User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2silly

Thread: Return question on Mega Redemption day

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On Mega Redemption days, does anyone know if they still accept returns? I know it'd be a pain to do when it's that busy, and I'm not asking if anyone *thinks* they do or don't. I need to know for sure please.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Are you asking if they accept regular returns while mega is going on, or do they accept returns of items that you redeemed points for during mega?
    Last edited by KrazE; Wed, Nov 21st, 2012 at 09:49 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well i would like to ask you guys can i return something i buy on mega, lets say for a gift, they don't like it

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

why wouldn't they accept returns during the mega redemption day? I know sometimes during boxing week other big stores (ie not SDM) won't accept returns at some stores because its busy... but this is only mega redemption day... It's actually not a whole lot busier than any other redemption weekend.

My question is, if you have something to return, why don't you return it now?

Also, if you buy anything on redemption day with points, there is nothing stopping you from returning the item. SDM has policies for returning items with points, which most stores would give gift card - but be careful when doing this. If its a habit, they can put restrictions as it is abuse of their point system.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Remember that they do not allow the return of electronics, so if that is what you are contemplating you might want to rethink buying at SDM if you are not sure that the recipient would like it.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

It is my expecience that they will accept returned electronics as long as they are not opened. I bought something the other day and the cashier said "make sure it is what you want before you open it; if that seal is broken, it is yours".

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it is up to each store as to whether they accept a return or not on electronics according to the return policy. I think if they see something bought on Mega redemption being redeemed right away they may wonder the motives behind returning a high ticket item to get gift cards. I know that people have been known to return items to get the gift cards & buy other gift cards from other places. My aunt worked for shoppers briefly & told me she saw this happen a few times. They are also correct in saying it could someones account if returning often.
    Insane likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Judyhill View Post
    It is my expecience that they will accept returned electronics as long as they are not opened. I bought something the other day and the cashier said "make sure it is what you want before you open it; if that seal is broken, it is yours".
    Interesting - both times I bought a netbook they stamped right on the reciept that there were no returns - and in red.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My question pertains to returning an item I've bought prior to that day on the Mega day. I just figured it'd be quicker to buy it ahead, return it, and re-buy at cash register that day with points. That way what I want is definitely available. I wouldn't use my optimum card for the original purchase, since that'd just be muddying the waters a bit and there'd be no point since it was being returned anyway.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I once said to a SDM manager that I was going to do that. She just put it aside for me. She said it would make her life a lot simpler that way. Why don't you try asking your SDM if they'll just put the item aside for you?

SDM won't take back a lot of items, including electronics. You run the risk of the cashier saying you can return it when you buy it but the next one saying no. Just becareful inthat respect.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2silly View Post
    I think it is up to each store as to whether they accept a return or not on electronics according to the return policy. I think if they see something bought on Mega redemption being redeemed right away they may wonder the motives behind returning a high ticket item to get gift cards. I know that people have been known to return items to get the gift cards & buy other gift cards from other places. My aunt worked for shoppers briefly & told me she saw this happen a few times. They are also correct in saying it could someones account if returning often.
    SDM will not allow you to purchase gift cards using gift cards! Any cashier who allows this is definitely not trained properly! You're right, the persons account could be suspended if this does happens.

Thread Information