User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mvandekuyt View Post
    Here's the new coupon policy everyone has been talking about http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/194986-...ck-out-canada/. It is different than the coupon policy mentioned by Edmonton Christine - it is BETTER! It says it WILL accept competitor's coupons. Anyone brave enough to try a coupon zone one there??
    From what I have watched on Youtube regarding the competitor coupons, they must state the actual price of the item...I may be wrong about this, but it sounds very confusing to me.

Someone posted this in that thread:

"So I did post on several threads that I talked with the lady at Walmart that wrote the copon policy Friday and it was made clear to me that Walmart would be taking the coupon zone $1.00 off coupons as a price match then we could use a manufacture coupon as well....but

on Monday she called me twice to tell me that they were mistaken. I said you made it clear...crystal clear...to me that yes we could take the coupon zone coupons and she said she was mistaken..

Walmart will only price match a coupon if it says "save $1.00 when you use this coupon and then states the final price of the product ie" $2.99 then you can use a manufacture coupon as well

So Coupon Zone coupons from RCSS cannot be used at Walmart so sorry everyone for the "Stacking Opportunity" that I believed exsisted.

I am equally angry at the news as I use a ton of coupons and price match as well. "

_________
    Last edited by EdmontonChristine; Thu, Apr 14th, 2011 at 11:01 PM.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonChristine View Post
    From what I have watched on Youtube regarding the competitor coupons, they must state the actual price of the item...I may be wrong about this, but it sounds very confusing to me....

_________
    Thanks so much for this EdmontonChristine! I totally missed this post - so good to know. I've tried to stack at Superstore with the coupon zone and manufacturer before with success and they gave me overage that applied to my basket purchase. I stopped because of the wording "one coupon per purchase" but others say to try this again so I will next time I am at Superstore. I like how their coupons are similar to ones that are already out! Have you done this at the one on Stoney Plain?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mvandekuyt View Post
    Thanks so much for this EdmontonChristine! I totally missed this post - so good to know. I've tried to stack at Superstore with the coupon zone and manufacturer before with success and they gave me overage that applied to my basket purchase. I stopped because of the wording "one coupon per purchase" but others say to try this again so I will next time I am at Superstore. I like how their coupons are similar to ones that are already out! Have you done this at the one on Stoney Plain?
    No I have not at the Stony Plain Location, I usually goto Millwoods, however there should be no difference amongst the stores. I regularly use the In-Store Coupons at RCSS and a Manufacturer coupon and the cashiers always know exactly what to do without question. In fact only a few weeks ago I was using up the last of my old brandsaver coupons at RCSS and I combined the Secret In store coupon with brandsaver, the cashier had to get an override from a supervisor, and she did a quick look and put them threw, so I can only assume there hasn't been a change.

I see that once one person writes about how they couldn't stack at RCSS that tends to cause a snowball effect of fear-mongering...I usually goto customer service when I arrive if I am stacking and ask, so far no one has said otherwise.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonChristine View Post
    No I have not at the Stony Plain Location, I usually goto Millwoods, however there should be no difference amongst the stores...
    Thanks! I was wondering about it. They have to get an overide for more than $9 of coupons - it's helpful to mention that when she starts to ring you in to save time. I used $20 of coupons on Wednesday!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In regards to using competitors coupons at WM, using coupon zone ones from RCSS wouldn't be allowed because the WM coupon policy I printed off states that you cannot use a competitors coupon if it states dollar / cents off at a specific retailer. On the back of the coupon zone coupons they do say use only at loblaws stores so that would make them unusable at WM. Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understand it to be.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I "tested" out the new WM policy here in the Fort today.
    Well, it took about a half an hour to buy my basket of stuff, but after a manager had to be called 5 times (yes, five! ) I was able to use my $2 coupons on my $1 nivea creams and my Olay $2 coupons towards the travel size $1.57 lotions and got the overage towards my purchase. In the end I paid about $20 for my whole purchase, saving about $25 by using coupons! (there were other coupons I used...toaster strudel, juice, green giant vegetables, etc etc.)
    Anyways, once the manager was called the second time she informed the cashier she was allowed to give me the full value of the coupon and that the difference goes towards the rest of my purchase. She bluntly stated that they would not be giving me cash back but since I was buying other items (milk, bread etc) then the overage would go towards the total.....not exactly what it says in my printed out version of the new policy but I didn't have the time nor energy to argue with her.
    Anyways, I just wanted to share my experience....be prepared to come under some scrutiny from the cashiers on this new policy--they really don't want you to get something for "free"! And then yes, to top it off the same "Have you seen the TLC show Extreme Couponing?" question -- and I politely roll my eyes and then say yes, but I don't really think I'm extreme.

