User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm pretty happy with the flyer, and I don't think there will be another redemption this year. when I signed up for my card, I signed up expecting that 95k would get me $170 and spent accordingly, so I'm very happy with $210! most of christmas and a food bank donation paid for thanks to optimum points!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I"m redeeming as planned this weekend.
    Frankly we need the supplies due to Christmas and money going elsewhere!
    $210 + $105 will do our house well including some additions to my spca donation just in time for the holidays.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    thats exactly what I thought. The email was sent on tuesday - ie before we were supposed to even know about the redemption on dec 1-2. So the reason they never answered her question was two-fold. First, she shouldn't even know about the dec 1-2 redemption, and second, why would SDM need to tell her about another redemption weeks in advance?

The reply to me seems to me that SDM was going to reveal the dec1-2 redemption stuff the 'next day' because that would be when the flyers were available.

There will not be another bonus redemption this year is my guess. It's up to everyone else to decide what they want to do with there points.I always spend points at the 200 level, so what stops me from doing it at the 210 level. Just because its not 250?
    I agree, but the email sent asks will there be one AFTER the Dec 1-2 one though (and they removed this from their page)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i remember last year there is one more mega redemption after Christmas may be this year also
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Well since no one knows IF we will have another redemption this year and 210 is only slightly better than the 200 they have offered many times before I think I will decide based on the weather on Sunday and if it's nice I will do one redemption, if it's bad I'll stay home and keep me and my points safe for another day.
    SFARAZ likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyPenny View Post
    Why do so many people say it is free when you paid for it by buying stuff that is higher priced than most places? It is definitely not free. These bonus points are EARNED!
    Some folks only pay the lowest price possible (even lower than Walmart) at SDM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    Some folks only pay the lowest price possible (even lower than Walmart) at SDM.
    Thank you! My thoughts exactly. Didn't realize I would get my hand slapped for calling it 'free money'. I wear very little make-up (haven't bought any since last Mega Redemption in 2011), don't buy perfumes or hardly any electronics. When I get the flyer, I look mainly at the top page deals, food section, and any bonus points offers...as well as keeping track of BP coupons. I mainly buy groceries/TP/pop, and cheap toiletries (shampoo, deo., etc.). I pay the same or less than I would at other stores, so at the end of the year, when I spend all these points, I do see it as 'free money'.

It is 'earned' in the sense that I 'worked the sales' and matched up my coupons...but I do that anyways.

Anyways, weather you see it as 'free' or 'hard-earned' money...it is tough to decide how to spend such a sum at one time! Even if it is on groceries & toiletries...not spending a dime of it on myself but I do get a satisfied feeling have the cupboards & closets well-stocked.
    uanoor, mydusty, SFARAZ and 10 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

yeh it was in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFARAZ View Post
    i remember last year there is one more mega redemption after Christmas may be this year also
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Nexus 7 ASUS tablet, 269.99
    Environmental fees, 1.65
    Less $10 WUS $50 savings card stuck on the SDM booklet in my flyer bag
    Less $10 savings card from last week's promo
    Redeemed 95000($210)
    OOP 82.32
    rachel1496, Koolaid, Decaf and 1 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I agree, but the email sent asks will there be one AFTER the Dec 1-2 one though (and they removed this from their page)
    That was what I was thinking... but I figured SDM typically gives the right answer to the wrong question sometimes! lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Nexus 7 ASUS tablet, 269.99
    Environmental fees, 1.65
    Less $10 WUS $50 savings card stuck on the SDM booklet in my flyer bag
    Less $10 savings card from last week's promo
    Redeemed 95000($210)
    OOP 82.32
    Nice... I haven't seen any at my shoppers, wasn't looking for it in particular, but would have noticed it. Was at 3 different SDM today and redeemed at each. Took until the 3rd one before I saw any Wii U games!

If I can ever find the Nexus 7, I might pick it up on a 20x points day or something. Although at 250 redemption I'd for sure redeem for one.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

It started appearing last week and it looks like it's one per store. DH is a happy camper and DS is a happy camper because he gets DH's Blackberry Playbook hand me down.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sat, Dec 1st, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lol, I guess Shoppers must have called my cell when I went to bed early the other night, but they did indeed leave a message trying to entice me to come spend my points this weekend. The only two times they have done this before were at the bonus redemptions in May right before the June super redemptions, so now I'm feeling even more enthusiastic that there's going to be a better redemption in a few weeks and that this redemption is just an attempt to get us to use up our points first.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SFARAZ View Post
    There was NO mega redemption after Christmas last year.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyPenny View Post
    There was NO mega redemption after Christmas last year.
    I agree there wasn't 2 last Dec, but I think maybe 2 or 3 years ago there was 2 in Dec, I doubt they'll do that again.
    kidsteph likes this.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information