User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: 20X Event....What's on your list

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    I now have a new plan. I will use the shoppers gift cards I have been purchasing this week to buy the PS3 for my son. It's 269 but with 20X the points back I should get 51K in points which would be a $125 redemption. Can someone check my math for me please.
    I don't think you get the 20x points when you purchase with a SDM gift card (because you got base points when you purchased the card), but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about the program will correct me if I'm wrong...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by natynat View Post
    Also...if I'm getting prescription at the pharmacist, does the amout of the pills count as part of the total sum? I would think not...but one day I got a $10 gift card because I spent over $50, but that was only because the pills were $20. I'm am sooooo confused, if you haven't gotten the drift yet
    It depends on the province. In Ontario we don't get points for pharmacist dispensed items, but in some provinces apparently, they do. I think it sucks that it varies between pronvinces. I have migraine medication that is very expensive and if I had been able to collect points on it, I'd have so many points I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    I don't think you get the 20x points when you purchase with a SDM gift card (because you got base points when you purchased the card), but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about the program will correct me if I'm wrong...
    You still get 20X even if you pay with SDM gift card.
    Last edited by Cuckoobird; Thu, Nov 15th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Panthera, super807 and sadybrad like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Fri purchse $150. worth of SD GC's = 8000 bps
    Sat purchase X Box 360 @ $199. = 39800bps + $50. GC
    Total points = 47800bps = $125.79 Mega Redemption
    GC= $50.
    Total OOP= $23.21 + Tax (on $199.)
    This will bump me up to another $250. shop on Mega Redemption (I'm at 5 Woohoo!)

scissoritis
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    I now have a new plan. I will use the shoppers gift cards I have been purchasing this week to buy the PS3 for my son. It's 269 but with 20X the points back I should get 51K in points which would be a $125 redemption. Can someone check my math for me please.
    Is he set on the PS3?

XBOX 360 is $199. That would give you 39,800 pts which are worth about $105 on mega redemption. AND you get a $50 SDM card. So you'd save $155 and the XBOX would cost you $45 (and the tax on $199).
    lucy16076 likes this.
    sicosnipophobia

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Fri purchse $300. worth of SD GC's = 16000 bps
    Sat purchase X Box 360 @ $199. = 39800bps + $50. GC
    Total points = 55800bps = $146.84 Mega Redemption
    GC= $50.
    Total OOP= $2.16 + Tax (on $199.)
    This will bump me up to another $250. shop during Mega Redemption (I'm at 5 Woohoo!)
    Should have about $76. left on GC for taxes during Mega Redemption
    Last edited by 1cheapb*tch; Thu, Nov 15th, 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Yeah, he really wants the PS3, spent almost 6 months discussing which system he really wants. Had a brand new Xbox 2 years ago (that came with his desktop as a promo) he sold it because he had no interest in it. I think all his friends have the PS3.
    Quote Originally Posted by isthia View Post
    Is he set on the PS3?

XBOX 360 is $199. That would give you 39,800 pts which are worth about $105 on mega redemption. AND you get a $50 SDM card. So you'd save $155 and the XBOX would cost you $45 (and the tax on $199).
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by natynat View Post
    Ok, can someone explain how this 20x event goes? I was under the impression that it's the points that you would normally get with the products, times 20. But the post above got me confused Also, if a product gives you bonus points (i.e. 500 bonus points if you purchase x product)...how does that work with the 20x event. I'm so confused

stamps - they're 10% off...but do they give you points?

Also...if I'm getting prescription at the pharmacist, does the amout of the pills count as part of the total sum? I would think not...but one day I got a $10 gift card because I spent over $50, but that was only because the pills were $20. I'm am sooooo confused, if you haven't gotten the drift yet
    If the PS3 is $269, regular points are 10 points per dollar. On 20X points day, it would be:
    Regular: $269 x 10 points/dollar = 2690 points
    20X points: 2690 points x 20 = 53,800 points
    If there are (for example) 500 bonus points when you buy the item, it's 53,800 points + 500 bonus = 54,300 points

You can never get points for purchasing stamps. It's in the fine print. However, you can pay for stamps with a gift card, which you would get points on.

Points aren't issued on prescriptions in Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland, but I'm not sure how they work in those bonus gift card days. Sometimes those are at the discretion of the cashier.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    You can!!
    super807 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Can you purchase Gift Cards with your points on Mega Redemption? Shoppers Points newbie here!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky5 View Post
    Can you purchase Gift Cards with your points on Mega Redemption? Shoppers Points newbie here!
    No you can't. Also no prescriptions, lottery tickets, stamps, transit tickets/passes, and the like.
    Binky5 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    No you can't. Also no prescriptions, lottery tickets, stamps, transit tickets/passes, and the like.
    Ok, I didn't think so. That would be too good to be true! My concern is that if i do what the above posters said.. buy shoppers Gc, then buy x box on 20x day, I would hAVE enough points for mega redemption, but I'm concerned that the prices would be soo high that week that I would only get about half the value anyway???? Am I making any sense? I wouldn't normally pay $3 for a box of crackers, or even $2 for a bottle of pop, I always wait for good sales. Will there be decent prices on mega redemption day ( for all you that have done this in previous years) ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky5 View Post
    Ok, I didn't think so. That would be too good to be true! My concern is that if i do what the above posters said.. buy shoppers Gc, then buy x box on 20x day, I would hAVE enough points for mega redemption, but I'm concerned that the prices would be soo high that week that I would only get about half the value anyway???? Am I making any sense? I wouldn't normally pay $3 for a box of crackers, or even $2 for a bottle of pop, I always wait for good sales. Will there be decent prices on mega redemption day ( for all you that have done this in previous years) ?
    I guess it depends what you are going for. I found it just like any other week..sat/sun specials and some sale prices. I usually go for electronics, toys and few food items and i'm happy with the prices. We will see what its like this year..if you don't like what you see for mega redemption just hold on to your points until the next bonus redemption!!
    Binky5 likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

HELP .. QUESTIONS

So I just went on the SDM website and I know that we don't get points on the promtions or BP .. buuuuuuuuuuuut

Biotherm promotion says that runs until Nov. 17, 2012 (I printed out as prof) so if I buy the serum for $60.00 (not sure the price)... I will get my 20,000 bp + 12,000 (600 base points x 20x event) is that correct or not at all?

The other one to keep in mind is the promo for the chocolate bars buy 4 and get 500 bomus points ..

Happy shopping and thanks for your help
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Okay I've changed my mind, I am now participating on behalf of someone else ... with my card of course!

Mom is willing to pay $1.49 (instead of the previous $0.99 deal) for Tena so this is what it will look like:

10X Tena @ $6.49 each = $64.90 - $5 coupons X 10 = $50 = $14.90 OOP (No tax on bladder pads but of course tax on femlae time of the month products!)

I will be paid back $15 and I will have earned points
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Fri, Nov 16th, 2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: not to now
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information