" I'm like WTH, if you don't want my business I will just go elsewhere, the store I went in today closed at 6 and I went there at 5:30, asked supervisor and she said if you want to use visa, after certain limit we have to see ID, I gave her ID right away, here you go, and she processed the transactions, since they was closing and there was many customers in line (it's SDM in the mall) so I didn't want people to wait so much, I'll just go to that store again to buy about 20 or 25 more transactions (depends on how I feel lol) in weekday when they are less busy then!!!!

To my understanding visa as well as debit or mastercard (the bank' ones) are legal form of tender, I don't know why the first store had to do that to me!!!

And the reason I use VISA is I do get TD points and they are good for me to pay toward my flights!!! That's all!!! I pay it off when I get the statement!!!!
    redfox, kidsteph and littlebean like this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information