User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went to my favourite SDM last night and was chit chatting with the cashier while checking out. She knows about the redemption this weekend and not looking forward to it. Asked her about the $250 and she said it's coming, maybe in 2 or 3 weeks, so take it anyway you want it. Saving my points, not redeeming this weekend.
    anisa, uanoor, cushiebunny and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I have for only one redemption, if it will confirmed during this week that there will be mega redemption again in Dec. can stop myself as will love extra more $40, otherwise its like now or never. LOL. (My dd is continually bugging and begging for 3ds, last year she is doing same for wii).
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeh and I noticed during the year on 20 X days PS3 and Xbox etc with $50 gift card and bonus points (that I say cash back) were virtually dirt cheap, no one can even get a used one at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    I only buy sale items at shoppers which, especially when combined with coupons, are often cheaper than other stores. I only buy things I need, like milk and bread, and shop as often as possible during 20x events. I make an effort to buy electronic purchases at SDM during 20x events but only if price is equivalent to other stores. In fact, I bought my son a ps vita for his birthday at SDM in the summer for $15 less than it was offered at any other store (trust me, I checked.) I also received 20x the points on that purchase which came to about 45000 points. Those points are getting me $70 worth of FREE stuff this weekend. There is no other store that offers rewards like SDM does. When I redeem my points it is free. Ofcourse I earned the points but what do I get in return when buying these things at Walmart?? What would Walmart give me this weekend if I had bought my son's PS Vita there four months ago???
    kidsteph and nash0109 like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sisyphe View Post
    If it's true they could cancel a redemption event last year based on events that happened only 3 weeks before, and cancel next week's mega redemption barely over a week ago, I don't think they have the flyers for the whole month printed yet. If their stores are overflowing with stock after this weekend, I think it could influence whether there is a mega redemption, so holding out might improve the odds. For all we know, they might specifically be testing the waters with this event to see whether it is sufficient or whether to go ahead with a mega redemption.

They didn't cancel this weekends "mega" redemption...there never was one. You can't cancel something that never existed.
    It was just rumours!

Cancel a redemption last year? I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    most stores actually have their flyers printed and sales ready 6 months in advance.
    I learned that when I was working for Metro/Dominion.
    Yep, I can tell you now our work promos for the next year, but we can add or change them with as little as a few weeks notice
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of the first reports on here was from someone whose aunt, an SDM manager, was in on a conference call during which the Mega was "cancelled."

It's not unlikely that promos could be changed three weeks ahead of time. While flyers are no doubt planned and laid out long in advance -- they have to be, for buying and stocking purposes -- they may not actually be printed until days before distribution. (Do large retailers have warehouses filled with flyers for the next six months?)

Remember, the best redemption so far this year was the "exclusive" Spend Your Points and Get Points Back deal on a Tuesday in July (65,000 = $170), which wasn't in the flyer but announced by email the Sunday before (already a SYP weekend). These email coupon promos can be dropped in at any time. So if this weekend's Not-Mega event doesn't achieve SDM's targets (they know how many points are out there, and must have an idea how many they would like to buy back), who knows what might come next?
    Last edited by renegado; Wed, Nov 28th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cushiebunny View Post
    Oh man, we should start up a major RAOK for Santa then, after all he has given so much if himself to us all over the years.
    What is he rumored to be rehabing from?
    Anger management issues. I knew it's true because I used to work there as Christmas help every year until I was 7. (My co-worker were intimated by my height I think)
    He gets ticked every "Movember cuz he can't grow one since he has one and the Missus won't let him shave it off " She says it tickles her thighs. So long story short. He's not as Jolly as you think.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Now I really don't know
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sisyphe likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, if there's going to be another redemption event, might as well hold out. Worst case, it will be a regular $200 bonus redemption and we lose $10 by waiting. Best case, it's the mega we've all been waiting for and we get $40 more than this one.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

But the reps are often wrong
    cushiebunny likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Very often
    Insane likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I think that facebook statement is in fact about this weekends redemption. Rep says they have an announcement to make next day..next day they post this weekends redemption. Thats what i get from it..but i could be wrong.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

there will be a MEGA REDEMPTION then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy now lets start the rumor and i can have SDM just for me tomorrow...Just kidding

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    I think that facebook statement is in fact about this weekends redemption. Rep says they have an announcement to make next day..next day they post this weekends redemption. Thats what i get from it..but i could be wrong.
    thats exactly what I thought. The email was sent on tuesday - ie before we were supposed to even know about the redemption on dec 1-2. So the reason they never answered her question was two-fold. First, she shouldn't even know about the dec 1-2 redemption, and second, why would SDM need to tell her about another redemption weeks in advance?

The reply to me seems to me that SDM was going to reveal the dec1-2 redemption stuff the 'next day' because that would be when the flyers were available.

There will not be another bonus redemption this year is my guess. It's up to everyone else to decide what they want to do with there points.I always spend points at the 200 level, so what stops me from doing it at the 210 level. Just because its not 250?
    kidsteph and peachies like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am redeeming for $210 as well - there are sales that match up with what we need to stock up on so good deal for us.

last year Dec 3rd was mega $250 - this year SYP $210

last year Dec 10th was 20x WUS $75 almost anything - looks like the same for Dec 8th this year

last year Dec 17th there was no promo - I will be very curious to see what they do this year for the Dec 15th weekend. Like others have suggested it may have a lot do with sales/redemptions this weekend.

Time will tell .........

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information