User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: Blow the points and blow off SDM

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

betholio I think the change in mega redemption is just the last straw in a long line of issues with SDM this year for most people. Its not just the reduction but they were already frustrated at bad CS, changing offers, advertising deals that are not in store, constantly fighting for your points etc
    anisa, harbie, Silk and 2 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Feeling a certain level of customer dissatisfaction helps keep stores sharp. If everybody is "happy" with declining point values and lower-than-expected redemptions, why shouldn't Shoppers lower them even more, see how low they can go? Sure, it's a good program (if you participate in it sensibly) but that doesn't mean it should get worse or it couldn't be better.
    anisa likes this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This really was the last straw for many ppl.

yes, absolutely, it was not a given that there would be a mega red. of 95,000=250. we all know that and the ppl who are complaining about the complaining aren't the only ones aware of this

SDM has had far too many incidents on mass scale over the course of a whole year. on top of that they seem to feel that they are untouchable. who cares if a number (not a person) defects from the program, there are many more where he/she came from.

I have a feeling that in the end, SDM won't do anything to try and win over customers, or at least ensure that screwups don't happen again. Canadian retailers aren't as smart as american ones. american ones seem to keep their eye on the bottom line (good or bad, who knows) canadian retailers seem to let their egos get in the way. how dare a customer demand fair treatment!?! Harrumph!

yeah, some customers are probably not big money makers for SDM, but that is no reason to write them off. what little profit they make from us will go to the other retailers.

now with target and others coming up north, SDM will lose even more. as stupid as SDM thinks we are, we actually do value a good deal, and we understand the value of keeping more money IN our pockets.

I have no hope for SDM really becoming a savvy company that appreciates the value of a customer being in their store instead of the competition's.

will SDM go the way of zellers? not yet, but who knows about the future.

oh, and I hate their online games. they want us to sit for hours and click, guess, share, spin, plinko etc just so a small handful of ppl can actually win a prize. bah!
    abbasgirl, Silk, Zonny and 6 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not to mention those people not making them money through buying lossleaders are also very vocal in advertising SC

We have a weekly staff meeting and some come over to my office earlier to ask what they should be buying at SDM the following week, and they have worse makeup addictions than me so spend big on that stuff
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Why throw out the baby with the bath water? Why not shop smartly at SDM, reap the rewards and get free stuff? I don't buy stuff to get points, I buy things that I need if the price is right and like others, I combine coupons and 20x the points days. This year, the chocolate bar promo is the reason I did so well and there is no way I'll just stop shopping their because I'm mad that they play dirty tricks once in a while.
    anisa, Silk, FallenPixels and 6 others like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Anyone have the # what percentage of SDM customers actually have/us an optimum card? I was in there yesterday and I estimate about half the customers I saw making a purchase yes no when the cashier asked if they had an optimum card.

I agree with Miss Molly ^ to shop smart at SDM. And maybe when Target gets here SDM will realize they need to get their act together.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Dec 3rd, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I've been wondering about the big SDM scandal last year...it was before I was interested in SDM points...I heard that some got their points "stolen"? I think it has something to do with the poor security passwords required by SDM (like their postal codes) and then the points were transferred out?

Just curious...

J

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    I've been wondering about the big SDM scandal last year...it was before I was interested in SDM points...I heard that some got their points "stolen"? I think it has something to do with the poor security passwords required by SDM (like their postal codes) and then the points were transferred out?

Just curious...

J
    Someone was giving away their Optimum points I think it was 30,000 points.Then this person was giving away a 1000 points each to whomever wanted them.Then this someone cleaned out the accounts of the people he or she gave points to.Don't know how this person got passwords,postal codes or birthdates to login to these accounts maybe someone else knows.
    jezz likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Ya... that's something that I heard too....maybe it's a good time to remind people of good precautions to take with their accounts. I know I got alot of advice when opening mine to protect it.

J

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Someone was giving away their Optimum points I think it was 30,000 points.Then this person was giving away a 1000 points each to whomever wanted them.Then this someone cleaned out the accounts of the people he or she gave points to.Don't know how this person got passwords,postal codes or birthdates to login to these accounts maybe someone else knows.
    There is so much more to it than that. People who did not take the extra points got their accounts cleaned out too. It is suspected that there were 1 or more people working in cahoots doing trades for optimum points. If someone gives you their optimum number for you to transfer points to, then sends you an enveloppe with coupons (which has your postal code in the return address spot) then they have all the info they need.

But again, way more to it then that. People who've never traded got their accounts cleaned out too.
    jezz likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm going to suggest that anyone not planning on redeeming points on shopping at Shoppers consider gifting the points to one or more charities listed in the Donate Optimum points section. SCers seem keen to help others out.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Dec 3rd, 2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: ooooh-double word entry can't be fixed
    r0c0upons and lealgen like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    This really was the last straw for many ppl.

oh, and I hate their online games. they want us to sit for hours and click, guess, share, spin, plinko etc just so a small handful of ppl can actually win a prize. bah!
    So true!

I hate their online games too. Waste our lots of time!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information