User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Thought I would share this post from facebook.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Who supposedly goes anywhere away from home on a one-way ticket to begin with? It's cheaper to buy a round trip. What kind of employer spends the money on a one way?
    And why did it cost "$750" to fly from Halifax NS to Edmonton? I can find flights at under $450 for a one way!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

and how do you know his

"easier the second time???....

NOT A BIT"

post from monday

isn't about having to leave his family again?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So it went from 16000 to 23000, she's an outright liar trying to scam points from people.
    Tabby40 likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    I have a hard time believing a woman with a well-established facebook page and 500 friends is out to scam people on the sdm page.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I'm actually feeling physically ill reading some of these comments, she probably removed her message from the SDM page because one of her 500 friends told her that her facebook page, full name, and comments were being posted on a third party webpage and that the community there was BLASTING her! I mean c'mon, this thread contains the full name and facebook URL for a woman who very well may be completely honest. You aren't in her shoes, and if you were, maybe you would be trying to do the same thing!

Sure, there are scammers out there, but the world is full of mostly good people, and maybe she was just trying to do what she could for her family.

Now she's been totally embarassed and completely revealed on a website that has nothing to do with facebook!

who knew SC was a community of private investigators out for blood.

and i just want to say, i don't know this woman. I am not her friend on facebook or otherwise, but I do not like seeing this humiliation and embarrassment of a complete stranger over something that could have been completely innocent.
    First of all, some people have not 'BLASTED' her.

Secondly, part of posting on public pages means that your information could very well be out there for all to see. Her FB page is fully public and not secure in the least. She posted on a completely public page asking for people to take pity on her, so of course people are going to be curious.

We're not 4chan, so don't treat us like we are.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

It seems fishy to me. I live apart from my husband currently, which I wait for my immigration paperwork to be processed, but I don't expect strangers to pay for my plane tickets to go visit him. While I appreciate any words of encouragement or the help of family and friends, I certainly don't expect people to give me freebies. Even if the situation is factual and sincere, it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. It seems like people expect freebies every time they are in a difficult situation, but it becomes a little overwhelming.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I vote to delete this thread! Let's use our energy to talk about our excitement for mega
    r0c0upons and dlushman like this.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Oh, you had to mention it.......MEGA REDEMPTION!!!!! Next flyer all the rumors will be put to rest....is it too early yet to start the flyer whine,lol? :0)
    ericaraina, Tabby40 and bluzsuz like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

With all due respect, this is not the case for everyone in Alberta. There are MANY maritimers who work here at their seasonal jobs, then go to Alberta to work, because there is nothing here in the winter, and when they head to Alberta, they are in debt from the previous year of low-paying local jobs. I am a young mom of 2 (3rd due Jan.) and my husband has had to work away from home for the last 6 winters (4 in Alberta). He is fortunate that his flights have always been payed, but those who started at his company in the last year don't get that. He could stay home and sit on EI, but refuses to do so when there is a job available. We don't come out of winter with 'so much money' that we can go on vacation....we've actually have never gone on a vacation. Most of the people at my husband's company are family guys, just trying to help their families survive. This year we sold our house and took a huge step into our own business to try and 'break the cycle'...but again, because of the seasonal nature of so many things out here, he may still go out west, and I'll be home with an infant, and 3 & 5 year olds.

I don't take offense at your comments, because I think what you said is true for alot of guys out there...but definatly not all! I could go on, but please don't assume everyone working in Alberta is in the same boat. It would shock you what some people think and say of my husband and I because of our choice for him to go west.

I think this woman asking for help is wrong. I sympathize with her if her 'situation' is true....but also wonder why 4 weeks before Christmas she suddenly realizes this, and getting some free SDM points is the only thing that will help her!

Sorry....not trying to get 'heavy' on this whole topic, but it has affected my life greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    LOL first of all most employers pay for the flights...and most of the time people from east work in fort mcmurray or so in the west,and then they say they can't afford the flight? if the husband works in the west and has not enough money to pay for the flight home then i don't know why he took a job here. i know so many people that work in alberta for example and going home regularly (employer pays flight or they do it). most east people earn so much money that they work for a couple month here and go back for a couple weeks to make vacation because they have so much money. what a story! LOL

sorry if some don't like this, but these are just my 2 cents.
    Tabby40, momgoneawol and peachies like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't even care if scammer or not. The messege she uses is bull. Let's just pretend its 100% true...now, either a flight for dad, or presents for her 9 year old? First of all, a 9 year old doesn't NEED the amount of presents in $ that it would cost to fly her dad home. 2nd, its not even a question - family over presents. You teach your 9 year old that. Even if it means she has to spill the beans over st. nick if she doesn't already know.

This is the perfect example of buying kids love. If it were ALL true (which I highly doubt it) her 9 year old isn't stupid. She knows they are poor, and she should learn the facts of life. 16000 points isn't going to change that. neither is 160000 points. Or a million for that matter.

In all likelihood, she is just looking for points - not scamming cards or anything, she basically is just trying to get points using a sad story. The sad story makes me less likely to give up points. I don't think this thread should be deleted at all. I hate it when people beg for money over the net. And begging for 16000 for mega redemption just makes it all the more stupid. It's not like mega redemption is life or death get to the 95k mark - its just a slight bonus of 25% better than redemptions that happen every month or so.

16k like someone posted is 20$ at best. you think that is all she's looking for? I'd be much MUCH more liikely to donate my bonus points using shopppers 'donate your points' link than giving to some stranger. Anyone who feels I am wrong, promise me one thing - do not share your optimum number to this person, or anyone else you don't know - EVER!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

TOTALLY agree stevstevd! If the kid's Christmas will be 'ruined' because she doesn't get $200+ in gifts, then they have set her expectations a bit too high.

Plus there are ALOT of places out there that will help families provide a good Christmas for their kids....SDM FB page is not the place to look for help!
    gourmetsue and Tabby40 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

483 128 people LIKE SDM's FB page...
    let's just say that 1% (4831 people) felt sypamthetic and 1/3 (1610) considered sending points
    of that 1610 say 1/3 (534) did offer some points, now of that 534 again say 1/3 (178) sent some points = ????
    even if only 1/3 of 178 (59) sent the requested 16000 pts. that's almost 944 000pts... W@W!!!
    Thing is we all know there are softies who would go above and beyond out of the kindness of their hearts...
    I'd like to think it wasn't a scam, but these days it's too hard to tell who's being honest and who's not.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MakeCents? View Post
    483 128 people LIKE SDM's FB page...
    let's just say that 1% (4831 people) felt sypamthetic and 1/3 (1610) considered sending points
    of that 1610 say 1/3 (534) did offer some points, now of that 534 again say 1/3 (178) sent some points = ????
    even if only 1/3 of 178 (59) sent the requested 16000 pts. that's almost 944 000pts... W@W!!!
    Thing is we all know there are softies who would go above and beyond out of the kindness of their hearts...
    I'd like to think it wasn't a scam, but these days it's too hard to tell who's being honest and who's not.

true...but with all thoes transfers SDM would likely "freeze" her acct. anyway.
    anisa, gourmetsue and Tabby40 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i saw yesterday a comment fron sdm representative...stay tuned for announcements tomorrow.
    Are they going to announce mega tion today...just wondering//
    Tabby40 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Her post was probably deleted by the SDM page representative - remember, it is against terms of service to trade points.
    Tabby40 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would never do it.Sounds like begging to me.Most of us are not rich & need the points ourselves.
    Note I just read the first couple of posts in this thread so Im replying to them on this post
    Tabby40 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information