User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: We are adopting a family for the month of December with PICTURES NOW!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So here are some of the pictures, my apologies for their size

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 044.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  259.3 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 044.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  259.3 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 026.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  306.4 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 013.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  222.7 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 014.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  229.6 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 016.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  242.4 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 017.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  210.7 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 018.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  258.1 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 019.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  209.8 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 021.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  409.1 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 027.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  293.7 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 029.jpg
Views: 1375
Size:  265.1 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 032.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  241.8 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 034.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  275.6 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 039.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  419.7 KB

Name:  December & Adopt A Family 2012 050.jpg
Views: 1365
Size:  268.3 KB

UPDATES as of Tuesday, Dec. 11th
    - DH is picking up 4 shoe boxes that a lovely lady & her family in Stittsville is donating to this family, I will contact the church and arrange another drop off date (so happy)

Updates as of Thursday, Dec. 6th
    - delivered the rest of the goodies to the church today
    dairy, frozen meats & toys

UPDATES as of Wednesday, Dec. 5th

For 6 year old twin boy
    - finally found Lego Ninjago $29.86 - $5.00 prepaid MC (cereal promo) = $28.74 at WM for boy 6
    - 1 beyblades ($10.00 beyblades coupon) = $1.48
    - Squirmies Skull Playset for boys (reg. $24.95 down to $10.00 - $5.00 prepaid gas card) = $5.00 = $6.30

For 6 year old twin
    - Castle Squirmies Playset reg. $24.95 down to $10.00 - $5.00 prepaid gas card = $6.30
    - Bratz Boutique $25.00
    - purchased another Bratz doll for girl $12.00

For 8 year old girl
    Design your own purse $10.00 - $5.00 prepaid MC = $6.30
    Lime Green Throw $19.94 - $5.00 prepaid MC = $17.53
    Fuzzoodles Friends Set $16.00

DONE SHOPPING FOR THE KIDS

+++TOMORROW is drop off day for the toys & frozen items (meats, etc)

Need to get a little something for the mom!!!
    UPDATES as of Monday, December 3rd, 2012

- Made arrangements to drop off the dry goods & hygene boxes (4 big boxes) will post pictures

- Will make arrangements to drop off frozen meats, fresh veggies & fresh fruits along with toys once Puralator delivers order from TOYS R US, hopefully early enough this week (fingers crossed).

I want to give the family enough time to put the dry goods in their pantry or cupboards before I deliver the frozen meats + other items.

So I will keep you posted when the toys arrive and when I will be delivering part 2 of my donation.

Nancy

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATES as of November 30th:

I purchased a Bratz doll set for the 6 year old girl, which was a suggestion

For the 8 year old girl, I ordered the following from Toys R Us last night; 1x Fuzzoodles Fluffy Friends Large Kit and Perler Fuse Bead Bucket Activity Kit - Sea Life

I had no luck at WM and Toys R US with the Lego Ninjago as WM was sold out of everything and Toys R Us was out of stock on just about everyting, so I need to recheck WM over the weekend or send dh to Zellers this week where the Lego is 30%.

I'm unsure as to what to get the mom as I don't know her and she did not wish to provide a suggestion which was thoughtful, however, I still wish to get her a little something.

------------------------------------------------

My family is adopting a family for the month of December and if so excited

Originally we were going to donate to the food bank but a few months back in August I sent am email to our church and just today rec'd a family that is in need this Holiday Season.

The family is a single mother, with a set of twins and an older daughter.

I am so excited as I have a huge stockpile that I've been donating items throughout the year but now get to do our biggest donation to date.

I did do 38 RAOKS (random acts of kindness) for my birthday instead of gifts for myself and I had a blast and felt fantastic.

So this donation will consist of so many items but I promise to take pictures as the items are boxed up and get ready for the drop off date (waiting on the date from the church's secretary)

BELOW IS A COPY OF THE EMAIL I SENT TO THE CHURCH BACK IN AUGUST

Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:20:56 PM
    Subject: Family in need this Christmas

Hi there,

My family and I would like to help a family that needs a helping hand this upcoming Christmas Season. We have already started our shopping and are so excited to be able to help a family that could use a helping hand.

