User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: How do you save money on movies & entertainment?

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Netflix here! We also have basic satellite from Bell (the cheapest package), I PVR my fave tv series to watch when the kiddos sleep.

We love Netflix, we tried it with the free preview and loved it, so we kept it and lowered the tv package down.
    anisa, MoniqueS and vesper like this.
    My blog : Please join us as we talk about our journey, trials and triumphs with Autism!
    http://rubberduckiesandspoons.blogspot.ca/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I use Netflix, rent from the library and I purchase some movies I know I'll watch over and over again.

I would rather purchase the DVD usually the 1st week its out and on sale then get 2 tickets to Cineplex which ends up costing more and I get it enjoy it only once.

I buy lots of used movies from Amazon.ca they have pretty reasonable prices in the "marketplace" and have always received in good condition.
    MoniqueS and vesper like this.
    You know you love me xoxo Gossip Girl

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ditto on theNetflix or downloaded movies, pvr'd ones...we buy stuff to male a special dinner, hors d'oerves, snacks...wine...After years of dining out, it's not such a big deal (although I probably dudn't feel that way when we had kiddlings). Although...once on a while an over-night at the grandparent was lovely. Not having wine at dinners out saves a BUNDLE! Have a cocktail or two prior to going out, then wine when you get home...
    MoniqueS and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use torrents. Also, I take my daughter to the movies once and awhile and use my scene points card and my scene visa card to pay and save up the points for later use. I also earn Swagbucks and transfer them to amazon and use those certificates for movies or Wii games. I only buy movies if they're under $10.
    Last edited by curt81; Wed, Nov 21st, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    anisa and MoniqueS like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    isn't it funny how most of us forget the library
    Yup. Some local libaries are so good that the movie is there one week after it is out of the theatre. It's usually at the "high demand" rental section with hefty late fines, but still a good deal.

OP, we watch our shows by internet and do not have cable. CTV, CBC, Global TV, City Tv, Slice, HGTV Canada
    Natalka and MoniqueS like this.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Have Netflix. Love it.
    Also haven't purchased a new release movie with the exception of Disney movies, for ages. I have a Bell dish. On their pay per view, if you rent a movie that's on during a specific time ie) 9-11 pm you can hit record and it will record it and you still pay the same $5.99 price. It's kept on the DVR until I need the space for something else and erase it. I got Snow White and the Huntsman when it first came out on pay per view, recorded it and have watched it 3 times over the past 3 weeks.
    MoniqueS likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I redeem my air miles from time to time for cineplex movie night out passes. I also keep my eyes open for advance movie passes that you have to (quickly) sign up online for. Come to think about it, I can't remember the last time I paid to see a movie!
    Natalka and MoniqueS like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you have a CAA membership card, you can save a bit at Cineplex Theatres. They have the Child 1 night out (movie, drink,popcorn, kinder surprise) and also Adult passes for around $1 to $2 cheaper. I can't remember the exact savings. It's something though.
    Shwa Girl and MoniqueS like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go to second run theatre.Go Tuesday night pay with gift card online and get 20 extra Scene points.Buy Cineplex gift card at Petro Canada then when I have enough Petro points buy a $25 Cineplex gift card with points.Get Scene points for buying Cara gift cards until December 31,2012 3 points per dollar spent.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Nov 22nd, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Shwa Girl and MoniqueS like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I trade for Cineplex tickets....I refuse to pay OOP to see the garbage they call movies (and bring my own drink and now popcorn probably...last time it cost me over $9 for popcorn with butter).

I love TV on DVD so I use my Swagbucks to earn Amazon codes that I treat myself to a DVD or two.

My library is fabulous and has tons of movies you can borrow for a week.

I need to acknowledge Smart Canucks as before I became a member I used to pay OOP to see movies and buy TV DVD's. Thank you !!
    Natalka, Shwa Girl and MoniqueS like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information