User Tag List

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree2781Likes

Thread: Canning Pics, Feel free to post yours!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Oh yum! Those are one of my favorites Patty!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I got into it last week. Slowly but surely .
    Made berry jam, pickles , radish and baby onion marinade (thank god it was a test it was nasty) and canned a 30lbs case of italian tomatoes .

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

They look so pretty Tasha!!! You have been busy.
    tasha313 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    They look so pretty Tasha!!! You have been busy.
    Thank you That's what happens when you work on call .. and you don't get called lol

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Here is what i made for dinner... i used ether dehydrated or canned items for the entire meal. (i don't think we have showed just how to use these dehydrated items yet) I wasn't feeling well today and this turned out to be a 5 mins of prep meal because i planned ahead with food storage!
    Kitty77 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

heyhey, I hit the jar 1008 of the year 2013 yesterday when I have done the relish for the year. People knowing me, know also that is normal for me. I will hit between 1500-1800 jars by the end of the year. I still have to do meat meal for the lunch school, chick peas, red kidney bean, apple sauce and pineapple.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Way to go! (Now you see why i say 2010ontest is the guru!) I am wishing i have some of your energy right now!
    cath007 likes this.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

The red pepper salsa looks SO good
    cath007 and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    heyhey, I hit the jar 1008 of the year 2013 yesterday when I have done the relish for the year. People knowing me, know also that is normal for me. I will hit between 1500-1800 jars by the end of the year. I still have to do meat meal for the lunch school, chick peas, red kidney bean, apple sauce and pineapple.
    That's amazing !!! I wish I had the energy to do this .. And also room to store all that ..
    That's a huge startup investment for the containers I imagine ..

Is it possible to can meat sauce ?
    cath007 and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    That's amazing !!! I wish I had the energy to do this .. And also room to store all that ..
    That's a huge startup investment for the containers I imagine ..

Is it possible to can meat sauce ?
    I have some pressure canner to do meat sauce and veggies without vinegar or marinated. Many people on that forum have huge stockpile for many item they got for free with coupon... I don't have that kind of huge stockpile of smellies, resolve, or any other. My major stockpile at home is my walk-in for my preserve, right beside the table of the kitchen. I have in that walk-in thousand of jars, many glass gallon recycled from the past work of my mom, plastic pail recycled from resto/business of friends. For the mason jar, I've got many for free from friends, centre d'entraide and kijiji. I only bough some very specific size with wide mouth for some production and because they are hard to have for free or close to free. Honestly I may have bough 400 jars in the past 12 years, but get all the other for free. Just today I came back from my neighbor with 12 liters (5kg) of raspberry for free (I only have to pick them), so I will freeze some and do some raspberry sauce to be canned this afternoon.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post
    The red pepper salsa looks SO good
    Thank you! We went through 14 jars of it this year... i need to can up another dozen when i find the amazing deals where red peppers are $1lb... My red pepper salsa is unique... it has no tomatoes in it.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Tomorrow I am buying slicing and salting my cukes to make more bread and butter pickles and sliced dill pickles and maybe some relish too! On Friday i have to can them up in the morning (so easy with the prep work done!) then i am off to mom's to help her pull beats... she will get dad to wash them and on sunday we will make sweet pickled beets! What are you guys canning this week?

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Hi Ladies! I was at the St Jacobs farmers market this past weekend and bought a flat of berries, and half bushel of peaches. Made strawberry pie filling (I'm not a big jam fan) after scoring some clear jel at a local Mennonite store. Lost some berries due to being overripe (they are now pureed in the freezer for smoothies) and lost a jar of filling that exploded in the canner. My first lost jar.. But I have 4 beautiful jars of pie filling, I can't bear to put them away yet 'cause I just like looking at them. Crazy?

Last night I canned the peaches, ended up with 8 quart jars, plus a little leftover in the fridge. Tried canning in a diluted juice mix, instead of syrup.. we'll see how they turned out. Again, they looked pretty on the counter this morning as I was leaving for work!

Will update with some pictures tonite.. Hoping to pick up a 10lb bag of beets at RCSS, they were out on the weekend and I'd love to put up some beets... Patty, or Cheeky, would you care to share your recipe? I'm not looking forward to the peeling, but can't wait to bite into them!
    Mystic and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Try putting your beets in the oven in a roasting pan. Wash them well, put in roasting pan and cover. Bake for 1hr at 350. The skins slide right off under cold water. Slice or dice and put in sterilized jars and fill the jars with your favourite hot brine (mine is sweet spiced), remove air bubbles, wipe top and close jars with lids and screw bands that have been boiled. Water bath for amount of time suggested for your altitude...usually 10min is good.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by crAZy4dEAls View Post
    Try putting your beets in the oven in a roasting pan. Wash them well, put in roasting pan and cover. Bake for 1hr at 350. The skins slide right off under cold water. Slice or dice and put in sterilized jars and fill the jars with your favourite hot brine (mine is sweet spiced), remove air bubbles, wipe top and close jars with lids and screw bands that have been boiled. Water bath for amount of time suggested for your altitude...usually 10min is good.
    Actually, beets need to be processed for a much longer than 10 min because they're so dense. Minimum processing time for beet pickles (pints or quarts) is 30 minutes: http://nchfp.uga.edu/how/can_06/pickled_beets.html
    Angela273 and cheekysaver like this.

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information