If either yourself or Father knows of a family that could use some help this Christmas with groceries, cleaning supplies, etc....Our family of 4 would be delighted to help out.

We would like to "Adopt a Family for the Month of December". We would drop off the items to the church the 1st week of December so that the family can remain annonymous should they wish. We do not wish or expect anything in return as the gift of giving is a gift in itself.

If someone could get back to me with any information as to if any family members have any food allergies or ages of the children and sex so that perhaps a few items could be included as small gifts for the children.

We would love to make 1 family's month of December as stress free as possible and allow them to focus on what is most important; themselves and their loved ones and of course their faith.

Also please let us know if this family has a freezer to store frozen meat & juices, etc.

We would contribute in the following way:

Provide -
    toothpaste, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, turkey, ham, fresh patatoes, fresh carrots, canned foods, meats that will be frozen because they will be purchased ahead of time, Hamburger Helper, Old El paso, chicken, cake mixes, stuffing in a box, cereal, frozen juices +++ other items that I will come across in the next few month.

In conclusion, we would love to adopt a family for the month of December in the following way;
    provide a substantial amount of hygene items, canned foods, frozen meats, fresh vegetables, etc....Purchase a few small items/gifts for the children.

Checklist

Food Allergies?
    Boys ages?
    Girls ages?
    Single or two parents?

Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely,

Nancy

This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Toys R Us, Zellers
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Dec 11th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

What a fabulous way to give back! This is truly what the Christmas season should be all about. Way to set a great example for your family

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Wow! you are awesome! very very lucky family and more blessings to you!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

You are an amazing person to be doing this.
    To think about others at this time of year is truly what the season is all about.
    The saying "that it's better to give, than to receive" is clearly one you are living by.
    Good for you and all the other amazing SCers who are helping other at this time of year.
    GREAT JOB.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Back when I was still a single Mom of 4, working a full time job during the day, and a part time job in the evenings, plus getting zero child support or any help in any way from their father, we were recipients from an 'adopt a family' in our area. I can tell you from personal experience that this meant more to the kids & I than I could even put into words. Not only did boxes of household supplies & groceries arrive on our doorstep, but little gifts for the kids such as tim horton's vouchers for each child that they could use to get their own hot chocolate - they were placed inside an empty toilet paper tube which was then wrapped up in wrapping paper & ribbon to look like those christmas crackers I remembered as a child

There were even knitted scarves, mittens, socks - all sorts of goodies, and it was very wonderful to receive them.

Last year I was finally able to afford to pay that forward & created a basket for another single mother that contained all sorts of items as well including diapers & wipes for her baby.

What an awesome thing you are doing for that family. While I know you are doing this out of kindness, please know that the family that will receive your wonderful gift will appreciate it more than most people can imagine. Thank you for being such a kind person.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

What a wonderful idea
    sharkie, jasperandchar and barginb like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your kind words and memories of your gift giving & receiving.

It not the presents it's the presence!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

thats so wonderful of you and your family to do. god bless you!

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

thats great. i wish we could afford to adopt a family for christmas. the best we can do is use coupons to get food really cheap and drop it off in the food bins.

we are having a small christmas this year. we got one of those 5 foot trees from walmart fot 10$ and the only reason we arent skipping this year is because its ds2 first christmas. we got our kids some good gifts this year though because of great sales and also used pampers and disney points for gifts. i dont want this to sound down though. we have a great new apartment for the kids to live with no phychotic neighbours and no disgusting pests. and we will get our new beds in 2 weeks when we make our final payment
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

unbelievable. thats amazing what you're doing!!!!

i wish i could see their reactions when they get all the goods!
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Kudos and best of wishes for the holiday season

Proud to be Canadian, eh! ZumbaQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You will get back pressed down, shaken together and running over! Sometimes the need is in our own back yard. You have inspired

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

your post gave me goose bumps! You are truly a blessing to this family.
    sharkie and barginb like this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

you truly are a sweet, kind and caring person who knows what it means to "not let your right hand know what your left is doing" - you just give and give. i'm recalling your "vent" about your family living situation with extra guests and with all of that, there's still room in your heart to ensure a family knows and feels real love. The blessing will return to you! all the best as you pack up the goodies to drop off..I can imagine your family's excitement!
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

that is a very sweet thing for you to do!!!!!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information