User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: help with rbc optimium points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

just received my bill,, it says that xxxx pts credited to my account , i go look , not there,, so my questions are

How does this show up on my account , would it have said rbC??
    also what time of the month??

i called shoppers on this , the guy tried to tell me i had several campaign adjustments and that would have been my points.

sorry,, that was the secret pt event,, he also said mbna gave me my points,,, dawwwww,, rbc and mbna are two separate credit cards.

any help would be appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The same thing is happening to me. I got my bill 2 weeks ago still no points. I have talked to RBC, and shoppers 3 times. They say they will call back but still nothing. They say you got your points form mbna but it's not mbna. I will be calling them again tomorrow. I think I maybe closing my rbc account.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks ,, for the info
    i think i will post on facebook

dear shoppers im peeved,, i received my rbc statement today stating how many points i earned.. these points have not been credited to my shoppers optimium card,, my problem is i called rbc, they told me to call u folks, which i did .. service rep told me that the points were credited by mbna,, daaaaaaaaaw.. yes they were. so now where are my rbc points.. i have spoken to other friends with the same problem,, strange as this is being investigated for only one customer,, please educate your service reps ,,let them know rbc and mbna are 2 separate financial instutions .. i will be calling again tomorrow ,
    Last edited by redfox; Tue, Nov 20th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
    itsmewhoelse likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

^ RBC seems to be screwing up with their new Optimum MC. My points didn't show up either - they are investigating. I suggest you call. Don't let them tell you it's your job to link the MC to your optimum account. But check to make sure they have the right # to your optimum acct. Ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't get an answer that makes sense. Points are suppose to be in your optimum card on your cc statement date (but I would give it 24 hours).

Good luck, let us know how it turns out

Silk
    redfox likes this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

so who did u call shoppers or rbc,,

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

^ RBC. It is their job to link your cc acct with your optimum acct. They are suppose to provide the info to SDM optimum.

I'm assuming this was your first statement from RBC optimum MC. If so, you should have gotten 15,000 pts plus the points from your purchases. This shows up on your cc statement. As long as it's on your statement, you are entitled to those points . You will get them, you may just have to chase them down/fight for them. RBC assured me I will get the points.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I had a problem with mine as well. I called shoppers and they did not show a RBC credit card to my account. She said that sometimes when applying for the RBC master card they would "default" and enter in a new optimum card. I called RBC and they had the wrong card number attached to my account. I was told that after the statement date the points would be credited within 24 hours. They were (thank god) and they show up as "points transaction" I am glad I have a way to differentiate between that and "campaign adjustment" so I make sure I am getting what is owed to me.
    Silk likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I currently have the MBNA card & also the RBC Optimum card. I received points from each card this month, within ten days of each other. The first three items are from the RBC card (including the 15,000 welcome bonus) & the following two items are from the MBNA card. The final line is for two of the 16,000 bonus points WUS $100 coupons that I received in the mail - they showed up on one line. Hope this helps!

Transaction Date Transaction Type Purchase Amount($)
    (before tax) Total Points Awarded Total Points Redeemed
    11-14-2012 Point Transaction 0.00 15,000 0
    11-14-2012 Point Transaction 0.00 4,954 0
    11-14-2012 Point Transaction 0.00 3,687 0
    11-04-2012 MBNA Points - Regular 0.00 8,527 0
    11-04-2012 MBNA Points - Bonus 0.00 2,676 0
    11-02-2012 Campaign Adjustment 0.00 32,000 0

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I'm having the same problem. Last month when I got the new card I got the points and the bonus points within 2 days after the statement. Now it has been over 1 week and still no point. I know they have the right optimum card because I received the first one. I called both SDM and RBC. Shopper said it is RBC job to credit the account. I had been on the phone for over 30mins and she said they will investigate the problem and it will take 5-7 business days. WHAT! I'm hoping to redeem my points this weekend. Not happy with them right now;(

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tida View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Last month when I got the new card I got the points and the bonus points within 2 days after the statement. Now it has been over 1 week and still no point. I know they have the right optimum card because I received the first one. I called both SDM and RBC. Shopper said it is RBC job to credit the account. I had been on the phone for over 30mins and she said they will investigate the problem and it will take 5-7 business days. WHAT! I'm hoping to redeem my points this weekend. Not happy with them right now;(
    They told me 5-10 biz days I think. It's been 12 now. What a drag. Hope yours show up in time for the redemption.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

told me to wait until dec 2,, my optimun account looks like faye merciers,,, no mention of rbc

11-02-2012 Campaign Adjustment 0.00 32,000 0
    11-01-2012 Campaign Adjustment 0.00 19,950 0
    10-30-2012 Purchase at Store 0148 74.90 3,570 0
    10-28-2012 MBNA Points - Regular 0.00 11,008 0
    10-28-2012 MBNA Points - Bonus 0.00 8,948
    Last edited by redfox; Mon, Nov 26th, 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have exactly the same problem. Have MBNA MC and RBC MC. After my RBC statement is ready, I waited for a good 5 days and still no points transferred to my Optimum. Called RBC, they said they transferred the points and asked me to call Shoppers Optimum. Called them and they said they will look into it. 10 days later, they left me the stupidest message saying " yes, we looked into it and your points have been added". Hello, I keep track of my optimum points and I know that they haven't. Called Shoppers Optimum again and they told me to call RBC. I called RBC again and they gave me a "case" number to proof that they have opened a case to investigate where my points went. But instead of having them call me, I have to call RBC next week to follow up on my "case". I never have a problem with MBNA MC transferring points. I hope this is not the beginning of a nightmare with RBC MC.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Check that they have your optimum number and didn't apply for a new #for you, I'm sure the program has both options and they probably hit the wrong one a few times....you might have two accounts now.

j

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    Check that they have your optimum number and didn't apply for a new #for you, I'm sure the program has both options and they probably hit the wrong one a few times....you might have two accounts now.

j
    I have the RBC MC for 2 months and I have the optimum points transferred last month, no problem so I know they have the right number linked.
    Pinkypie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks for all the input ,, anyway i found a couple of receipts with coupon #13284 dated oct 06 and 1 for oct 10,,, im assuming that thes are mailed coupons to spend $100 pts added later,,, does anyone have any memory of this coupon???? and when the pts were to be added..

promise to myself that in the new year i will be more organized

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information