User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    The only reason I got GCs was to try and get enough for a PS3 on mega :-( hopefully it goes on sale for $199. But since its redemption, I doubt it.
    Yup- I think they suckered a lot of people in with that one.
    carlyincanada likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

It would be pretty disappointing

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I've noticed a fe SDM around me have posted signs up saying no returns on electronics.
    We did buy one and they reminded us no returns.
    Even if we paid and immediately found a problem with it we wouldn't be able to return it.

These 2 locations have previously allowed electronic returns.
    It will certainly be a factor in my shopping.
    Not being able to return a defective item is rediculous.

So whatever this redemption is I think I will just empty out my points. Sdm is becoming less appealing with each passing month since last December.
    anisa and carlyincanada like this.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Well, that is sucky. That $40 difference equals 1 refill box of formula for babe. But really, I shouldn't complain. I will take the extra $ and be grateful.
    kidsteph and peachies like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If they nerf mega redemption this year, they better have some good sales in the flyer at least. I'm not wasting my redemption on overpriced goods, especially when they just had 3 better redemptions back in June, July, and September. If there're no big items on sale, I'll just do the lowest redemption and stock up on food that's on sale and hope for better redemptions to return next year.
    renegado and Poirot like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    So whatever this redemption is I think I will just empty out my points. Sdm is becoming less appealing with each passing month since last December.
    I think I'm in the same boat.
    Lesley73 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I already spent a lot less at SDM this year due to issues last year, they are doing nothing to encourage me to spend more there again
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

only $210 for 95k, why they are doing like these and discouraging people to not shop at shoppers, very bad marketing, i have spent a lotttttt less at shoppers from last year, they sure need a better marketing team and a better computer program
    carlyincanada likes this.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People are right to be disappointed. Based on the last two years' Mega redemptions, some people have increased their shopping at SDM and saved their points for Christmas. They may wind up redeeming their points at a lower value than they thought the points would be worth when they bought them (and we do buy our points, let's not forget). This works out well for SDM in the near term, but disappointing your customers is never a good marketing strategy.

In point value, 95,000/$210 will be only the fourth best offer of 2012. Disappointing, indeed. Oh, well. We can't take our Optimum points to another store. Have to take whatever we can get for them.

If SDM is hurting -- which is what cheaping out on Christmas looks like -- slashing year-end bonuses in the marketing department would have been the smarter thing to do.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No we cant take them to another store, but we can choose to spend a lot less at SDM next year as many of us did this year
    We all factor in the redemption factor when shopping at SDM because their prices are higher, I can go to Walmart, price match to wherever and not get points but likely have the money for a "redemption" in my bank account at the end of the year
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

They have had so many fiascos overthe past yr. I have not seen any othercompany make so many mistakes.
    There is certainly something wrong with their management
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    No we cant take them to another store, but we can choose to spend a lot less at SDM next year as many of us did this year
    We all factor in the redemption factor when shopping at SDM because their prices are higher, I can go to Walmart, price match to wherever and not get points but likely have the money for a "redemption" in my bank account at the end of the year
    exactly
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am going to do 2 redemptions next weekend if it is 95K for $210 and there is a matching amount of sale grocery items that I need to stock. We are low on everything so shouldn't be hard for us. I get a four month supply of items at a time and have never had an issue with my card being frozen so hopefully that will not happen.

And then I will be very curious to see what the Dec 8th promo is.... anything could still happen

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This just goes to show you NOT to buy things just because you'll get points. You always have to factor in if you need the item and what the price is elsewhere. Best thing to do is to know your prices and that way, this really IS free. I'm disappointed as well but I also know I didn't just shop for things just to get points.
    carlyincanada and Poirot like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_D View Post
    I am going to do 2 redemptions next weekend if it is 95K for $210 and there is a matching amount of sale grocery items that I need to stock. We are low on everything so shouldn't be hard for us. I get a four month supply of items at a time and have never had an issue with my card being frozen so hopefully that will not happen.

And then I will be very curious to see what the Dec 8th promo is.... anything could still happen
    Are we expecting something good on the 8th?

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information