User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Advice on tablets please...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It comes down to price. The playbook is good for general browsing or playing games. (you can play android games on playbook by side loading) i'm using my playbook now typing this. I would get an android tablet...but if the price is too much,a pb is a good option.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have the ipad 3 and we just purchased both our boys the samsung galaxy tablets for christmas scored a great deal 199 for each we have been playing around with them and they seem really great! plus we bought them each generic cases that come with the key board so they can use them like a laptop at school!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have been looking all week for a nexus 10 online all sold out.i live in sudbury also on sick leave so my shopping is limited PLEASE my canucks if someone knows where i could get one please let me know
    would be so much appreciated
    thank you

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Got myself a 32GB PB, not bad for the price ($150). Sometimes native apps crash which is a pain but if you're patient and willing, its not bad. I wanted something cheap for email and reading textbooks (in pdfs) from it. Like others said, you can easily get android aps and sideload it (gotta convert them but that's pretty simple - not all convert properly though). If you have a blackberry cellphone, you can use blackberry bridge to connect your cell to your tablet. I love being able to type on my cellphone than on the a touch screen. :] If not, there's the new Nexus 7, but its an ~$100 extra for the 32GB versions. A lot of my friends have it and I've looked through it and I think it's really nice. Good luck!
    wanna join me in making some extra spending money? :] http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparked

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Simply put, ipad over priced, BB Playbook and HP are hit and miss as there promisses of updates leave many leary as BB fans love the playbook ( android port is not all it was promised to be ), then you got the god asus transformer can do alot and samsung tablets.

DO a local search on kijiji, buy used why new ( save $ ).... asus can be gotten for 300-450 used and samsung galaxy's for 200-350( Some even BNIB ).

And if your looking at budget, again why not get another netbook at $150-250.......
    Last edited by theguyz; Fri, Dec 7th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What are the advantages to owning a tablet? Apart from the single fact that I want one, that is. They don't seem that convenient to being portable because of their size (or weight for some). I would have thought that tablets would remove the need for some devices, but everyone I know owns a smartphone (or Ipod Touch if they don't need a phone), an electronic reader like Kindle because it's easier on the eyes, as well as a tablet.

Apart from the better resolution for watching movies, I can't think of anything that isn't already available in smaller format. Anyone else have a different insight?
    Dee09 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want a tablet for the simple fact that it is bigger. When I am looking at my phone or my ipod, I find that I am squinting my eyes because there is a strain on them from the smaller size of the device. I have less issue with my computer, but I want an item that I can take with me that is smaller than my laptop, weighs less and that is more functional than my iphone. I also do not like having so many different devices. I would rather have one or two than for or 5....the more adaptable it is, the better.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

well i have a dumb phone, so i need a tablet. really, i do :D
    Dee09 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Blackberry Playbook and like it. It doesn't have nearly as many programs (apps) as Android or Apple tablets, but it's pretty good.

You might want to wait for Boxing Week sales for the Playbook, especially.
    I can see it going down to about $99 for the 32GB version.
    anisa likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just recently bought the Playbook and I like it. I use it when I don't feel like squinting at my Iphone screen. Lol. I use it mainly for surfing and reading downloaded books. I'm not much of an app person so not having a large selection of apps is not an issue for me. I still have yet to try sideloading Android apps but I'm glad that I do have that option if I wanted more apps.
    Dee09 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just went online to TheSource and ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for $149! Best price I've seen ever. Staples and Best Buy have them at the same price, but Staples is sold out here, BB still has a few. I ordered it online to go through the Air Miles portal and get Air Miles with it.
    operabob likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

nexus 7 is not bad. i think they have another nexus tablet come out soon
    Please use My Orange Key: 14665257S1 for opening an Tangerine account
    $50 Koodo bill credit bonus refer Click here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The best buy for the money seems to be the 32 GB Nexus 7 which is about $270 in most places. The Ipad mini is a bit better especially the screen but you will spend about significantly more for it. 32 GB is a nice amount of memory.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Galaxy Tab 2 is best and latest tab in this time which is good and not so costly .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have a BB playbook and rarely use it. I think I've used it about 15 times since I got it last year. I'm looking at getting an Ipad as it seems to have everything I need in a tablet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information