User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

When I bought my sons PS3 game it was suppose to have the Bonus points with it, the manager was manually adjusting mine and happened to have a paper with her that showed the store price (59.99) and their price (54.99) So I made a comment that they made no money on that sale as they were giving away 5k in points and I used a 20x coupon. They did get an extra $20 from me when I bought the PS3 console. I bought it when it wasn't on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    Interesting point especially when you consider the electronics sale this weekend. Electronics have almost no markup at all. Off brands (Coby, etc; ) aren't bad but XBoxes, PS3s and the Vitas have virtually nothing. It does lend some credibility to the rumour that the glitch wasn't exactly a glitch. Next weeks flyer, on the other hand, has a ton of Life brand on sale.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh don't worry, they're getting their money out of you one way or another. It doesn't matter where you go- the mark up on electronics is negligible. It's why when you go to commission stores like Future Shop they don't particularly care how much money you want to spend on a laptop, but they sure as hell are going to push the cables and service plans that are just pure profit for them.
    carlyincanada likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    anyone think there is a slight chance that since the Mega redemption last year (that's what SDM advertised it as I believe) was the second week of Dec (again I believe that's when it happened) that mayeb SDM is just offering this "Spend you points" promo to get people to cash in their points beofre the Mega redemption?????

This is the dates and promo details from last year's event...Spend Your Points. We do seem to refer to it as a Mega Bonus...maybe some of their promos refer to it that way too, but not the graphic they used. http://www.monctoncouponlady.com/201...-event-of.html
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

My plans have changed for this redemption too. I think I'll do one redemption and keep the rest for the new years.

Not years shopping habits will change though. I didn't mind paying a little more per item (less than .25) to get the points, however now I'll just pocket the quarter and do my own 'redemption' elsewhere!

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

My store manager has just confirmed with me that this is the mega redemption and yes it's not as nice as last year. I'm not complaining. I saved my points all year and a Christmas shopping I will go on Saturday!!!!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm going out on Sat. I planned to get all my shopping done regardless - Its free except taxes. I do now have enough for 3 redemptions but I only ever planned to do one anyway. If there is another soon - I might redeem for a camera or something. Still happy that there is an option for me to get many presents done and still have money in my pocket instead of spending over $200.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

When all my points are added from gift cards and an extra 20x coupon I should have enough for 4 redemptions. I think I will do one and get some stocking stuffer things and then the rest in grocery or household items.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found the thread from last year for the mega/bonus(?) redemption that was supposed to happen right before x-mas and got cancelled (supposedly due to the early December mega redemption being too successful): http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/260937-...3-24-a-canada/ Maybe if we withhold redeeming at this redemption and it's not successful that will give them extra motivation to do a mega redemption later in December this year. Also, someone in that thread mentioned there had been a bonus redemption in late December 2010, even after they had a mega redemption in early December that year, so it's not as though it's not without precedent to have 2 redemption events in December.
    deskittles likes this.

Ilovecoupons!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hope this "Mega Redemption" isn't as successful as they're hoping it is and they decide to add a real MEGA redemption on the Dec 15th weekend. Lots of baby product bonus point coupons are expiring on Dec 14th (from what I've rec'd) so perhaps they did this because there's another redemption coming!
    Wanna Join WagJag? àhttp://www.wagjag.com/?wid=32ea912f41ea7fd17f7c8a136779b461<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Wanna Join Groupon? àhttp://www.groupon.com/r/uu20943525<o:p></o:p>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

PEOPLE...the December flyers are PRINTED.

If they have something else planned its going to happen if people shop or don't shop this weekend.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I'll take the $210 redemption this weekend...if I wait I need to use $40 in coupons with $170 regular redemption. So will just be happy to get a few Christmas gifts for free lol

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I'm just anxious for the grocery flyer as that will be where the bulk of purchases will come from.

I already have everything from last year with the prices they were at that time in my shopping app that I use, so I can adjust that accordingly. I will likely pay little to no taxes on my redemption this year compared to last year, so in the end, the loss of the $40 from this years $210 to last years $250 will likely balance out for me. Last year there were quite a few items that I picked up which had taxes, and this year almost nothing will have taxes at all

Happy shopper
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I haven't been shopping so much at SDM for a while so my pts. are going so slow. Remind me again what is Mega redemption and is it the event that is slated for Dec. 2?

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I sure had a good laugh reading the first few pages omg!!! Had tears rolling down my face lol. SDM sure gets under our skin!!

In the grand scheme of things there are more serious problems in the world .
    anisa, kidsteph, Koolaid and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmom View Post
    I haven't been shopping so much at SDM for a while so my pts. are going so slow. Remind me again what is Mega redemption and is it the event that is slated for Dec. 2?
    Dec 01 and 02....max is? $210 for 95,000 points and $105 for 50,000 and a smaller one I can't remember lol

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information