• 1 Post By rngirl87
  • 2 Post By gourmetsue
  • 1 Post By icangarden
  • 1 Post By Bubbelinchen
  • 1 Post By Katyana

Thread: Aerogarden

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not sure if this is the right place to post... but just wondering if any of you have an aerogarden, and if so, how do you like it? I bought my mother one for Christmas but am not entirely sure if I will keep it or return and get her something else...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    PammieD likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I have two of them! I got one as a present a while ago and I love it. I've grown all sorts of herbs and lettuce in it. I bought one for DH's aunt and she grew flowers in that one but I inherited it when they returned to the UK.

If your mum likes to use fresh herbs / lettuce it's a great thing. If she loves to look at pretty flowers in the dead of winter, also a great thing.

I tried to germinate my own seeds in it last year without much luck though, but I hear people do it. I'd been keen on getting the 7 Pod variety and doing tomatoes in the winter too.

I think if your mum is a gardening type she'll enjoy it. The bulbs and extra kits can get a tad expensive though.
    rngirl87 and PammieD like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Awesome! Thanks. I think I will end up keeping it.. I'm sure she will enjoy, plus I haven't seen them anywhere but Crappy Tire

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I haven't either. You can order replacement pods online and mix and match the ones you like. I found I had a bit of a hard time growing Thyme (no pun intended . But we go through tonnes of basil so I'd order at least 3 of those for my next kit.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Going to check this out....looks interesting. Thanks for posting!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wondered what this was so looked it up.......from the Aerogarden site itself, it seems rather expensive? I'm assuming CT would have better deals?
    How long does it take to grow things in it, such as tomatoes?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I haven't grown tomatoes but I have lettuce in one at the moment and herbs in the other. The Lettuce Seed pods I got at CT for $17.99 for 7 of them. The germination time takes as little as a day in the case of the lettuce. I put the herbs in about a week ago and they thyme has already come up about an inch and the mint , chives and oregano are already sprouting too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i have 2 and love them. i use one for herbs and the other one for catnip(my cats are addicted to fresh catnip, so hey have it in winter as well.) my first aerogarden is alrady 5 years old and this year the waterpump was finally broken, the replacement from the aerogarden would be expensive with shipping, i got a replacement pump from ebay for 1/4 of the money. always check ebay for replacement kits/parts.
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also have a few of the aerogarden 3 pod, although i cut out a pie plate, and now a 3 pod is 7 pod. They work great. I live in Northern ONtario, grow season too short, so this is a great alternative to high prices and short growing seasons
    AMotherOf3 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've always wondered the same thing!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Our DD bought one for my hubby a few years ago and we...okay, HE enjoys playing with it, seeing what grows....he always starts our herbs...sage, basil, thyme, etc....it works perfectly!

Thread Information