User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There were two redemption events in December 2010. In December 2011 there were supposed to be two but the second one got cancelled.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Considering my mom is leaving the country well before Christmas and I would hate to stress over getting Christmas gifts late, I am redeeming all my points this weekend for gifts. Sure, I could luck out with $40 higher of a redemption later and kick myself, but I don't know at this point if it's worth the stress for me. I will take what I can get.
    - Couponing since May 27, 2011 -
    I earned enough swagbucks to redeem for a $5 Amazon e-gift card in my first week of joining
    ! JOIN SWAGBUCKS

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miabee View Post
    Considering my mom is leaving the country well before Christmas and I would hate to stress over getting Christmas gifts late, I am redeeming all my points this weekend for gifts. Sure, I could luck out with $40 higher of a redemption later and kick myself, but I don't know at this point if it's worth the stress for me. I will take what I can get.
    There's a value in knowing that you have what you needed and you got it in time. I fully admit that I have been known to pay more for something just because the stress wasn't worth the extra money for me.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    I agree there wasn't 2 last Dec, but I think maybe 2 or 3 years ago there was 2 in Dec, I doubt they'll do that again.
    Wasn't the 2010 one done because they were changing the point value on January 1st and were giving people a chance to redeem before then or am I thinking of something else?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes I think it was, but since the levels are different for this redemption it may not follow the 2011 schedule either
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Point values were changed July 1, the Canada Day Optimum Points Massacre, remember?
    DiamondLil and torontogal12 like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh yes it was and there was a 20x on Dec 31 I think, I remember using all my expiries - was that last year or the year before
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

today the manager of an SDM i was at said next weekend is 20x.

no clue if everyone knows about it yet, i haven't been checking the forums for a few days.

sorry if this is repeat info!

i guess they were hoping ppl would buy the nexus tablets then, instead of everyone snatching them up this weekend and redeeming for them! DOH!
    Last edited by anisa; Sun, Dec 2nd, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
    r0c0upons likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

yep, 20x wus $75
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    Point values were changed July 1, the Canada Day Optimum Points Massacre, remember?
    Was it? All I remember was that it happened when my sister's mother in law was down and she only comes at Christmas and 2 weeks in the summer so I guess it must have been a summer visit.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We might get another redemption, if enough people didn't redeem this Dec event.
    Have they ever had a Jan $200 Redemption? It tends to be worst month of year for sales.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i guess they were hoping ppl would buy the nexus tablets then, instead of everyone snatching them up this weekend and redeeming for them! DOH!
    I think at 20x points, it makes it still just as great of a purchase (maybe even better)... 20x points on 270$ is 54000 points - which even at 170$ redemption is worth just under 100$. Same goes for other electronics, wii u, etc. 20x points days are the 2nd best days of the year to shop at SDM.

Unfortunately all the nexus7 will probably be gone by then it seems!
    anisa and karissadahl like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ yeah but some ppl might be more in the mood for redeeming for it, rather than paying for it out of pocket, even with all the math

and yes, i am pretty sure they will be mostly gone. now to see if they will have it in the flyer.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread Information