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I used the new policy without a problem. They accepted coupons that had a higher value than the actual item. It was applied towards my overall bill. This was at Clareview.

I was scared to try it so I "cashier profiled" and everything worked out fine.

Still learning
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I tried the PM (price match for the new people) and used a coupon that was for more then the items price. I did receive the money back in my pocket as that was the only item I bought.
    Last edited by Sleepykor; Wed, Apr 20th, 2011 at 01:21 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalkitty View Post
    I used the new policy without a problem. They accepted coupons that had a higher value than the actual item. It was applied towards my overall bill. This was at Clareview.

I was scared to try it so I "cashier profiled" and everything worked out fine.
    I did the same thing tonight at Capilano walmart. No questions asked, and no problems at all.

Trading Score
    123 (98%)

I will be going to terwillegar this weekend. Have to get a whole whack of stuff for the shelter and now that we can apply the overages I am so excited
    I am currently grossly behind on ratings... I promise to catch up asap...life has just become super duper crazy!

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Last weekend the wife and i did wm. All went well other then, s5wub3 any gilette product, they wouldnt take that for gilette satin care cause it wasnt in the picture despite that it says any gilette product. So we just asked her to not ring them in. The rest was good though, wife got new jammies with the difference on the other coupons lol. Cashier even kept saying, oh! You get .50 over this coupon, and things like that.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i tested it out at WM last nite. The cashier was about to enter the coupon value but the CS person was standing behind her so she decided to ask the CS who refused. First she said it doesn't include travel size. Then i politely pointed out that the coupon doesn't that exclusion. Then she said it has to be the one pictured on the coupon. So i told her the coupon spelled out "any". Well, she called other CS over who also refused it then i asked for a manager and she called the manager who came over, read the coupon, and told her it's ok - it's the new coupon policy. The CS said "i didn't know there's a new policy". :D

I saw other threads that some ppl used the st. ives coupon @ WM - does anyone know what and where i can get this st. ives coupon? i think it's $2 st. ives. thx.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

What I dont understand is why people are buying the trial sizes??? I think that really ruins the whole point of couponing. I am sure the companies did not intent to have them used for trial sizes even though they don't specify the size limit. To me that's a little bid of abusing it. I wouldn't feel right using them on the small sizes. I rather go to LD and stack thecoupons for the regular size bottles and end up paying a dollar or so on a reg size bottle

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by biankavarner View Post
    What I dont understand is why people are buying the trial sizes??? I think that really ruins the whole point of couponing. I am sure the companies did not intent to have them used for trial sizes even though they don't specify the size limit. To me that's a little bid of abusing it. I wouldn't feel right using them on the small sizes. I rather go to LD and stack thecoupons for the regular size bottles and end up paying a dollar or so on a reg size bottle
    I don't want to start an argument, but I have to ask...whats the difference between getting a trial size free, or a full size free by stacking? In the end it all works out the same and the company has reimbursed the stores the same amount anyway. They wouldn't give them out if they didnt expect people to use them...if they couldn't afford the loss I am sure they wouldn't offer coupons to begin with...thats just my opinion.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Think about it...manufacturers COULD put limitations on their coupons to exclude trial sizes (some have it) in the fine print, but why wouldn't they want consumers to buy a trial size and use a coupon???

Back in university i took a marketing class & we learned about product markup, and generally speaking, the smaller the item, the larger the markup (due to smaller manufacturing costs, less product, smaller packaging etc. etc.). So, think about it from the manufacturers point of view--they sell a product with a larger markup AND they get their product in your house (so chances are higher that if you like it you will probably buy it again, and probably buy the full size version=brand loyalty) so the result: PROFIT for them. So, why not allow for their coupons to be used on trial sizes--isn't it comparable to a "free sample"?? If by getting you to TRY IT (thus the name, TRIAL) aren't they "intending" for you to like it and then buy it again?? That's why there are always coupons out for the latest newest products (eg: Advil nighttime is a good example--they didn't say it on the box but the tiny 10 capsules/box was probably their "trial" size, and then they put out a $4 coupon that is valid for a couple months & says specifically for ANY size, then once consumers buy it and try it then they will buy the 40 count box next time when they don't have a coupon?? Just one recent example).

So, if you think that coupons aren't meant for trial sizes, maybe you should think about it from a different point of view--in terms of their bottom line. Bottom line is what matters to companies, and if they didn't intend for their coupons to be used on trial sizes because it negatively affects their bottom line, they would have put it on the coupon "excludes trial size". They've done their math! That's what the marketing dept. does--comes up with profitable marketing strategies...and in case you haven't heard, coupons are just another marketing tool to get you to buy their products.

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information