User Tag List

Page 74 of 218 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3257
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: SC Scan coupon zone (look here if you search The shameless coupon skank!!!)

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chanelcat View Post
    why do you guys take the time to scan these if they're voided for our use?
    this is a legitimate question, not trying to be cheeky
    Actually, I think some other people wondered about the coupon pics with the VOIDs on them before, too. So, here's the scoop.

The actual coupons do not have VOIDs on them. The VOIDs are put on with software after the image is created (by scanning or photography). Me, I'm still a bit of a dork, so I just put on a piece of sticky paper with VOID written on it to render the image useless to print.

The images are only for informational use, so people can see what others are finding or getting. A lot of people like to get ideas for their wish lists they have for trading coupons. And it's always interesting to see these things and compare them. Some really prefer the visuals rather than just a written description.

These images are not meant to be printed off and used in the stores. That would be asking for a lot of trouble. VOIDs are necessary on the images to prevent fraud. It's necessary to have the image incomplete and/or altered so as to be unusable for anything other than getting a general idea of what the thing looks like, in case you're searching for it in the stores.
    Last edited by mcminsen; Sat, Apr 16th, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chanelcat View Post
    why do you guys take the time to scan these if they're voided for our use?
    this is a legitimate question, not trying to be cheeky

it's to prevent coupon fraud(which has been an issue in the past, no one wants to see stores getting scammed with coupon fraud, that hurts all of us), people like to post them to show others what they have found, it also helps some of us build a wishlist and make looking for posts
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    I wonder if this was the Dempster's OvenFresh coupon you're talking about? There are actually two different .75 off Dempster's OvenFresh coupons out there right now. The other one came in a booklet with a Dempster's Pita or Tortilla product coupon and also expires Dec.31 '11.

I found this new Dempster's OvenFresh coupon (pic below) at the Dunbar IGA store in Vancouver today. It's virtually identical to previous ones except it has the new expiry and code.

I had some of these before they had a March 31 expire date, happy to see the Dec exp date.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by whitefishmom View Post

I had some of these before they had a March 31 expire date, happy to see the Dec exp date.
    And there were also these two coupons, which included a .75 off any Dempster's OvenFresh product coupon. I had been picking these up at Walmart and various IGA stores in Vancouver. Same expiry, too. Dec.31 '11.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I talked to a walmart front end clerk today when i was checking to see who had the policy up to date... there are people who are printing off coupons like that and using them (don't they know walmart has cameras?!?!?!) ... i soooo love seeing the void coupons so i know what i am looking for... the coupons often show other items featured too so we know the multiple spots to check for them. so... thanks for putting up the images for us!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    I talked to a walmart front end clerk today when i was checking to see who had the policy up to date... there are people who are printing off coupons like that and using them (don't they know walmart has cameras?!?!?!) ... i soooo love seeing the void coupons so i know what i am looking for... the coupons often show other items featured too so we know the multiple spots to check for them. so... thanks for putting up the images for us!
    Omg! I can't believe people are STILL doing that Not nice!

I really appreciate this thread as well I get lots of ideas for my wish list & am able to figure out which coupons I'll be able to find in which stores. Thank you guys

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TOTAL COUPON NEWBIE HERE!!!! But where do you guys find these coups? Im in Edmonton, AB. All I get are brandsaver/save.ca/websaver/ coupon zone at store/etc. but these tearpads, can i grab one tear pad (as in one coupon not the whole thing ) and take it to any store?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newman View Post
    TOTAL COUPON NEWBIE HERE!!!! But where do you guys find these coups? Im in Edmonton, AB. All I get are brandsaver/save.ca/websaver/ coupon zone at store/etc. but these tearpads, can i grab one tear pad (as in one coupon not the whole thing ) and take it to any store?
    Yes! Unless the coupon specifies something like "Only valid at 'X' store," you can use tearpad coupons at any store that accepts coupons. (Dollarama, Costco, and others do not accept coupons; major grocery stores, such as Metro, Food Basics, Loblaw-brand stores, etc.; and others such as Walmart, Rexall PharmaPlus, London Drugs, and SDM; do accept coupons.) Acceptability of printed coupons really seems to vary per store, despite company policies. As a general rule, Food Basics does not accept printed coupons. In my opinion, Walmart is your best bet for using printables.

Welcome to SC

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Actually, I think some other people wondered about the coupon pics with the VOIDs on them before, too. So, here's the scoop.

The actual coupons do not have VOIDs on them. The VOIDs are put on with software after the image is created (by scanning or photography). Me, I'm still a bit of a dork, so I just put on a piece of sticky paper with VOID written on it to render the image useless to print.

The images are only for informational use, so people can see what others are finding or getting. A lot of people like to get ideas for their wish lists they have for trading coupons. And it's always interesting to see these things and compare them. Some really prefer the visuals rather than just a written description.

These images are not meant to be printed off and used in the stores. That would be asking for a lot of trouble. VOIDs are necessary on the images to prevent fraud. It's necessary to have the image incomplete and/or altered so as to be unusable for anything other than getting a general idea of what the thing looks like, in case you're searching for it in the stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    it's to prevent coupon fraud(which has been an issue in the past, no one wants to see stores getting scammed with coupon fraud, that hurts all of us), people like to post them to show others what they have found, it also helps some of us build a wishlist and make looking for posts
    Thanks to both of you to explain this to the new follower

I think I will add this info in the first post.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by guccigoo22 View Post
    I found the Irish Springs at IGA about a months ago. I actually forgot I had them lol. thanks for the reminder!
    I have that popcorn coupon. i got it at the LG booth in Richmond centre where they were featuring LG appliances. they gave us free popcorn with that peelie!

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

I just got myself updated on all the new coupons and I an on a huge look out now for the $1 gardein. I eat it all the time.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    119 (100%)

Came across a great coupon. This was found at the Green Living Show in Toronto at the Janes booth. This coupon was part of a booklet revolving around the MSC program. The expiry date is December 31, 2013. Thanks goes out to me@t k@tie for posting her sighting in this post.

Dropbox Referral Link Here

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Hi all! Has anyone seen the $4 wub3 dove coupons? posted by zcb257?

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/196935-...y-free-canada/

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Yesterday I went grocery shopping at IGA with my mom and my 2 kids and came across these coupons.

Buy 2 box of Orville Redenbockers of 5-6 or 8 bags and receive a free DR Pepper pr Crush.
    Buy 2 Campbell's Chicken broth and save 1.00$
    Buy any thin bagels from POM and save .50$
    Buy a Minute Maid Pro Heart and save 1$
    OH ya! my kids came home with toothbrushess to sell to raise money for their school back yard and they had a FREE Crest Pro-health toothpaste coupon that came with it.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by goldpeep View Post
    I have that popcorn coupon. i got it at the LG booth in Richmond centre where they were featuring LG appliances. they gave us free popcorn with that peelie!
    Thanks for the info on this coupon. It's always nice to know where these come from!

Page 74 of 218 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast

Thread Information