User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: Ok, let's be honest here...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    I suck at spending money on myself and don't really like getting presents. I'm tough to shop for too. Love to give gifts though...

I think my favourite present was from my cousin Pete, when he was three and a half. His mom took him shopping for me and they went to Pier One. He knew I drank coffee and told his mom he wanted "a really big mug so she can have lots every day because she loves it" and then made sure it was a red one "because that's the colour love is and I love her so much, almost as much as you, Mommy".

I got all choked up when he told me after I unwrapped it - it's just a plain big red mug, but over 15 years later, it's still a story I think of every time I have my morning coffee. Huge "AWWWWW" factor.
    Awe!
    I bet you remind him often, eh? heh
    i_forget likes this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Awe!
    I bet you remind him often, eh? heh
    Maybe a little, now that he's 20 and there are opportunities to embarrass him in front of the gaggle of girls around him all the time.
    Judstir likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Well, my selfishness calls for a "sexy makeover". Tired of my "mom" clothes! I need some new clothes to wear with my stilettos! Also on the menu is a haircut/colour, manicure/pedicure, time with friends and I really really want a gym membership again!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I like giving and also receiving gifts..........We got rub a few years back and they took everything from us and i mean everything.
    So again this year i want a nice white gold ring from WM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would love a new north face parka...haven't gotten a winter coat in 12 years. I would also like an ipad, new tv, couch set, nice camera...you did say if money was no object right?
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Don't need anything this year.
    Bought a 2013 Explorer back in July...almost done paying for it. That I guess was a gift to myself.

We are going to Florida in Feb...probably buy a lot of stuff down at the malls there.
    Matt

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Love all the posts!

I'm also a big lush fan but I usually wait until Boxing Day and then stock up. They usually do B1G2 on all seasonal products and B1G1 on boxed sets. Of course they are usually cleaned out within a couple of hours so get there early if you want to get the good stuff!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Love all the posts!

I'm also a big lush fan but I usually wait until Boxing Day and then stock up. They usually do B1G2 on all seasonal products and B1G1 on boxed sets. Of course they are usually cleaned out within a couple of hours so get there early if you want to get the good stuff!
    Good Idea!!
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I loved buying gifts for the family, the only problem is now that they are older, married with families of their own, I find it so hard to buy for them. People nowadays seem to have everything they need and more, so usually end up giving money for trips etc. I do like to receive gifts but don't ever know what to say when people ask me what would you like for Christmas. Seems like we have everything we need as well. The best gift I ever got was when I was 11 years old. I wanted a pair of nice white figure skates as we always had boy's skates to wear and a cousin of ours from eastern Ontario came to visit in the fall and he gave my mother money to buy us gifts before he left and she bought me the white skates. I was the happiest little girl until I started tripping over the picks on the toes. (lol) Took me quite a while to learn to skate with them.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I know this will seem weird but if I got this (pic below) I'd be super happy!

I saw a copy hanging in a little store years ago and I think of it often and always smile when I do. Totally silly but I love it! Would love a copy in a nice frame to put up in our hallway.

Michael Sowa's "When Pigs Fly"

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When people ask me what I would like for Christmas,I have a difficult time coming up with ideas. I always say practical things like grocery gc, bus tickets etc. I like giving to others.

I'm thinking this year I would like something frivilous such as a gift card towards a spa treatment. A massage or pedicure, manicure etc. I'm having surgery soon and will need time to recover. So something relaxing would be nice when I'm healed up.
    Last edited by toban; Mon, Nov 19th, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If my recent shopping experience is any indication, I'd say I've learned over the years to be pretty good to myself, although I equally love spoiling those I love. I do leave hints for b'days, v'days etc, but for Christmas I pretty much let them figure it out for themselves, and they usually get it right. If not, there's always the post Christmas sales.
    Ladies....it's a time to be a little impractical...post pics of your hearts desire on your fridges...your wishes may come true!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would love a white Christmas

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by McSkier View Post
    Sorry, but this is one post I can't "like" LOL

One thing I have always wanted is a trip to New York City at Christmas time!!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

this is so funny to me... i don't know where you live but clearly it is not the prairies... I live in Winnipeg, we have never not had a white Christmas...we already have a ton of snow!

Quote Originally Posted by McSkier View Post
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information