User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anne99 View Post
    Opened up itunes and on the home page at the bottom where the "Free On iTunes" section is I saw a free episode of TLC's Extreme Couponing titled "J'amie & Tiffany". (I wonder if this the J'amie that you all are talking about?)

I hope someone finds this interesting, I did and downloaded it.

Yes this the J'amie we are talking about who buys stuff that doesn't match up with her coupons.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tai and Tarin are going for birthday freebies and Nathan is doing 1000 military packages new episode on tonight.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by betholio View Post
    The only show I saw had that. Both families were getting a bunch of free pop. Well yuck. I don't want a bunch of pop stored in my house or my husband might drink it and it's bad for him.

I was really tempted by a discounted cereal with the $5 off ice cream on it. Because I would be 'making' money. BUT I need neither another box of processed cereal or a carton of ice cream so I had to leave it be. It would be one thing if I could donate the cereal but after I've hacked up the box our local food bank probably won't want it.
    You could call up the food bank and ask.They might accept the cereal so long as the cereal bag is not cut or punctured when you cut the box.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome, I just watched Rebecca and Jessica. I'm in awe of these women's skills. I'm an bookkeeper and I would have a head ache managing their min/maxing.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    You could call up the food bank and ask.They might accept the cereal so long as the cereal bag is not cut or punctured when you cut the box.

agreed.. open the box slip the bag out cut out the coupon slip the bag back in.. i'm sure they will "check" the bag when they get it but as long as the bag isn't damaged it's just fine.. (i've seen instances where the food bank just gives away bags not even in boxes-which can be tricky for those with allergies)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

What gets me is the amount of time spent cutting, sorting, planning and then the HOURS spent in the grocery store. I love couponing and I love deals, but I'd rather spend time with my kids then 5 hours in a grocery store!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    What gets me is the amount of time spent cutting, sorting, planning and then the HOURS spent in the grocery store. I love couponing and I love deals, but I'd rather spend time with my kids then 5 hours in a grocery store!
    I'm guessing that it's
    all about the hunt,
    all about the kill (deal)
    all about the thrill
    all about the money saved.

I think it may be addictive after a while.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Yes this the J'amie we are talking about who buys stuff that doesn't match up with her coupons.
    I see that they are really trashing her on YouTube and on Facebook. This is getting pretty viscous.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

More Malox, big whoop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:16 AM.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

OK i watched last night... the twins well they did the free stuff for there birthday, and i say good for that..but what was up with the diapers? neither one has any kids.. (little weird to me..but whatever floats there boat) and to bring the guy back...he is a hoarder to me, why in the heck do you need to build a room on for toothpaste? he will never use that much in his life time. and what money is saved when you have to build on to your home to stockpile toothpaste??? I think I will skip next week it's turning out to be a food hoarder show..not money saving craze!!!
    sorry to make ppl mad but that's my opinion!!

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

We thought the toothpaste guy was "The Pudding Guy", but apparently he isn't. Did you ever seen that one? http://www.snopes.com/business/deals/pudding.asp

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbear609 View Post
    OK i watched last night... the twins well they did the free stuff for there birthday, and i say good for that..but what was up with the diapers? neither one has any kids.. (little weird to me..but whatever floats there boat) and to bring the guy back...he is a hoarder to me, why in the heck do you need to build a room on for toothpaste? he will never use that much in his life time. and what money is saved when you have to build on to your home to stockpile toothpaste??? I think I will skip next week it's turning out to be a food hoarder show..not money saving craze!!!
    sorry to make ppl mad but that's my opinion!!
    They probably donated the diapers, but if they didn't, I don't think diapers go bad. And Nathan does donate, tons and tons and tons of stuff to his church. Remember that they're asked to keep all these items so TLC can film it, it's the shock value they're going for. In reality his garage does not look like that. But, if it IS sitting in his garage for a while, I'm sure it's simply because the church does not have room for everything in their small pantry and he donates it as needed.

He's not a hoarder, he's just being asked to make it look like he is for entertainment value. And I'm sure he didn't build a separate room JUST for toothpaste. Again, twisting and prodding the story a little to make him look crazy. They were probably going to build that room anyway.

The show isn't a money saving anything, otherwise it would be a tutorial. It's basically showing other people getting lots of stuff for no money, but it doesn't teach you anything. I don't think it's hoarding since they're not hoarders, but they surely aren't teaching you anything.

EDIT: *Sigh*... I wish they wouldn't show shelf clearing.
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 10:21 AM.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I want to know why Nathan bought more toothpaste for the charity packs???? Geez, all he had to do is grab one of his cases from his toothpaste wall.....to me, that doesn't make sense....

If Extreme Couponing's episodes continue to be the same thing week, after week, its gonna be boring...they should teach viewers in more detail...or this show will end up like Hoarders.....loosing its spark~ week after week, Hoarders risk loosing their kids & houses, dead animals found in the piles, the city is after them because of the yards & living conditions....they need to do different things IMO, showing different aspects of the disease or do an episode on how to catch yourself before you become a Hoarder & get early intervention...I don't know, I'm blabbing on here....

Wrinkles
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone watch Extreme couponing last night? What do you think of the show? I think it is no doubt extreme. See all the toothpaste that the shopper was storing in his special toothpaste room. Gotta love him, he was very giving!

Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread Information