User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: I could really use a friend right now...

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh you guys... *wipes tears away for the umpteenth time*

Everytime I read another post, I start to tear up. It's a good one though. Reminds me that there's still reasons to keep going.

I appreciate everything, you guys. You have no idea. *hands out a daisy with my love on it to everyone*

I think I'm going to call my grandparents tomorrow and tell them. I'm scared to death, but I know I have to do it. I was talking with one of my classmates today and he told me he's confident I'll pass accounting (THE vital course I need to continue on). I hope he's right, but I'm terrified. It's nice I can talk to him and not be scared of everything and everyone like normal...

As for Christmas, I was kind of thinking about it. I think I can afford a gift for my family in couples, but I can't do individual like last year. So my grandparents will get something, dad and stepmom, mom and stepdad, etc.

But thank you, guys. You have no idea how good I feel today. <3333
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

pmed you
    kokobear666 and sharkie like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hon, there isn't much I can add, except to say that I agree with everyone here..your family loves you!! As a Mom, I'd be so proud of you for getting out of any dark place you had been, and walking into the light and trying to advance yourself.
    You can't be all things to all people: remember that.
    You're a daughter, grand-daughter, and those who love you know what you're going through and I know they won't expect a big gift from you, if any at all. If you can make or bake something, then that's the best...one year our DD took a simple frame and hot-glued dried roses on it with some lace and ribbons, and I cherish it to this day! It's because she made it! Not because it cost a fortune. Let them simply enjoy your smiles, your optimism in the future, and your determination to succeed no matter HOW LONG it takes!
    You'll get there. We all had rough times and came through...and so will you!
    Merry Christmas, Hon!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm happy you're going to talk to your grandoarents, may I just say that if you can anyway, do it in person it would be better. Just like when you post things, sometimes when talking on the phone, it's hard to get a sense of where the person. I'm speaking from experience here, if you are in the same room as them, they can see your body gestures, and realize how upset you are and what this entire situation is doing to you. Although they would no you're upset because perhaps you are crying on the phone, they won't know what this is doing to you inside. Face to face is always best whenever possible.

One of my dd's had a situation years ago, and we talked on the phone about it. I knew she was upset, but I thought it was just one of those things and that it would be done with in a bit. I didn't realize who it was affecting her entire life at that point. Your grandparents will be able to tell that you are in dire straights, and very sincere about your conversation with them, so if possible, speak to them face to face.

I'm praying for things to turn around for you hon, remember that God never gives us more than we can handle, and that there is always a lesson to learn and pass on to others when we struggle.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I'm happy you're going to talk to your grandoarents, may I just say that if you can anyway, do it in person it would be better. Just like when you post things, sometimes when talking on the phone, it's hard to get a sense of where the person. I'm speaking from experience here, if you are in the same room as them, they can see your body gestures, and realize how upset you are and what this entire situation is doing to you. Although they would no you're upset because perhaps you are crying on the phone, they won't know what this is doing to you inside. Face to face is always best whenever possible.

One of my dd's had a situation years ago, and we talked on the phone about it. I knew she was upset, but I thought it was just one of those things and that it would be done with in a bit. I didn't realize who it was affecting her entire life at that point. Your grandparents will be able to tell that you are in dire straights, and very sincere about your conversation with them, so if possible, speak to them face to face.

I'm praying for things to turn around for you hon, remember that God never gives us more than we can handle, and that there is always a lesson to learn and pass on to others when we struggle.

I agree with you Holly about doing it face to face.....
    kokobear666 and coyote00 like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

You know we have or we will all struggle for something in a moment of our life.The most conforting and important is talk to see the solutions available.No mather virtual familly ,real one ,friends etc.The most important thing is to not keeping those things inside you ...they are energy and mental killer (talking per experiance and it is still the case for me)...Glad it will goes better for you with the time.Hugs And merry christmas.
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Nov 28th, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Name:  I-dont-think-thats-what-life-is-about.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  61.7 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

kokobear666, coyote00 and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

We've all been there!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am sorry things are tough right now. Everyone is right about making a plan. The moment where you stand still and say oh crap is when the problems can seem bigger then they really are. You are not going to be fine... your going to be AWESOME. You can really do this... just look at how many people believe in you!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

too choked up at the moment to post any great advice, but everyone else captured what I wanted to express. Best of luck!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Please take me up on my offer I left in the comment of a rep!
    sharkie likes this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Please take me up on my offer I left in the comment of a rep!
    Thanks so much.
    sharkie likes this.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kokobear666 View Post
    Thanks so much.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information